PDA

View Full Version : UBI I accept your apology ...

Old_Canuck
05-11-2006, 11:13 AM
... but you owe me! Pe 2 (Francais) is uninstalled, Boobybox is uninstalled, and the registry is finally cleaned (another forty dollars for a decent registry cleaner). Now I'll go back to waiting along with the wiser ones until you sort this mess out. You got my money - I got the Pe2 registration key. Waiting .... waiting ...

96th_Nightshifter
05-11-2006, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Old_Canuck:
... but you owe me! Pe 2 (Francais) is uninstalled, Boobybox is uninstalled, and the registry is finally cleaned (another forty dollars for a decent registry cleaner). Now I'll go back to waiting along with the wiser ones until you sort this mess out. You got my money - I got the Pe2 registration key. Waiting .... waiting ...

You payed $40 for a registry cleaner?

Megile_
05-11-2006, 11:18 AM
Why did you uninstall a perfectly good game?

joeap
05-11-2006, 11:25 AM
What, didn't you read the guide you can get rid of Boonty while keeping the Pe-2!!

Stackhouse25th
05-11-2006, 11:31 AM
sad

Old_Canuck
05-11-2006, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by joeap:
What, didn't you read the guide you can get rid of Boonty while keeping the Pe-2!!

Can't read French. You shouldn't have to go through all this nonsense to buy a game. Download the software and set it up is all you should have to do. Ubi is at fault here. Some forum members have done a lot of work to get around this problem but the problem remains.

Agamemnon22
05-11-2006, 12:23 PM
Aw come on, it is one of our official languages after all. Can you go back and download the english version seeing as how you already paid for it?

Old_Canuck
05-11-2006, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by Agamemnon22:
Aw come on, it is one of our official languages after all. Can you go back and download the english version seeing as how you already paid for it?

It is one of Canada's official languages but I prefer Spanish. Might try to go back and download the English version if it doesn't cost more money. But then again, UBI said "Boonty and Ubisoft are currently working on solving these issues as soon as possible.

Thank you for your support, we will keep you posted in the coming days."

Might just wait and be a beta tester for their fix. For average computer buffs like myself, I believe waiting is a good call in this situation.

ajpreto
05-11-2006, 12:34 PM
I chose to unistall Boonty Box, but I think it is harmless. It can be removed easily and the registry "leftovers" are harmless too.

I just did what Luthier wrote

- backup il2.exe and il2fb.exe v. 4.04
- download Boonty Box
- change prefs. to English and manual installation
- download Pe-2
- install manually and activate
- move file.1 and file.2 to the correct names and place
- uninstall Boonty Box (optional)
- restore backups of il2.exe and il2fb.exe v. 4.04

The next add-on will install over v. 4.05. If the registry does not contain info about this version a new full install may be required. So I think it is better to follow the normal installation process and leave the registry alone.

BTW, the Pe-2 installer is in French, but it is easy to follow the procedure.

Airam.

Old_Canuck
05-11-2006, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by ajpreto:
I chose to unistall Boonty Box, but I think it is harmless. It can be removed easily and the registry "leftovers" are harmless too.

- download Boonty Box
- download Pe-2

The next add-on will install over v. 4.05. If the registry does not contain info about this version a new full install may be required. So I think it is better to follow the normal installation process and leave the registry alone.

Airam.

Point taken but UBI's fix will solve it for us average computer users right? Here's what my screen appeared like with Boonty "uninstalled." If you moved a dialogue box around it got worse. It was like this until Pe 2 was uninstalled and the registry was cleaned.
http://www.woodbuddies.com/PF/BoontyNightmare.jpg

TacticalYak3
05-11-2006, 01:05 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Agamemnon22:

It is one of Canada's official languages but I prefer Spanish. Might try to go back and download the English version if it doesn't cost more money. But then again, UBI said "Boonty and Ubisoft are currently working on solving these issues as soon as possible.

Thank you for your support, we will keep you posted in the coming days."

Might just wait and be a beta tester for their fix. For average computer buffs like myself, I believe waiting is a good call in this situation. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're not alone mate. I too am waiting for the issues to be resolved. If nothing else it will remove a couple steps in this "easy 100 steps to a perfect installation" process that some folks have been kind enough to provide the community.

Do you think they are actually working on it though? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

Stigler_9_JG52
05-11-2006, 01:25 PM
I don't know....

but one thing I didn't like seeing in the "apology" is...

Boonty and Ubisoft are currently working on solving these issues as soon as possible.

They're once again missing the point.

