PDA

View Full Version : Abstergo Dossiers / Discussion [Multiplayer Spoilers]

Steww-
11-28-2011, 01:55 PM
The 9 multiplayer videos are already up on Youtube.
Edit: http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Abstergo_files
Dossiers are there. If for some reason someone wants a zip file of them, minus pictures, just pm me.
This forum could do with spoiler tags btw :/

Anyway, there's a few interesting things that haven't received quite as much attention as the fact Daniel is a member of the inner sanctum.

For example - and I've never believed that the group had a mole - in the Prj_Animus file the Templars have a picture of the Animus 2.0. There's also a part in Prj_Subjects supporting this theory.

"Subject 17 is a perfect example. We have determined- from Animus research as well as data provided by one of our moles- that at least two of his ancestors lived to become Mentors of the Assassin Brotherhood."

How many people know that Desmond went through the life of Ezio?

Another interesting thing, at least for me since I didn't realize it, was the fact they confirmed Consus (from Project Legacy) was a member of TWCB. If he could interact with Giovanni because of the Shroud... Well it opens up some possibilities.

Any thoughts?

erudit0
11-28-2011, 03:47 PM
Does this mean the mole may be either Shaun, Rebecca or Lucy?

Krayus Korianis
11-28-2011, 04:17 PM
For all we know it could be taking the familiar plot from AC... William, Desmond's father could be a secret Templar.

jeremytwoface
11-29-2011, 12:37 PM
I've been kind of thinking about the whole "mole" thing...

I'm thinking maybe it could have been Lucy. She was working for Abstergo for how long? She could be a sleeper agent like Cross. She would have known all of that information, right?

It would justify Juno having her killed as well...

erudit0
11-29-2011, 01:42 PM
But how could Lucy know their current location being dead? My money is on Shaun. He was "kidnapped" by Abstergo before joining the assassins.

twenty_glyphs
11-29-2011, 04:09 PM
The dossiers and videos are all up on the wiki now:

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Abstergo_files

*** MULTIPLAYER DOSSIER SPOILERS AND SPECULATION ***

Very interesting that they say this about Daniel Cross:

However, Subject 4 is much more than a man who happened to have Assassin ancestors. He became a Sleeper, and our second most successful undercover operative to date.

"Second most successful undercover operative"... So someone else was their most successful undercover operative, probably a Sleeper as described in another dossier:

Among our deep cover operatives is a small group of Sleepers. These men and women have given their lives to serve our cause and they are our fiercest and most dedicated agents. By willingly subjecting themselves to various thought repression and reform techniques, these individuals live falsified lives and no longer realize they are working for us.

Lucy? Shaun? Rebecca? William Miles?

It's also interesting that Abstergo already has the Akashic Satellite Plexus in space already, but the Eye-Abstergo satellite set to launch on 12/21 will be the cornerstone of that satellite network. They make it sound like the Eye will be used to find people and may even be able to awaken the Sixth Sense in humans. I'm really thinking that the climax of the plot will be activating whatever will save the world from the solar flare and maybe putting Ezio/Desmond's Apple that was altered by Minerva into the Eye-Abstergo satellite. Juno said 12/21 will be the moment of awakening ("on the 72nd day before the moment of awakening), so imagine the Abstergo satellite actually being used to unlock the Sixth Sense in humanity.

I also think this sheds some light on some of the glyphs -- the pentagram likely relates to the Akashic Satellite Plexus. The Wikipedia entry for Akasha mentions this: "The upward point of the pentacle, the pentagram or five pointed star within a circle, represents Akasha. The others represent Fire, Earth, Air and Water.". Also the Eye of Providence is likely a reference to the Eye-Abstergo satellite. The apple above the triangle filled with circles glyph is likely the Eye satellite with the Apple controlling the other satellites.

