PDA

View Full Version : silent hunter 3 not working....

quagmmar
01-16-2011, 10:52 AM
so I've just installed SH3 an when i launch it it goes to the loading screen for a split second and then the screen goes black.. and i try running it as administrator, running in compatibly mode but it does the exact same thing....so how do i fix this? (p.s my OS is windows 7 32-bit home premium)

Jose.MaC
01-16-2011, 06:35 PM
Did you try to set compatibility mode with Windows XP? It could work.

quagmmar
01-16-2011, 07:24 PM
like i said i already tried that

Mittelwaechter
01-17-2011, 04:06 AM
Hi quagmmar - welcome aboard.

Where did you install the game? Make sure to install not into the default directory but into C:\games\... - or whatever you like.

What version of the game do you have? Is it the original (old) DVD with StarForce protection? It doesn't work with Vista or Win7. You have to use the No-DVD-files as described in the upmost sticky post of this forum.

What system specs do you own? Whenever you ask for online help you'll have to provide proper information about your system (hardware + OS). We have no crystal ball to scry.
If you have an onboard graphics solution - you may run an office rig - it may be not capable to run the game at all.

quagmmar
01-17-2011, 05:21 PM
thanks for replying mittelwaechter.
I have version 1.4B and i do have the No-DVD files.Also i have got a RIP copy from my friend (copying his install files and putting them in my games folder (C:\games)

My OS is windows 7

my computer specs are: AMD Athlon 64 x2 dual-core processor 5000+
2048MB of system memory
500GB hard drive (have 399GB remaining)
NVIDIA GeForce 6150 SE (on-board graphics)
(the computer is a HP Pavilion Slimline s3300f)
i went to http://www.systemrequirementslab.com and it says that i have recommended specs for the game

Also i had the game working before but when i went to surface and went to the bridge the game became fuzzy and pixelated and when i went back inside the sub it was all fuzzy and pixelated too so i closed the game and went to my nvidia control panel and but all the settings to max and then the game started having the screen going black and stuff. and i put the settings back on my nvidia control panel and it still did that so hopefully this info will help you guys with my problem

willyvic
01-17-2011, 05:41 PM
I am sorry, we do not support "ripped" copies of the game. Further assistance will not be forthcoming.

WV