PDA

View Full Version : i dont understand

Deton_van_Zan
10-01-2010, 07:12 PM
the online rank system is not fair, i understand they put the level thingy to help noobs not get put up vs a pro. but its not fair that once you get to upper level and your the only there . what then... for example. in ps3 2v2 rank, im the only one in bronze league at lvl 34 , and no1 else. am i supposed to wait to someone gets to bronze in order to play.. theres times i can wait hours . and still no game, its not fair they should fix that...

InfiniteStates
10-01-2010, 07:15 PM
I don't understand either, because I am rank 35-odd in 1v1 and get matched against level 15s all the way up to level 50s.

Maybe it's just a sign that the 2v2 ranked truly is dying due to the risk of getting partnered with a total idiot...?

Deton_van_Zan
10-01-2010, 07:18 PM
thats cowpoo ... lol !!! i know what you mean, and the system they got to protect the newbs are hurts the better players. i am waitin for a 2v2 right now .. and its 1/4 and i been waitin for more then 40mins this is nuts

InfiniteStates
10-01-2010, 07:22 PM
My point is I don't think you're a victim of the match making. It seems to be quite good at opening up the rank restrictions to find a game (although it may end up pretty one sided).

I think your problem is that no-one is playing ranked 2v2. If you go to unranked 2v2 you have next to no problem finding a game...

Axe99
10-02-2010, 02:32 AM
Aye - in 1v1 ranked I've been matched all the way from level 47 (Deton Van Zan - he's rather good http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif) to level 8 (poor gamer - kinda felt sorry for him, and didn't go too hard, but he never stood a chance).

The issue is that it's making sure people get games rather than sit around if there's no-one of the same rank there - but that there are very few people playing ranked 2v2 (if I'm on at the same time as mates, we'd all rather play together - so we play unranked - if we're going to play ranked, we'll hit 1v1, as at least that way we don't need to worry about getting teamed up with someone who's not all there).

Deton_van_Zan
10-02-2010, 08:53 PM
thats cowpoo again LOL, it shouldnt have been once u get to a certain level. its should have been you can vs anyone 10 level above you and 10 level under you, i also 1v1 rank, and the top 7 is really goin hard at it. that when i go search i always end up playing 1 of them that it got me tired of the 1v1, i mean some game i want a easy win lol , but i been winning and losein to the top 7, if u think about it there is only like 10 of us that pass silver and i cant believe how when the number get to gold first how was he finding a game. so people got to stop playin custom and play more rank. i mean what does the custom lvl mean. compare to a leaderboard where people can see. i dont understand that about this game. first game i seen, most players rather custom then rank in any game, game type. its CRAZY lol need to spread the word , as for the excuse, i dont want someone i dont know or end up with a newb, i mean how am i doing it?? dont give up and never say never, i won games 2v1 no joke

Axe99
10-02-2010, 10:09 PM
I wouldn't worry about what the ranks 'mean' per se Deton - I mean, even the ranked games reward frequency as well as skill (I've got more points in some losing games as I have in some winning games where I've been 'shut down' early, but have managed to scrape by with a minor victory).

And as for people preferring to play with their friends, that's a personal preference that's quite reasonable! I'd much rather have fun with a mate than grind up a leaderboard with a random who may often doesn't even have a mic. Sure, it's possible to play 2v2 with randoms and win, but I have more fun losing playing with a mate than winning playing with a random, generally.