PDA

View Full Version : Italian La-5s?

XyZspineZyX
11-06-2003, 10:41 PM
I recently picked up a custom skin from the IL-2 site billed as "La5-FN, Regia Aeronautica, Colors of the Italian Airforce - Russia 1942." I'm assuming the Italians picked up and repainted captured Russian fighters. Can anyone enlighten me? Thanks.

XyZspineZyX
11-06-2003, 10:41 PM
I recently picked up a custom skin from the IL-2 site billed as "La5-FN, Regia Aeronautica, Colors of the Italian Airforce - Russia 1942." I'm assuming the Italians picked up and repainted captured Russian fighters. Can anyone enlighten me? Thanks.

XyZspineZyX
11-07-2003, 02:16 AM
I wouldn't consider the colors of FB skins as a reliable source of historical information... people take lots of liberties in making skins (which is great!!).

GATO_LOCO

XyZspineZyX
11-07-2003, 08:33 AM
The Italians might well have picked up captured Russian planes, they used captured Russian everything else (I've seen pictures of t-34's with big Savoia crosses on them). The guy who made the skin may or may not have had any idea if this actually happened just as I really don't but I would venture to guess that if faced with the choice between a captured La-5 and a Cr. 42 the Italian would get into the Russian plane.

XyZspineZyX
11-07-2003, 10:49 AM
I know that skin. It's nice but it's simply a phantasy skin, using some elements of the Italian camos.

<FONT COLOR="yellow">BBB_ABRAXA</FONT>

<center>http://ourworld.cs.com/Abra772/mc205_3.jpeg </center>

<marquee> <FONT COLOR="red"> Si vis pacem, para bellum</FONT></marquee>