PDA

View Full Version : Stuka AI outwits me!

XyZspineZyX
08-16-2003, 01:20 PM
A bunch o` Stukas were attacking our AF. I drove behind one... lined up, they were nearly to their target, but he was at the back. Suddenly he turned and dived, completely dropped out of formation which I wasn`t expecting. I automatically dived after him, but I was going too fast- past him as he turned inverted. I had to abort my attack in my Lagg3 to avoid a stall and hitting the ground.
I recovered and angry I looked every where for him. By now there was a large furball with Stukas, 110s and laggs flying all over the Crimean water.

I saw the Stukas bomb the AF, then lost them in the low cloud. I was so sure I would get them at least after their bombing attack, but no. They must have dived low and ran cos I never saw them again.

To my surprise I never shot down ONE stuka! They`re acting more like the people I`ve met on the net in Stukas than AI
(Nice thing is gunners aren`t headshooters anymore, but still dangerous).

Ah well, just one more story.

"Tis better to work towards an Impossible Good, rather than a Possible Evil."

SeaFireLIV.

XyZspineZyX
08-16-2003, 01:20 PM
A bunch o` Stukas were attacking our AF. I drove behind one... lined up, they were nearly to their target, but he was at the back. Suddenly he turned and dived, completely dropped out of formation which I wasn`t expecting. I automatically dived after him, but I was going too fast- past him as he turned inverted. I had to abort my attack in my Lagg3 to avoid a stall and hitting the ground.
I recovered and angry I looked every where for him. By now there was a large furball with Stukas, 110s and laggs flying all over the Crimean water.

I saw the Stukas bomb the AF, then lost them in the low cloud. I was so sure I would get them at least after their bombing attack, but no. They must have dived low and ran cos I never saw them again.

To my surprise I never shot down ONE stuka! They`re acting more like the people I`ve met on the net in Stukas than AI
(Nice thing is gunners aren`t headshooters anymore, but still dangerous).

Ah well, just one more story.

"Tis better to work towards an Impossible Good, rather than a Possible Evil."

SeaFireLIV.

XyZspineZyX
08-16-2003, 01:23 PM
Well when youre in a plane that can outdive anything out there...why not?

:I get shot down so the enemy wont know that I am an ace.

XyZspineZyX
08-16-2003, 06:18 PM
I'd just like to say - one of my absolute favorite things in the game is diving down on PE-2s or Stukas while they're doing their dive-bomb run. Blowing off a Pe-2's engine in the middle of its dive, and watching the prop tumble away, the bombs coming off the racks at an awkward angle, the AI trying to straighten out of the dive with half power and a missing dive brake - just awesome.