PDA

View Full Version : Trouble installing FB

blazer-glory
06-01-2005, 06:55 AM
I'm trying to install Forgotten Battles but keep getting the following error message after the installation reaches 100%.

'Error 1305. Error reading from file c:\Program Files\Ubi Soft\Il-2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles\fb_3do01.SFS. Verify the files exists and that you can access it.'

Has anyone else had this problem or know how to fix it?

Skizzled
06-01-2005, 10:01 AM
I've had this problem before. You must retry installing it over and over until it works. I know it sounds like a pain, but after 1 or 2 more tries, it'll work like a charm. Atleast, it did for me.

Goodluck!

blazer-glory
06-01-2005, 11:59 AM
Oh thats a bit odd. Well at least I know the disc can't be damaged. I have already tried 'retry'-ing a couple of times but no luck. I'll give it another few chances though and see what happens.

Thanks.

horseback
06-01-2005, 12:28 PM
You may have to find the files on the CD and try copying them directly into your Hard Drive in the specified folder.

cheers

horseback

blazer-glory
06-01-2005, 02:10 PM
I tried that and there was an error copying the file. I'm starting to think the disc maybe damaged, I did buy it second hand. I'll contact Ubisoft about getting a replacement.

signalnorth
06-02-2005, 03:10 AM
I had this same problem . I tired 5 or 6 time to reinstall with no luck then I noticed I had the PF disc in the other drive - I took that out, tried agin and hey presto it worked! That may have been a complete coincidence, but I share it with you just in case there was someting in it

blazer-glory
06-02-2005, 05:03 AM
lol Ok thanks. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif