PDA

View Full Version : Sorry if I don't hate what everybody hates

XyZspineZyX
08-02-2003, 04:26 AM
I must be the only one enjoying campaigns around here /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

All I can read is "my wingmen suck", "my plane autocrashes", "ennemy AI is too high", "enny AI is too low", "missions are boring", "flying distances are too big", etc, etc, etc.

Oh well, I must admit that my wingmen could be smarter, that I would like to accelerate some loooong flights, that some missions are very much alike. But well, I'm not sure that every sortie was a stand-alone event back in 1942... I guess pilots did fly identical missions, and I guess they never had the chance to waste 500 ennemies like I did /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Besides, no game on the market offers the opportunity to build a pilot's career with its ranks and medals, enjoying scenaries and seasons all over the war, on a quite solid historical basis.

Let's face it : the campaign mode has a lot of imperfections, but it's here and it's still fun. What would you do without it (but play online) ? Build your own missions on FMB and pretend you don't know what's going to happen ? I would hate knowing ennemy locations and details by the time I take off...

Believe it or not, campaigns give me the feeling I'm actually there !

XyZspineZyX
08-02-2003, 04:26 AM
I must be the only one enjoying campaigns around here /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

All I can read is "my wingmen suck", "my plane autocrashes", "ennemy AI is too high", "enny AI is too low", "missions are boring", "flying distances are too big", etc, etc, etc.

Oh well, I must admit that my wingmen could be smarter, that I would like to accelerate some loooong flights, that some missions are very much alike. But well, I'm not sure that every sortie was a stand-alone event back in 1942... I guess pilots did fly identical missions, and I guess they never had the chance to waste 500 ennemies like I did /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Besides, no game on the market offers the opportunity to build a pilot's career with its ranks and medals, enjoying scenaries and seasons all over the war, on a quite solid historical basis.

Let's face it : the campaign mode has a lot of imperfections, but it's here and it's still fun. What would you do without it (but play online) ? Build your own missions on FMB and pretend you don't know what's going to happen ? I would hate knowing ennemy locations and details by the time I take off...

Believe it or not, campaigns give me the feeling I'm actually there !

XyZspineZyX
08-02-2003, 04:43 AM
Here,here.../i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

XyZspineZyX
08-02-2003, 04:45 AM
Glad to meet another serious offline pilot /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

---------------------------------------
http://www.world-data-systems.com/aerofiles/albums/userpics/109K.jpg

I STILL love my 109!

XyZspineZyX
08-02-2003, 05:51 AM
I've never really been a serious campaign pilot before FB. I tried it w/ CFS1 &2 and was disappointed. Even IL2 was frustrating. I have been enjoying the FB campaign very much. From what I've read about day to day operations (Attack of the Airocobras) of the VVS the campaigns seem pretty realistic in their scope and goals. Being an avid online pilot myself it's still nice to do something besides spawn-shoot-spawn every once and a while. As far as the AI,I find it amazing that they're as smart as they are.

<center> http://www.4yourfuture.net/handshake.gif

"Altitude, speed, maneuver, fire!"-The "formula of Terror" of Aleksandr Pokryshkin, Three times awarded the rank of Hero of the Soviet Union

XyZspineZyX
08-02-2003, 06:18 AM
I love the campaigns, especially ones that I have edited/customized myself. I can't wait until the patch comes, it will have numerous bug fixes and add additional features. Tracking of ground kills will be awesome. I fly the 190 all the time now and I can't wait to start an F-8 campaign and do some serious ground pounding where I can actually keep track of my kills.

<center>
http://www.brooksart.com/Icewarriors.jpg

"Ice Warriors", by Nicolas Trudgian.