WE DON'T WANT @#$%^&*~ BOONTY involved in it!!!! We are wary of their software, wary of its intention, wary of its effects on our PCs and just want a straight up download and upgrade. Is that so hard to understand?

Old_Canuck
05-11-2006, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Stigler_9_JG52:
WE DON'T WANT @#$%^&*~ BOONTY involved in it!!!! We are wary of their software, wary of its intention, wary of its effects on our PCs and just want a straight up download and upgrade. Is that so hard to understand?

[QUOTE]Boonty and Ubisoft are currently working on solving these issues as soon as possible.

Stigler, some of your posts made me grind my false teeth but I'm right with you on this one. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

TQUOTE]

GR142_Astro
05-11-2006, 02:03 PM
Another wave of potential repeat customers bites the dust.

chriswatton
05-11-2006, 02:29 PM
Is there anything we can do, legally, to get our money back? I have just tried again to download and install this, and now have ' Vous n'avez pas de telechargement' showing on this nasty Boonty screen, what the hell does that mean, why have UBI raped me of 10 for a useless piece of software?

I can see now why consoles are getting ever more popular to the detriment of PC games, the publishers are their own worst enemies!

I WANT MY MONEY BACK!!!

StG2_Schlachter
05-11-2006, 02:44 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ajpreto:

- download Boonty Box
- download Pe-2

Airam.

Point taken but UBI's fix will solve it for us average computer users right? Here's what my screen appeared like with Boonty "uninstalled." If you moved a dialogue box around it got worse. It was like this until Pe 2 was uninstalled and the registry was cleaned.
http://www.woodbuddies.com/PF/BoontyNightmare.jpg </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is this really related to Boonty? This looks more like a damaged graphic card.

han freak solo
05-11-2006, 03:14 PM
I'm with Canuck, too.

It's a simple thing really. Many of us don't have the time to screw around with something like this.

Installing a new Operating System is much, much easier than installing this Add-On.

WarWolfe_1
05-11-2006, 04:50 PM
Might just wait and be a beta tester for their fix. For average computer buffs like myself, I believe waiting is a good call in this situation.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

And I have been waiting, and waiting, and waiting.........

BillPosters
05-11-2006, 05:13 PM
... and the registry is finally cleaned (another forty dollars for a decent registry cleaner).

I know it doesn't help you much now Canuck, but just so no-one else has to pay perfectly good money for a simple registry cleaner...
RegCleaner (http://freeware4u.com/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=49)

Also if you kept the PE-2 install executable you should be able to install this without the need to bring BB anywhere within sight of your PC. Just make sure you replace the new 1Meg+ il2 and il2fb executables with the old 11K versions once you're done.

VV_Holdenb
05-11-2006, 05:16 PM
"For average computer buffs like myself, I believe waiting is a good call in this situation."

Well said. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

bird_brain
05-11-2006, 05:23 PM
I have always been the first one to run out and buy any IL2/FB/ACE/BOE/PF etc... add-on, but I too will wait for some good news on the DL & install process on this one.

For once I'm on Stiglar's side too. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/touche.gif

Old_Canuck
05-11-2006, 05:51 PM
Is this really related to Boonty? This looks more like a damaged graphic card.

The desktop was crystal clear before Boonty and came back to crystal clear after Boonty was cleaned out of the registry.

LEXX_Luthor
05-11-2006, 06:01 PM
I'm with Stiglr and bird_brain.

Maybe by 1946, UBI will will save money by not paying some 3rd Party company, and offer a simple download or Mail Order CD.

Xiolablu3
05-11-2006, 06:09 PM
OC I cant imagine how a piece of software could do that to your computer.

Like has been said before it looks like a faulty graphics card or some hardware problem. Changing the registry cannot do that as far as I know.

Of course I could be wrong and if someone has an explanation of how this could possibly happen, I would like to hear it. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Old_Canuck
05-11-2006, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by Xiolablu3:

Like has been said before it looks like a faulty graphics card or some hardware problem. Changing the registry cannot do that as far as I know.

Of course I could be wrong and if someone has an explanation of how this could possibly happen, I would like to hear it. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

If it is a coincidence, it's an extreme mystery how it timed itself right after the computer was boontified and went away right after de-boontifying the registry.

Old_Canuck
05-11-2006, 08:04 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Xiolablu3:

If it is a coincidence, it's an extreme mystery how it timed itself right after the computer was boontified and went away right after de-boontifying the registry. But then again, the software could have been stressing a card is almost at the end of its life. Time will tell but life is definitely better without boonty. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Old_Canuck
05-12-2006, 12:06 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Old_Canuck:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Xiolablu3:

If it is a coincidence, it's an extreme mystery how it timed itself right after the computer was boontified and went away right after de-boontifying the registry. But then again, the software could have been stressing a card is almost at the end of its life. Time will tell but life is definitely better without boonty.

