PDA

View Full Version : Missing more detailed aircraft data/spec.

thmalablloo
01-08-2005, 12:57 PM
I've been flying this sim since IL2+FB, and as this obviously is a detailed and realistic sim,
I am missing more detailed data on the various aircraft.
Flying an aircraft to do battle without even knowing the stallspeed is NOT realistic.
I'd really like the following for every flyable ac in this sim :
- Stallspeed (All flap settings)
- Cruisespeed
- Best climb speed
- Aproach speed
- Max speed for lowering landing gear
- Max operating speed (All flap settings)

I've searched the internet to find this information without luck so far.

I'm sure there are many others that agree on this.

Regards Tolli

thmalablloo
01-08-2005, 12:57 PM
I've been flying this sim since IL2+FB, and as this obviously is a detailed and realistic sim,
I am missing more detailed data on the various aircraft.
Flying an aircraft to do battle without even knowing the stallspeed is NOT realistic.
I'd really like the following for every flyable ac in this sim :
- Stallspeed (All flap settings)
- Cruisespeed
- Best climb speed
- Aproach speed
- Max speed for lowering landing gear
- Max operating speed (All flap settings)

I've searched the internet to find this information without luck so far.

I'm sure there are many others that agree on this.

Regards Tolli

Latico
01-08-2005, 05:25 PM
If I understand correctly, you are asking for statistical information on the aircraft as they exist in the simulation, not the real world stats.

The reason that this info may not exist currently is probably because the FM's for the aircraft have continously been tweaked (via patches). No one wants to spend the time to do the necessary test flights for all the aircraft and compile the data until the FM's are finally "set in stone". Maybe, after all the twweaking is over, someone will begin to compile this data on some of the planes. But don't expect this data for ALL of them.

You could do your own test in the QMB if you want. Just remember that you have to do each test with different armament loads and fuel loads. Have a notepad and pencil handy.

thmalablloo
01-09-2005, 10:02 AM
Thanks for your reply.
Actually I meant the stats on the realworld aircraft...
I suppose this isn't too far off the stats for the simulated aircraft.
Previous to PF I've flown the approach at about 90knots/(170Kmh) and landed OK,
but the approach and landing on carriers would have been easier with these stats available...
On such a realistic sim I'm surprised these stats aren't incuded in the manual or maybe on a "kneepad" like in MSFS.

Latico
01-09-2005, 10:25 AM
From what I've read in another thread, the real world stats might be a little different from the performance of the planes in the sim. Reason for this is that the developers used an real world performance average in the FM's. Reason for this is that in some cases a particular model aircraft may have been manufactured by more than one company and that the performance of the 2 "products" might not match, due to differing quality control of the 2 manufactures as well as other contributing factors.

Another reason for using an average is that different resources for performance stats often give somewhat different numbers.

Atomic_Marten
01-09-2005, 10:42 AM
First off, I would like to see the data for all aircraft (subvariants that share flight performance excluded) at all.

walsh2509
01-09-2005, 11:28 AM
not all but click on the AC you want and down near the bottom of the page is the info I think your looking for...

http://www.fleetairarmarchive.net/Aircraft/AircraftindexManufacturer.html

thmalablloo
01-09-2005, 01:44 PM
Guess these stats aren't easy to come across...
It is possible to get reprints of the original operating manuals and pilot training manuals
for most US aircraft, but those books are hard to find and exspensive.
I know this because I have a copy of the Pilot training manual for the B-24, originally
printed in October 1944.
This bookshop in Oslo allso had copies of the P-47, and P-51 manuals.
But what's the point if the FM doesn't compare with real life right?

All this makes me think that if the FM doesn't compare to real life, the realism of the FM's goes out the window... ?

MiszaNC
01-09-2005, 04:06 PM
I have already mentioned that if you let AP land a F6F its approach speed will be 60 KTS (same with F4U !) and just 50 KTS on flare. I can not keep A/C in control flight if speed drops just below 70 KTS, even 80 is rather risky.
The paper: http://www.cannon-lexington.com/Pages/Turkey%20Shoot.htm
says that the stall of F6F was 55 KTS = 63 mph. So F6F in PF SHOULD be still stable in 60 KTS some 70 mph approach.
There is something WRONG in the game engine concerning aerodynamic of at least some planes. And why AP can make it and we can not?

Yimmy
01-10-2005, 11:33 AM
Concerning aircraft stats if not stall speeds etc, the brief advantages and disadvantages text at the bottom of thw write up on the view objects pages seems to be a tad random, the way it says the zero with 2 x 20mm cannons to be poorly armed and the likes...