Lastly, Juno showed Desmond the Eye of Providence and Liberty Cap, both of which appear on the Declaration of the Rights of Man and hint at the French Revolution. I could see those also representing that the Eye satellite also goes along with freedom, which the Templars do not intend for it.

mustash
11-29-2011, 04:52 PM
I think it's interesting to note that Abtergo file 20 confirms that Those Who Came Before are in fact, native to Earth. There has been plenty of speculation as to whether or not they are aliens so it's good that this was cleared up/confirmed that they are not.

souNdwAve89
11-29-2011, 06:12 PM
The folks behind the game were interviewed by Game Informer during the announcement of ACR. They said so themselves that the First Civilization are not aliens. After all, they merely "came before" but just very advanced. I don't see how people speculated that they were aliens. In AC2, we got information that they did come from this planet and were responsible in speeding up human evolution .This relates to real life since some people have a theory that people in the past were advanced (I.E. Atlantis).

Steww-
11-30-2011, 04:19 AM
Originally posted by twenty_glyphs:
The dossiers and videos are all up on the wiki now:

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Abstergo_files

Thanks. I wasn't sure how long it was going to get them up, so I decided just to type them up.

so imagine the Abstergo satellite actually being used to unlock the Sixth Sense in humanity.
When I was reading through the dossiers, something like this did cross my mind. I couldn't think exactly how to put it, but the link to Juno is a good point.

The rest of your post is very interesting as well.

jeremytwoface
11-30-2011, 06:26 AM
But how could Lucy know their current location being dead? My money is on Shaun. He was "kidnapped" by Abstergo before joining the assassins.

Tracking device on the van? Injecting Desmond, Shaun or Rebecca with a tracking device of some sort?

It's possible... I'm not saying I WANT Lucy to be a traitor. Just saying that it's possible. She worked for Abstergo for a while and could have been "brainwashed" like Cross was.. and it would justify her death.

Also, didn't 16 say something like "she's not who you think she is"?

Who else would he be talking about?

jeremytwoface
11-30-2011, 06:49 AM
Very interesting that they say this about Daniel Cross:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">However, Subject 4 is much more than a man who happened to have Assassin ancestors. He became a Sleeper, and our second most successful undercover operative to date.

"Second most successful undercover operative"... So someone else was their most successful undercover operative, probably a Sleeper as described in another dossier:

Among our deep cover operatives is a small group of Sleepers. These men and women have given their lives to serve our cause and they are our fiercest and most dedicated agents. By willingly subjecting themselves to various thought repression and reform techniques, these individuals live falsified lives and no longer realize they are working for us.

Lucy? Shaun? Rebecca? William Miles? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nice catch with that.. yeah there's definitely another mole somewhere. But you think if it's "The most successfull undercover operative", it would be someone a little more important than Shaun, Rebecca or Lucy. Right? I mean I know they are important to US, but as far as overall importance in the ranks of Assassins, they are not.

William would be my logical guess if it's one of the people you mentioned.. Although, with the multiplayer videos, it looks like Abstergo is going to hunt William down. So I'm really not sure. Maybe they are talking about someone earlier in history?

It's also interesting that Abstergo already has the Akashic Satellite Plexus in space already, but the Eye-Abstergo satellite set to launch on 12/21 will be the cornerstone of that satellite network. They make it sound like the Eye will be used to find people and may even be able to awaken the Sixth Sense in humans. I'm really thinking that the climax of the plot will be activating whatever will save the world from the solar flare and maybe putting Ezio/Desmond's Apple that was altered by Minerva into the Eye-Abstergo satellite. Juno said 12/21 will be the moment of awakening ("on the 72nd day before the moment of awakening), so imagine the Abstergo satellite actually being used to unlock the Sixth Sense in humanity.

I also think this sheds some light on some of the glyphs -- the pentagram likely relates to the Akashic Satellite Plexus. The Wikipedia entry for Akasha mentions this: "The upward point of the pentacle, the pentagram or five pointed star within a circle, represents Akasha. The others represent Fire, Earth, Air and Water.". Also the Eye of Providence is likely a reference to the Eye-Abstergo satellite. The apple above the triangle filled with circles glyph is likely the Eye satellite with the Apple controlling the other satellites.

Lastly, Juno showed Desmond the Eye of Providence and Liberty Cap, both of which appear on the Declaration of the Rights of Man and hint at the French Revolution. I could see those also representing that the Eye satellite also goes along with freedom, which the Templars do not intend for it.

I like this a lot...

erudit0
11-30-2011, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by jeremytwoface:
Tracking device on the van? Injecting Desmond, Shaun or Rebecca with a tracking device of some sort?

It's possible... I'm not saying I WANT Lucy to be a traitor. Just saying that it's possible. She worked for Abstergo for a while and could have been "brainwashed" like Cross was.. and it would justify her death.

Valid points. Everything is a possibility right now. 16 may have referred to either Juno, or now that I think of it, Rebecca. Everywhere there's information on her it says that little is known about her past life, etc. I don't think Desmond has a tracking device, it could happen, but I think we started playing AC1 just as Desmond was taken hostage at Abstergo. I also don't think William M. is a sleeper or works for Abstergo, if that is so, why is Abstergo looking for him? To get him just like Daniel Cross? Maybe, but it would just be too much if Desmond also had to face his own father after coming to terms with himself on leaving his own parents.

erudit0
11-30-2011, 11:17 AM
Question: why would Abstergo want to awaken the sixth on humanity. Aren't templars all about control? How will they achieve control if humanity gets its sixth sense?

twenty_glyphs
11-30-2011, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by erudit0:
Question: why would Abstergo want to awaken the sixth on humanity. Aren't templars all about control? How will they achieve control if humanity gets its sixth sense?

Good question. I don't know the answer either, but I could see the Sixth Sense being unlocked in many people against Abstergo's plans. Maybe they just want to awaken it in certain people, like themselves. Or maybe their talk about it in the dossiers is to make the recruits feel like they're part of a worthy cause when they have no intention of unlocking it in most people.

I think Rebecca or Shaun could be the Sleeper who's the most successful one in Abstergo's history even though those two themselves aren't that important. They're both with Desmond and William Miles, so that right there gives them huge access. They're seeing everything Desmond discovers in his genetic memory and the messages from the First Civilization (other than Juno and Jupiter's, which it appears only Desmond ever saw). We also saw in Brotherhood's emails that Shaun has access to all kinds of logistical information on the whereabouts of other Assassin teams.

jeremytwoface
11-30-2011, 12:04 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jeremytwoface:

Valid points. Everything is a possibility right now. 16 may have referred to either Juno, or now that I think of it, Rebecca. Everywhere there's information on her it says that little is known about her past life, etc. I don't think Desmond has a tracking device, it could happen, but I think we started playing AC1 just as Desmond was taken hostage at Abstergo. I also don't think William M. is a sleeper or works for Abstergo, if that is so, why is Abstergo looking for him? To get him just like Daniel Cross? Maybe, but it would just be too much if Desmond also had to face his own father after coming to terms with himself on leaving his own parents. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah I really don't think it would be William either, I was just saying that if 16 is the "second best" sleeper agent, and if the "best" sleeper agent is still active, it would almost have to be William just because he is the leader. What's better than going undercover and killing the leader? Going undercover and secretly becoming the leader.

Like you said (and I said previously), I don't think this is the case because it looks as though Abstergo is trying to kill William after they find his location.

As far as tracking desmond, wasn't there a point where he had to get an IV when he was hooked into Animus 2.0? He could have been injected with something then... I dunno.

I feel like I'm being really cynical haha... I'm not trying to be complicated. I actually really doubt that anything I'm saying is true at all. Just going through the possible answers... It's probably more likely that the mole is someone that we will never know.

zerocooll21
12-02-2011, 06:42 AM
@Twenty-Glyphs Good stuff man, Very plausible http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

goclo822
12-02-2011, 02:41 PM
As much as I hate to admit it, I think Lucy may be a sleeper. She worked for Abstergo for so long, seemed to have put all her trust in Vidic and was able to get close enough to Desmond to get all his information. She was also pretty high up in the Abstergo ranks. As one of those files said, many people working for Abstergo don't even know that The Templars exist and few are given the privileges that Lucy had. Plus she was somehow able to get a bunch of info from Abstergo after going into hiding, she disappeared for like 2 sequences in Brotherhood and after Juno had Desmond kill her, she told him that it was done and only the cross was in his way which would line up with the idea that Lucy and Daniel are the 2 best sleeper agents which is why Juno wants to get rid of them both.