XyZspineZyX
08-02-2003, 06:22 AM
There are alot of us who enjoy campaigns. I guess we don't get bored like the masses../i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Da Buzz
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<center>
Gunther Rall

<center>
http://www.elknet.pl/acestory/foto/rall4.jpg

XyZspineZyX
08-02-2003, 07:10 AM
kvestion wrote:
-
- Besides, no game on the market offers the
- opportunity to build a pilot's career with its ranks
- and medals, enjoying scenaries and seasons all over
- the war, on a quite solid historical basis.
-
- Let's face it : the campaign mode has a lot of
- imperfections, but it's here and it's still fun.
- What would you do without it (but play online) ?

Ya no game including fb can offer this Ive tryed & tryed to get my campighn to work Ive posted in several rooms including orr & the tech suport room, still none have an answer to make it work, Id love to try it but Im relagated too coops & online flight since the dam game wont work !!!!

/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

<center><FONT COLOR="white">ӚFJ-M œ R D ˜ ӡ[/i]</font>

<center> http://www.onpoi.net/ah/pics/users/ah_109_1059752328.jpg </center>

<center><FONT COLOR="black">
I am He who lives, and was dead
and behold
I am alive forevermore.
I am the Alpha and the Omega
the Begining and the End.[/i]</font>

XyZspineZyX
08-02-2003, 07:18 AM
Murdoc,

You have a pretty weird problem. Have you tried a fresh install of FB?

Da Buzz
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<center>
Gunther Rall

<center>
http://www.elknet.pl/acestory/foto/rall4.jpg

XyZspineZyX
08-02-2003, 07:28 AM
negative

Im considering turning all settings to low or lowest In vidcard & setups

& then testing it, I get the same blue screen when I Take any screen shot using printscreen key

Im now using fraps works great....

IMO uninstalling FB would be a waste of time since everything else works just fine ?

that will be the last resort tho

<center><FONT COLOR="white">ӚFJ-M œ R D ˜ ӡ[/i]</font>

<center> http://www.onpoi.net/ah/pics/users/ah_109_1059752328.jpg </center>

<center><FONT COLOR="black">
I am He who lives, and was dead
and behold
I am alive forevermore.
I am the Alpha and the Omega
the Begining and the End.[/i]</font>

XyZspineZyX
08-02-2003, 07:31 AM
Yeah, I've never heard of that Murdoc. Do quick missions or single missions work?

I know I'll start a 190F (my favorite plane, but you never see it online) campaign after the patch. Tried it when I first got FB but it only sent me on regular fighter missions. If there were a good U.S. P-47 campaign I would fly that too. I learned a lot flying the old IL2 Bf109 and Sturmovik campaigns.

XyZspineZyX
08-02-2003, 08:55 AM
Locust, that is a strange problem indeed, did you edit any of your campaigns or any other files. I would really try a fresh install and just backup any files that you want to keep (skin folder for example).

Xenios, you have good taste. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif I know one of the campaign fixes will be that the F-8 will do ground pounding missions now. In fact I think there will be a new feature (by editing a file) that will easily let you select what type of missions your sent on before you start the campaign. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

I know this thread is about offline, but my dream would be to join a squad of dedicated fighter/bomber pilots (maybe 6 or 8 of us) and to fly missions together against the computer in a dynamic campaign. That would be sweet.

<center>
http://www.brooksart.com/Icewarriors.jpg

"Ice Warriors", by Nicolas Trudgian.

XyZspineZyX
08-02-2003, 09:47 AM
Locust,

Your problem sounds very odd. I've never heard on anyone else with the same difficulty. It sounds like a glitch on your particular machine rather than a general bug in the game, so I doubt if the patch will fix it.

A reinstall is definitely called for and can be done very quickly. Just copy your painstschemes, missions and records files into another directory, uninstall FB, re-install and then copy the paintschemes etc back. I had to do this on Thursday because I thought the game had become corrupted (in fact, the 07 patch had just time expired). It took me about 20 minutes start to finish.

Incidentally, the screencapture thing is a known bug with some brands of card (ATi, IIRC). FRAPS is just fine until it gets fixed.

Regards,

RocketDog.