Update: I almost started to believe it WAS a graphics card problem when the computer booted up this evening because those stripes were there again. Then the Reg cleaner found 3 problems and reboot .. presto chango clear as a bell again. Will hunt down the Boonty folder and delete it. If that does the trick, I'll write one more update then let this thread die because BoB is only a few months ahead .. who cares about Boonty now.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Old_Canuck
05-12-2006, 12:47 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Old_Canuck:

If it is a coincidence, it's an extreme mystery how it timed itself right after the computer was boontified and went away right after de-boontifying the registry. But then again, the software could have been stressing a card is almost at the end of its life. Time will tell but life is definitely better without boonty.

Update: I almost started to believe it WAS a graphics card problem when the computer booted up this evening because those stripes were there again. Then the Reg cleaner found 3 problems and reboot .. presto chango clear as a bell again. Will hunt down the Boonty folder and delete it. If that does the trick, I'll write one more update then let this thread die because BoB is only a few months ahead .. who cares about Boonty now.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is my last post on the topic. Just ran a benchmark test on the video card and definitely is at fault for the lines on the screen. Vid card is toast. It was a supreme coincidence that this happened at the same time as the problem with Boonty. Pe2 never got past the first opening screen so there's definitly probs. there too. My advice to anyone other than a power user .. don't do boonty.

joeap
05-12-2006, 01:59 AM
Dude that sucks...but nothing to do with Boonty, could that be the reason for the problems with the install of the Pe-2? Language question aside which is bad in of itself.

*Refrains from showing off bilingual ability, non je dis rien*

wintergoose
05-12-2006, 04:29 AM
I all agree with you 0ld_Canuck
I am waiting and waiting to get a oficial fix, I want to fly Pe-2

I have not uninstalled anyting just disabled the Booty Box, evrything else is as after I installed the Pe-2.
The instalation was in english no wrong or missing drectories or files. Everything is in rigt place.
I also yesterday installed the "Reabirth of Honor" on top of 4.05.
Everything works fine no problems, but if I trys to load a campain or a singelmission with the Pe-2 it crashes.
So to me it looks like it is a combination of the Boonty Box and the Pe-2 for I have not switched the IL2.exe files back to 4.04.

And the Booty Box always loads itselves from the IL2.exe files every time the IL2 (combained) is started.(I have disabled it)

DuxCorvan
05-12-2006, 05:17 AM
Hey, an UBI mod just entered the forums to apologize and say they're working on a solution.

This means we all can sleep safe and confident, knowing they are very concerned and working on it day and night.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/halo.gif

joeap
05-12-2006, 05:24 AM
Originally posted by wintergoose:
I all agree with you 0ld_Canuck
I am waiting and waiting to get a oficial fix, I want to fly Pe-2

I have not uninstalled anyting just disabled the Booty Box, evrything else is as after I installed the Pe-2.
The instalation was in english no wrong or missing drectories or files. Everything is in rigt place.
I also yesterday installed the "Reabirth of Honor" on top of 4.05.
Everything works fine no problems, but if I trys to load a campain or a singelmission with the Pe-2 it crashes.
So to me it looks like it is a combination of the Boonty Box and the Pe-2 for I have not switched the IL2.exe files back to 4.04.

And the Booty Box always loads itselves from the IL2.exe files every time the IL2 (combained) is started.(I have disabled it)

Wow, why do that just install the old 4.04 exes and everything will be fine? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Old_Canuck
05-12-2006, 09:31 AM
Like a lot of people in this forum, I am not a power user and I want UBI to fix this problem before I go further with IL2 series.

Ok I said the last post was my last but something happened today. Booted up and the same lines were on the screen. Yup new vid. card needed right? Cleaned the registry again. Rebooted - no problem. I had uninstalled Boonty days ago and searched for folders and deleted them all. After the reboot the screen was crystal clear again wtf <--- as a "born again" I say this rarely. I searched "Boonty" and there it is all over the place installing stuff etc. IL2 series is totally uninstalled now and it will be re-installed once I confirm that the vid card is ok. Actually, I was secrectly hoping it WAS the vid. card so it could upgraded for BoB. Here's all the Boonty %$$@$%$ that re-installed itself after it was "uninstalled."
http://www.woodbuddies.com/PF/boontybs.jpg

Yes I could follow the 100 easy steps that have been worked through by our power users but my point is this: not all of us have been blessed with such superior computer knowledge.