I really do hate to admit it and I hope it's someone else but it just makes the most sense. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

However I'm thinking that if she is, she didn't become one willingly. She already had all the trust from the Assassin's, it almost seemed as if she was 2nd in command next to William and then remember when Rebecca and Shaun were introduced, they mentioned that it had been 7 long years since they last saw her. I think she may have started out an Assassin but was later taken by the Templars or forced to join them by the Assassin's for information, got in too deep and was turned into a sleeper without anybodies knowledge.

erudit0
12-02-2011, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by go_clo:
they mentioned that it had been 7 long years since they last saw her. I think she may have started out an Assassin but was later taken by the Templars or forced to join them by the Assassin's for information

I think I read somewhere that she joined Abstergo unwillingly. However, how do the templars know William M's location if Lucy is to be the sleeper agent and she is now dead? The last thing she knew (if she is really dead) is that they were in Rome. Now they are supposed to be somewhere in NY state and Lucy is not with them...

zerocooll21
12-02-2011, 06:35 PM
Has there ever been any conformation that the MP storyline is going on at the same time as the SP?? It could just be the animations but I felt like the face they showed of William M at the ed of the MP looked younger than in SP.

twenty_glyphs
12-02-2011, 08:41 PM
Lucy joined Abstergo willingly. She said in AC1 that her work at school was considered pseudo-science and that she really had nowhere to get a job in that field but at Abstergo, where she was able to use what she was already researching to help out on the Animus Project. The Encyclopedia says that her field of study was purposefully chosen to draw the attention of Dr. Warren Vidic, as part of an undercover Assassin operation. At some point she basically became a prisoner of Abstergo and wasn't allowed to leave, at least if you believe her story from the first game. That may have been after some men came to terminate her and Dr. Vidic called them off, saving her life. I'm sure at any time Lucy could have been "programmed" to be a Sleeper, maybe even the incident where she thinks Vidic saved her life, which could even be a fake memory. Shaun also may have been in Abstergo's captivity for longer than we know before Rebecca rescued him.

The biggest clue was probably dropped in The Da Vinci Disappearance DLC. In the version where you play the first memory of that sequence before beating the game, Desmond gets an email from "W.M." in the Animus talking about exploring Ezio's 1506 memories. When you finish that sequence before the end of the game, you get another email from "W.M." asking Desmond not to talk about any of those memories with Lucy or Shaun because their security depended on it. William also doesn't seem too shaken up by Lucy's death in Revelations, and some of his emails to her in Brotherhood make it sound like maybe she's contacting him and trying to stall the plan to get the Apple from Juno's vault or something.

No I don't think we're sure of the timeline of the multiplayer story compared to the singleplayer. But they do have all those files on Desmond and already call him Subject 17, so it may be in the same timeframe as Desmond's story. They mention Project Legacy being on hold, which is happening right now in the real 2011. If that's in the same timeframe as the main story, I guess don't expect any Project Legacy updates until October or November of 2012...

zerocooll21
12-03-2011, 05:23 AM
I NEED this encyclopedia!!! It finally shipped last week with my hoodie + belt buckle http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Good call with the Time line, if they are talking about S17 then its probably running right along the same time.

Thanks for the other info, didn't know of either of those WM emails. So would you say those emails imply that either or both shaun/lucy could have been unwillingly programed by abstergo?

goclo822
12-04-2011, 09:03 PM
The biggest clue was probably dropped in The Da Vinci Disappearance DLC. In the version where you play the first memory of that sequence before beating the game, Desmond gets an email from "W.M." in the Animus talking about exploring Ezio's 1506 memories. When you finish that sequence before the end of the game, you get another email from "W.M." asking Desmond not to talk about any of those memories with Lucy or Shaun because their security depended on it. William also doesn't seem too shaken up by Lucy's death in Revelations, and some of his emails to her in Brotherhood make it sound like maybe she's contacting him and trying to stall the plan to get the Apple from Juno's vault or something.

No I don't think we're sure of the timeline of the multiplayer story compared to the singleplayer. But they do have all those files on Desmond and already call him Subject 17, so it may be in the same timeframe as Desmond's story. They mention Project Legacy being on hold, which is happening right now in the real 2011. If that's in the same timeframe as the main story, I guess don't expect any Project Legacy updates until October or November of 2012...
Oh wow I didn't know that about the DLC. I really wish I could play that. Question though, how was W.M able to send Desmond emails in the Animus? Especially since he was in a coma? And does he only mention Lucy and Shaun? What about Rebecca?

