PDA

View Full Version : Digital Store

SSBN617
10-30-2007, 02:08 PM
Has anyone tried to download the game on the digital store yet? Or were they just advertising early download today to get the sell?

likesforests
10-30-2007, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by SSBN617:
Has anyone tried to download the game on the digital store yet? Or were they just advertising early download today to get the sell?

I've been trying... it's not available.

SSBN617
10-30-2007, 02:29 PM
It's great to see that on opening day, UBI has the mods watching the forums http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/disagree.gif

Kendoka82
10-30-2007, 02:38 PM
Yeah I'm pissed. I could be playing it right now if I bought it from EB!

winbbored
10-30-2007, 02:48 PM
Playing WHAT right now? The DS version? The PC version doesn't appear to be available anywhere at the moment.

KHollister
10-30-2007, 06:29 PM
Does anyone have the PC version yet? I'm still waiting for the stores in my area to receive it.

At least I have the patch, so I can update the game once I get it... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Arkansaw
10-30-2007, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by SSBN617:
It's great to see that on opening day, UBI has the mods watching the forums http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/disagree.gif

I should add...what a way to lose potential customers

winbbored
10-31-2007, 04:16 AM
Originally posted by Arkansaw:I should add...what a way to lose potential customers

Well, I'm going to cancel the order I placed with Amazon. It used to say "pre-order" with a release date of 10/30 but now it says the item "ships within 2 to 3 weeks". Huh?

The 10/30 date hasn't changed but I find the 2-3 week thing to be just plain weird.....between that and the (sort of inexplicable) release of a patch before the program even hits the shelves, I can't help but wonder if there aren't some other (perhaps serious) issues that need to be resolved. Either that or there must be some sort of SNAFU in production.

winbbored
10-31-2007, 04:42 AM
This is funny. Shortly after I wrote the above post, I checked my e-mail and, sure enough, there was a message from Amazon about my CM XI order. It stated that there was a "delay" and the estimated arrival date is now 11/16-11/21 (based upon earlier info, it SHOULD have shipped either yesterday or today). There's clearly some sort of problem that has yet to be disclosed to customers.

Arkansaw
10-31-2007, 06:33 AM
I'm just wildly speculating....but maybe some smart guy in marketing decided to push back the release date further in order to avoid HG:L, the crowd is quite huge today http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Kendoka82
10-31-2007, 07:09 AM
anyone how how to get a refund from the digital store? I want my money back.

Nichtigkeit
10-31-2007, 10:21 AM
I wan't my money back tooo, i've purchased from Digital Store and still nothing

Where did i ask for refund?

winbbored
10-31-2007, 10:25 AM
You should probably try the Support option through the store first. They should be able to issue a credit immediately since you haven't received the product (or anything for that matter). Personally, I'd give them a day to reply.

If that doesn't work (or you hear nothing), contact your credit card issuer. If you simply tell them they debited your card but you received nothing, they'll investigate and put the debit on hold (so you don't have to pay). Ultimately, they'll reverse the charge.

winbbored
10-31-2007, 10:45 AM
If you're in the U.S., merchants can (and do) hit your credit card for the full amount of the purchase immediately upon authorization. The only requirement is that they need to have a REASONABLE BELIEF that they will be able to ship you the product within 30 days. That is per FTC rule.

andrewaclt
10-31-2007, 11:04 AM
I talked to Ubi support and apparently the store has nothing to do with Ubi, but is run by a third party company. Is the only way to contact the store through some crappy ticketing system?

winbbored
10-31-2007, 11:33 AM
Yeah, it sure looks that way. I couldn't find any contact information beyond their ticketing system. However, their FAQ clearly states:

"Unless stated otherwise on the game information page, we will be happy to refund your pre-order. Please make sure you have read the game information carefully, some pre-orders cannot be refunded."

I can only presume that if you have not received something like an activation key, you shouldn't have a problem getting them to issue a refund. There's nothing on the CM XI order page indicating that the pre-order is not refundable.

andrewaclt
10-31-2007, 01:07 PM
Has anybody received a response yet? I have not...

Kendoka82
10-31-2007, 06:31 PM
I just put in my refund ticket. I'll let you know what happens.

tfreeman_407
11-01-2007, 12:36 AM
Before you know it you'll be playing your new download! You will go through a brief checkout process, then you will be able to immediately start downloading your new game from Ubisoft.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

andrewaclt
11-01-2007, 10:59 AM
The support on the digital store said they were "checking the game for issues" before releasing. They have yet to give a date though.

Andrew

likesforests
11-01-2007, 11:10 AM
It's strange that it's now on the shelves of some stores but they still won't let us download it or even provide an ETA.

Arkansaw
11-01-2007, 11:37 AM
Oh well, the support has responded to me too. Due to my location, I can only wait for the physical version

GOBIKNIGHT1981
11-01-2007, 12:35 PM
I bought this game on Oct/31 and it still says pre-order where it should say download. Can someone tell me what exactly is going on here like when the game is going to be released or a phone support number so I can find out how to get a refund or whatever...

likesforests
11-01-2007, 12:53 PM
Gobiknight, you can submit a refund ticket by clicking on My Account | Support | Contact Support. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I just canceled my order in exasperation... no product and no explanation.

GOBIKNIGHT1981
11-01-2007, 05:43 PM
submitted it and got no reply... Anyone know of a tech support phone line i hope they havent robbed me blind here.

SSBN617
11-01-2007, 06:04 PM
You're not robbed, they're probably doing something like mixing the patch into the digital release or similar. It does suck that they don't tell anyone what's up with it though.

GOBIKNIGHT1981
11-01-2007, 06:23 PM
ok.... well if someone actually starts to download it, make sure to post on this thread just so other people who also bought via digital download will be informed when to go and start downloading the game aswell. ubi's support is nil, absolutely terrible...

andrewaclt
11-01-2007, 10:36 PM
I was able to talk to support and was issued a refund through their ticketing system. Also, apparently the online store is not ubi but some other 3rd party company (that sucks badly).

likesforests
11-01-2007, 10:51 PM
I issued a refund within 6 hours of submitting a ticket, so no worries there.

tfreeman_407
11-03-2007, 08:50 PM
Still not there, huh? No one has succeeded right? I cancelled my pre-order yesterday (as instructed here, My Account --> Support --> Contact Support) and the refund went through. For the record, I cancelled more because there was no communication about this (when, maybe even why) than because of the delay (but that is a factor now since the shrink wrap is available in stores).

TravisNykaza
11-04-2007, 05:47 AM
Are there any official responses as to WHEN its going to be available...

Kendoka82
11-04-2007, 06:41 AM
So true freeman. I put in my refund b/c of being kept in the dark. Not b/c it's pushed back. Ubi doesn't care. Pissed off fanatics like us probably make up 0.00001% of their sales. They don't care about us.

TravisNykaza
11-04-2007, 05:34 PM
ANYONE KNOW WHEN THIS GAME WILL BE AVAILBLE FOR DOWNLOAD?!?!

Already... a couple days overdue and im a freaken new customer....

bad impression tbfh.