UBI you need to fix this. Public service announcements and apologies just won't cut it.

BBB_Hyperion
05-12-2006, 10:04 AM
How about let UBI force Boontybox to bring out an uninstaller that works ?

No normal PC user should be forced in this trouble.

BBB_Hyperion
05-12-2006, 10:17 AM
Oh maybe you dont want to wait for ubi here how you get rid of boonty

add/remove programs in control panel uninstall boontybox

go into services stop and disable boontybox service
(else it reinstalls)

--------
go into registry editor
regedit.exe (run)
(Make a backup before you change anything for your own safety)
(export complete registry)

Look under this folder key for boonty
(lists all programs on startup)
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Run
delete the boonty entry

Search registry for word "boonty" delete entries
-----
Delete "Program Files\Common Files\Boonty Shared" folder

Old_Canuck
05-12-2006, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by BBB_Hyperion:
Oh maybe you dont want to wait for ubi here how you get rid of boonty

add/remove programs in control panel uninstall boontybox

go into services stop and disable boontybox service
(else it reinstalls)

--------
go into registry editor
regedit.exe (run)
(Make a backup before you change anything for your own safety)
(export complete registry)

Look under this folder key for boonty
(lists all programs on startup)
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Run
delete the boonty entry

Search registry for word "boonty" delete entries
-----
Delete "Program Files\Common Files\Boonty Shared" folder

BBB_Hyperion S~ Thank you sir. Will print out these instructions. I exposed my lack of computer skills in hopes that others would see the problems and be warned. Hopefully some of the silent victims will see your advice here as well .. and YES Ubi should do the right thing and force Boonty to code an uninstaller for normal users.

AWL_Spinner
05-12-2006, 02:43 PM
OC - print off the instructions in Luthier's thread (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/23110283/m/9691071834) too - although there are seemingly a lot of them, it's not a particularly long or arduous process. Took me less than 30 minutes end to end, including download time and Boonty removal.

If you're not comfortable about some of the more technical clean up steps don't worry - the two simple operations of a) uninstalling Boonty through the Windows Control Panel and b) replacing the .exes with the 4.04m ones (in my signature, if you haven't them backed up) are all you really need follow unless you are a tinfoil-hatter like myself and want to purge all traces from your system!

Good luck http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

joeap
05-12-2006, 02:45 PM
It really is not that difficult folks. Boonty is not dangerous...some glitches with language and issues with the exe but not some dangerous malware or something.

Viper2005_
05-12-2006, 03:06 PM
Boonty wastes my precious free time. Boonty annoys me. I didn't ask for it. I don't want it. Therefore it is malware.

It takes some of the fun out of my gaming experience and I sincerely hope that I never have to deal with it again.

I don't want an apology from ubi. I want action so that when the next addon comes out I don't have to waste more of my precious free time on this nonsense.

Old_Canuck
05-12-2006, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by AWL_Spinner:
OC - print off the instructions in Luthier's thread (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/23110283/m/9691071834) too - although there are seemingly a lot of them, it's not a particularly long or arduous process. Took me less than 30 minutes end to end, including download time and Boonty removal.

If you're not comfortable about some of the more technical clean up steps don't worry - the two simple operations of a) uninstalling Boonty through the Windows Control Panel and b) replacing the .exes with the 4.04m ones (in my signature, if you haven't them backed up) are all you really need follow unless you are a tinfoil-hatter like myself and want to purge all traces from your system!

Good luck http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

TY .. will print out Luthier's as well.
Here's the routine now: boot up, run reg cleaner to get rid of artifacts, reboot, screen magically clears.

This one will not delete. Maybe Luthier's instructions will help.
http://www.woodbuddies.com/PF/NoDelete.jpg

justflyin
05-12-2006, 03:09 PM
Damn, OC. I hope that you get it straightened out soon.

onebox33
05-12-2006, 03:12 PM
i am simply not interested to install third part software...i ask only for a fly sim and i pay for this reason

Xiolablu3
05-12-2006, 04:31 PM

</div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is my last post on the topic. Just ran a benchmark test on the video card and definitely is at fault for the lines on the screen. Vid card is toast. It was a supreme coincidence that this happened at the same time as the problem with Boonty. Pe2 never got past the first opening screen so there's definitly probs. there too. My advice to anyone other than a power user .. don't do boonty. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Glad you found out what it was, sort of http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif A registry problem would be more like to give you error messages inside windows such as 'reg entry invalid' or something similar. Maybe blue STOP screens.

