PDA

View Full Version : Why can't Desmond relive his ancestors memories once he has had a child?

x-sniper-siimon
08-28-2011, 07:29 AM
Why can't Desmond relive his ancestors memories once he has had a child?

waynedavies89
08-28-2011, 07:43 AM
In AC2 when you stay with Maria the bloodline moves forward to the next generation, think of the memories as a video recording that just keeps on playing and moving.

please not the memory we see in AC2 might not belong to Altair, but the start of his sons genetic memory

In Revelations though if we get to play Altair as an old man, that because Altair put the particular memory onto into the seal.

i hope this help in some way http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

LightRey
08-28-2011, 07:49 AM
Actually, Desmond can see a specific ancestor's memories as long as at least one of that ancestor's children that is also an ancestor of Desmond has yet to be conceived. This is simply because Alta´r has to pass on his genetic memory down to his children and they to their children etc. all the way to Desmond.

waynedavies89
08-28-2011, 07:54 AM
If that be the case fair enough, but we still dont full understand how it works.
lol hell most thought Ezio was a descendant of Altair for a long timehttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Again, it might not even be Altair's memory

Jexx21
08-28-2011, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by waynedavies89:
If that be the case fair enough, but we still dont full understand how it works.
lol hell most thought Ezio was a descendant of Altair for a long timehttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Again, it might not even be Altair's memory

ACtually, we do know how it works. And LightRey stated it accurately.

waynedavies89
08-28-2011, 08:47 AM
ye reading the memories imbedded inside your DNA, the Animus was created using the same tech as the seals

but i mean thing like the full extent of the bleeding effect, etc...

Jexx21
08-28-2011, 08:56 AM
ye reading the memories imbedded inside your DNA, the Animus was created using the same tech as the seals

but i mean thing like the full extent of the bleeding effect, etc...

There is no proof that the Animus uses the same technology as the seals.

waynedavies89
08-28-2011, 09:07 AM
The animus is basically a reverse engineered seal
instead of hold memories its extracts

A small amount of common sense and a bit of connect the dots show there a link between the 2

ShaneO7K
08-28-2011, 11:15 AM

A small amount of common sense and a bit of connect the dots show there a link between the 2

Seals are a less important piece of tech used by TWCB to archive their memories.

The animus was made by Abstergo scientists as far as I know. It has limits to what it can actually see where as the seals don't.

There is a difference between the two.

naran6142
08-28-2011, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by dead_gunner187:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by waynedavies89:

Seals are a less important piece of tech used by TWCB to archive their memories.

The animus was made by Abstergo scientists as far as I know. It has limits to what it can actually see where as the seals don't.

There is a difference between the two. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well we know that they both have something to do with memories and that abstergo knows about the pieces of eden and probably has a few in their possession.
so im agreeing with the idea that the animus is reverse engineered first civ tech

but an actual connection has yet to be revealed

Calvarok
08-28-2011, 02:13 PM
The seals can't see things after conceptions because they're BETTER, they're just recorded in a different way than genetic memory, and can be used to record at any time in the subject's life.

CRUDFACE
08-28-2011, 02:29 PM
Desmond having kids will in no way effect what he can see in the animus. He'll simply pass on the genetic memory including his own to his son/daughter at the moment of conception. But the seals feel more like, IDK, a mental thing over a genetic thing. They didn't encode the thing with his dna and they even say that using them has to do with using eagle vision/sense.

Originally posted by Calvarok:
The seals can't see things after conceptions because they're BETTER, they're just recorded in a different way than genetic memory, and can be used to record at any time in the subject's life.

Don't you mean are better?

Calvarok
08-28-2011, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by t260z:
Desmond having kids will in no way effect what he can see in the animus. He'll simply pass on the genetic memory including his own to his son/daughter at the moment of conception. But the seals feel more like, IDK, a mental thing over a genetic thing. They didn't encode the thing with his dna and they even say that using them has to do with using eagle vision/sense.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Calvarok:

Don't you mean are better? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's not better, it's just a different method of reliving memories.

It has limitations: for example, you can only see the specific memory the subject had, even if it ends before they'd had a child. With an animus, you can explore that entire breadth of time.

ShaneO7K
08-28-2011, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Calvarok:

That's not better, it's just a different method of reliving memories.

It has limitations: for example, you can only see the specific memory the subject had, even if it ends before they'd had a child. With an animus, you can explore that entire breadth of time.

I agree to an extent. Though the animus can show much more long term memories, sometimes the case could be that most of that memory has useless information and the major events in the anscestors life could've happened after having a child.

Whereas with the seals the holder can pick a memory of their choosing which is much more efficient and less time consuming. So all the major memories can be held in a collection.

Also sometimes the subject can have errors in synchronizing with the memories and as far as we know at this point the seals don't do that.

Saqaliba
08-28-2011, 07:29 PM
The reason the memory stops with Altair's child, is because that baby is the ancestor of Desmond also. Thus, any memories that Altair has after the conception of this child, can no longer be passed on because, the child is the key to those memories. If Altair has any memories after the child's conception then the child's DNA cannot store it. It can only have encoded in its DNA those memories his father had up to the moment of conception.

For example. We know that this child must be Darim. So Darim is Desmonds ancestor leading eventually to Desmonds mother. If however, Desmond was related to Sef, then Desmond would be able to see the memories of Altair leading up to Sef. His memories flow like a snake through the paths of conception that lead up to his own life. He will be able to relive memories of his own mother and father up to the point of his own conception, but not those beyond.

There is no proof that the Animus uses the same technology as the seals.

Actually, it has been mentioned in a few interviews that the seals are directly related to the animus and thus they are the keys to Desmond's escape from the animus.

My guess is that the keys/disks are the very technology that the Templars used to build the animus and they learned that if memories can be imprinted then a little reverse engineering can allow them also to extract memories. Now we know that Ezio is searching after five disks... but my guess is there is actually six (possibly even seven - i.e seals of Revelations). Desmond was even told by Juno to 'find the sixth' at the end of ACB and Subject 16 told him to 'find eve'... this could be a person who has a key memory stemming from MRCA (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitochondrial_Eve), and maybe that is his ticket out of the animus - But more importantly...

Based on what has just been said, it would be almost impossible for anyone to have a memory that leads back to the first civilisation, since it keeps getting shifted at the point of conception in each generation. However, if you could find a person who is directly related to the MRCA (Eve) then it would be possible to trace the memory back to Eve - and thus the First Civilization.

Saqaliba
08-28-2011, 08:07 PM
Here is how the disks would work. If I impress DNA onto the disks (through blood?) then the disks will store every DNA memory I have in my DNA at the time of the pressing. If Altair did this then those memories are accessible to ANYONE who wants to extract them including Ezio and the Templars.

In the same manner - when that technology is used in the Animus, the subject places impresses their DNA onto the disc only the ancestral blood taken from the time they submit their DNA and backwards is extracted.

So the disk Ezio tracks down have Altair's DNA on them - just like the Templars can watch Desmonds DNA through the Animus. In each case, memory's can be extracted by a first party and a third party. But the DNA subject must be present in each case (either in body or as a sample of blood) and in both cases the Point of Conception is still a limitation to the point of mneumonic extraction. DNA cannot tell you what will happen in the future of each subject. It records the past.
KOSHER?

LightRey
08-29-2011, 04:03 AM
I'm pretty sure Alex Amancio explained that the seals are 6th sense recording devices.
I wouldn't be surprised if they used the DNA of the one recording to store the memories, but they are definitely different in the sense that they don't require any descendants of the one recording to pass on the memories.