PDA

View Full Version : Smokebomb? Not very effective.

Starsfan1009
10-07-2010, 07:50 PM
While playing the beta, the smokebomb ability is one of the first things you unlock as you level up. So it plays a relatively large role in how you do throughout the multiplayer arena. But I've encountered a problem with it on several occasions.

First: Several times as I'm running from my assassin who I've spotted, I would let him get mildly close. Then as I turn around a corner, I would throw a smokebomb in order to stun him. And, several times, the smoke doesn't work at all. The assassin walks right through it and kills me. Go figure. And this has happened in each map.

Second: If I'm being chased on the ground, again I'll let my assassin get a little close (still 20 feet away or so) and then throw a smokebomb to either stop him or make him go around. Yet, when thrown, the smoke doesn't go off for about 2-3 seconds. I don't know about you, but I'm pretty sure it's supposed to instantaneous when you press the button as it was in Assassin's Creed II. So the smoke is delayed, and the assassin kills me anyway.

Three: I'll throw a smokebomb right before a an assassin is about to kill me. The smoke goes off, but the kill is still completed. So what's the point?

Four: I've identified my assassin. We're in a chase. MIRACULOUSLY on the few occasions that the smokebomb actually works, I turn around and press the circle button to stun him (the button is prompted over his head). Yet, the smoke is still there, I can't stun him, and he still kills me.

SO...I'm really hoping they fix this and make the smoke bomb instantaneous and a little more effective when used. It could be a great tool (and maybe it is for some people...it would be nice to know how) to use in a chase or even against your targets. For some reason, however, it just doesn't flow smoothly or seem to work that much. Don't get me wrong...I love, love, love the multiplayer, but I think this (and I'm sure there are other problems) should be fixed.

Iskander_Estel
10-07-2010, 08:13 PM
It's just a beta, it'll be fixed bye the game release

LaCava1
10-07-2010, 08:40 PM
The smoke is supposed to be delayed. If you throw the bomb to early, they won't be affected by the smoke. When you throw it right as they press square to kill you, they still kill you if they hit it first.

WackoJacko_7
10-08-2010, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by triforceman5:
The smoke is supposed to be delayed. If you throw the bomb to early, they won't be affected by the smoke. When you throw it right as they press square to kill you, they still kill you if they hit it first.

If they hit it 2 seconds after you throw it they'll still kill you!!

TheMusingMoose
10-08-2010, 12:09 PM
Hey. The beta is FREE. You still get to play it before Xbox owners. SO DON'T COMPLAIN!!!!!!!

thekyle0
10-08-2010, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by Iskander_Estel:
It's just a beta, it'll be fixed bye the game release The point of the Beta is to collect feedback so that they know what to fix and mend the problem by the time the full game launches. If people don't post feedback then it will pretty much have been a waste of time.

@Starsfan1009: It would be more constructive to post this issue in one of the two Beta forums. Here are the links.

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/frm/f/2361024388

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/frm/f/3371024388

AC-FANBOY
10-08-2010, 04:40 PM
It's strange though. When I threw my smoke bomb, my pursuer ran into it and started coughing. So I went back and pressed circle, the smoke was still there and he was still coughing and he killed me before I could stun?

Yeah, It's only a beta :P

Also, Morph ability is the best when your 1st place in Siena. Blend in with a walking crowd.
Look behind you, see anyone running your way? Anyone just randomly jump of a roof top? Turn around and smack their face since they don't know who to kill.

Starsfan1009
10-08-2010, 05:31 PM
Thanks for those links.

And yeah, punching your assassin in the face is one of the best feelings in multiplayer. Morph helps out a lot with that lol.

Assassin: WHICH ONE DO I KILL?!!?? WHICH ONE IS HIM?!?!

Target: *punch in the face* Me.

It's also hilarious when you knock your assassin out...and then you see somebody walk up and kick them in the face lmao. so rewarding