Even if boonty didnt do that, its just unecesary. I started by thinking it was simply a downloader like steam and people were over reacting. However, I am now starting to see what an annoyance it is.

I mean whats the damn point in it?

OC, I asked you before, maybe you didnt see it, or maybe you hate me or something http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/touche.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif but I was wondering what servers you play on, if any. I always like flying with members of the forum, its great fun. (most of the members of course)

Old_Canuck
05-12-2006, 05:24 PM
I lied .. still posting replies to well-meaning forumites.

TY justflyin, a computer tech. where I work (as a lowly grunt) has offered to help in return for a BBQ steak dinner :-) Could do with some of that m'self. He thinks it could be a service that got lodged in the registry and is constantly refreshing itself.

xiolablu3, can't say that I hate anyone in this forum. All the real trolls left shortly after Ivan started swinging his banhammer LOL. Some of those old trolls were unlikable IMAO. I hope to fly with the 99th. as soon as I get this mess sorted out. Will be trying to hook up in HL at 21:00 EST on Saturdays. On weeknights I've been having a bit of fun getting shot down on a Croatian server. That would be at 23:00 PST and later. Will be looking for you there.

Hawgdog
05-12-2006, 05:29 PM
Not on this forum, of course, but several others its been pointed out when you click "I agree" its done its thing.
I'm taking a long wait and see before I waste my time, I still see "I have a problem" posts here and elsewhere.

TOO BAD WE CANT GIVE OLEG THE MONEY DIRECTLY AND BYPASS YOUBEE....ER, BOONTYBOX

Old_Canuck
05-13-2006, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by Hawgdog:
I'm taking a long wait and see before I waste my time, I still see "I have a problem" posts here and elsewhere.

TOO BAD WE CANT GIVE OLEG THE MONEY DIRECTLY AND BYPASS YOUBEE....ER, BOONTYBOX

I hope more users find your post, Hawdog, and take your advice. Oh BTW, just send me the money and I'll make sure Oleg gets it http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

Meesah happy nowww. First time in days the computer booted up without lines and artifacts. The magic bullet was find "IL2FB.exe" files embeded in the registry. When they were deleted, problems solved. Kinda disappointed it wasn't the video card. Thinking of trading in the old Radeon 9800 for an Nvidia 7900 to get ready for BoB.

AWL_Spinner
05-13-2006, 01:20 AM
OC - your screenshot of the registry message was because a couple of Boonty keys are read only (goodness knows why).

If you right click on them and check the full control and read permission boxes on that key, you can then go ahead and delete them without issue.

Taylortony
05-13-2006, 07:12 AM
Not only as one person said Another wave of potential repeat customers bites the dust, but it also has a knock on for the next releases and will so split the community online.......... shame isnt it, I to will wait as is the host of this thread until they get their act together, and my money in my account not theirs..........

han freak solo
05-13-2006, 08:48 AM
I first downloaded the Boonty mess on the 1st of May. I downloaded the Pe-2 add-on a few days ago.

I was going to attempt to another install the Pe-2 add-on this weekend, but three days of PC problems related to Boonty just killed the wish to have this version of the Pe-2 add-on.

Status: Boonty uninstalled (I hope), Pe-2 occupying hard drive space but uninstalled.

Just add this to the pile of why I'm suffering computer burnout.

Since Boonty is the most invasive piece of software I've ever willingly let on my PC, I'll wait for any news of a re-issue of Pe-2 at this point.

The sun is shining and the weather's awesome. I think I'll go outside.

[PC off]

Hawgdog
05-13-2006, 08:53 AM
Sure seems like hyper lobby has been dead lately.
Not that many 4.05 servers, and less decent 4.04 servers

RIP

AWL_Spinner
05-13-2006, 08:56 AM
Oh I dunno. Winds of War on 4.05 seems pretty popular...

Be very interesting to see how the next addon is handled.

Xiolablu3
05-13-2006, 09:29 AM
Yeah, I actually bought 4.05 the other day becasue all the good servers had changed to 4.05.

All my fav servers are 4.05 now, UKD, Winds Of War and Warclouds.

Flew some good Pe2 covering fighter missions on WInds Of War last night. S! to FA_Pads, Eckhart and the others.

han freak solo
05-14-2006, 07:00 AM
Originally posted by han freak solo:
Status: Boonty uninstalled (I hope), Pe-2 occupying hard drive space but uninstalled.

Oops. After another look around my PC, the Boonty uninstall apparently wiped clean my 11 hour download of Pe-2.

Nice. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/disagree.gif