PDA

View Full Version : Debriefings

MucusG
03-21-2006, 06:49 AM
How many of you wish we had a detailed debriefing after each mission, ie killed xyz plane and xyz ground targets (including types)and mission was a success/failure because xyz happened?? Especially stuff about why a mission was considered a success or not.

Just thinking about this because it all seemed a bit dry when many missions into a campaign.

Just a comment so please dont flame me as I love this Sim

MucusG
03-21-2006, 06:49 AM
How many of you wish we had a detailed debriefing after each mission, ie killed xyz plane and xyz ground targets (including types)and mission was a success/failure because xyz happened?? Especially stuff about why a mission was considered a success or not.

Just thinking about this because it all seemed a bit dry when many missions into a campaign.

Just a comment so please dont flame me as I love this Sim

TC_Stele
03-21-2006, 06:03 PM
There's a really awesome utility called Mission Log Reader. You can download it here http://www.thinking-board.net/MLR/

It gives you a rundown of the missions you flew, indicating what was shot down or destroyed, when and where.

danjama
03-21-2006, 06:19 PM
id like a decent offline campaign mode, one that immerses the player....

major_setback
03-21-2006, 07:10 PM
I'll keep my briefs on, thank you.

MucusG
03-22-2006, 05:38 AM
Thanks for th link TC_Stele. Just downloaded and intalled it, looks great http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

LEBillfish
03-22-2006, 08:31 AM
The information is actually there.......Though just not in the format I think most like.

In the chat bar type ">user STAT"...Then you can scroll up and see what each person actually did as far as "kills both ground and air & armament expended/hit ratio".

However, what I'd like to see is a file saved that would generate a report like in rb3d. In RB3d, you would see an overview of the map, see all the planes in the area moving about (much like if mip map icons are on).....Then as each major event happened you would see a balloon of text stating what it was coming from that plane's icon including the routes each plane took would remain.....In the end you'd see a final tally.

Ex. 2 planes
Bob/Spitfire/Takes off X time
Tom/109f2/takes off X time
Bob/Spitfire/fires 42 MG rounds
Tom/109F2/struck by 22 Mg rounds
Tom/109f2/engine damaged
Tom/109f2/ailoron damaged
Tom/109f2/is wounded
etc.