I'm pretty sure that the multiplayer follows the same timeline as the single player but I could be wrong.

I think I read somewhere that she joined Abstergo unwillingly. However, how do the templars know William M's location if Lucy is to be the sleeper agent and she is now dead? The last thing she knew (if she is really dead) is that they were in Rome. Now they are supposed to be somewhere in NY state and Lucy is not with them...
Oh yeah, good catch. If it's not her then I'm thinking it may be Shaun. He would also fit the bill and if W.M specifically told Desmond not to talk about what he saw with Lucy AND Shaun, maybe W.M is suspicious of both of them. Also does anyone find it strange that Shaun was the only one to go to Lucy's funeral? Most likely meaning that he was in charge of her body. What if she isn't really dead and he's hiding it?

I don't know, just speculation.

ANewOutlet
12-05-2011, 02:40 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by twenty_glyphs:

Oh wow I didn't know that about the DLC. I really wish I could play that. Question though, how was W.M able to send Desmond emails in the Animus? Especially since he was in a coma? And does he only mention Lucy and Shaun? What about Rebecca?

I'm pretty sure that the multiplayer follows the same timeline as the single player but I could be wrong.

Oh yeah, good catch. If it's not her then I'm thinking it may be Shaun. He would also fit the bill and if W.M specifically told Desmond not to talk about what he saw with Lucy AND Shaun, maybe W.M is suspicious of both of them. Also does anyone find it strange that Shaun was the only one to go to Lucy's funeral? Most likely meaning that he was in charge of her body. What if she isn't really dead and he's hiding it?

I don't know, just speculation. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Sorry for starting a quote pyramid, but....

If William told Desmond to withhold information from Lucy and Shawn, shouldn't more doubt regarding alleigance be placed upon him than upon Lucy and Shawn.

We (think we) know Lucy and Shawn, and have many reasons to believe that they are fighting the good fight. William literally pops out of nowhere, asks Desmond to withhold information from his fellow assassins, shows little-to-no remorse for the death of an assassin and, if one of the earlier theories is correct, tried to slow Lucy & Desmond & the others from reaching the Apple.

Seems like a pretty templar-ish thing to do.

goclo822
12-05-2011, 02:59 AM
Originally posted by ANewOutlet:
If William told Desmond to withhold information from Lucy and Shawn, shouldn't more doubt regarding alleigance be placed upon him than upon Lucy and Shawn.

We (think we) know Lucy and Shawn, and have many reasons to believe that they are fighting the good fight. William literally pops out of nowhere, asks Desmond to withhold information from his fellow assassins, shows little-to-no remorse for the death of an assassin and, if one of the earlier theories is correct, tried to slow Lucy & Desmond & the others from reaching the Apple.

Seems like a pretty templar-ish thing to do.
Hm that's a pretty good point. And in the emails between him and Lucy in Brotherhood, Lucy had apparently been stating her concerns about Desmond's health and well-being where-as William seemed more focused on getting the location of the apple rather than sharing Lucy's sentiment about his son.

However I think the reason why most aren't more suspicious of William is because in the multiplayer videos, the Templars were looking for him.

twenty_glyphs
12-05-2011, 09:21 AM

You can read the last two emails at the following page to see the emails that William Miles sends Desmond before and after the Brotherhood DLC if you play them before the end of the game: http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Desmond_Miles'_e-mail (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Desmond_Miles%27_e-mail).

We don't know how William could send emails straight to Desmond in the Animus, but it's probably just set up that way. I believe Brotherhood's Animus gave you a message when you had new emails in the real world, it just didn't let you read them right there. I'm sure the explanation is just that William wanted this one going straight to Desmond without anyone else being able to see.

As for trusting William, we know he's Desmond's dad and seems to have been incredibly dedicated to the Assassin cause, to the detriment of his relationship with Desmond, so it's hard to believe he's a Templar. The speculation after Lucy died was also focusing on if she was a traitor, so the fact that he tells Desmond not to mention it to her or Shaun is interesting.

With those emails, I also find it interesting that William already knows to look in Ezio's 1506 memories for this piece of vital information about the Grand Temple. He seems to have some kind of plan brewing that aligns with the mission being given to Desmond from the First Civilization, so I'm not sure where that's coming from.

goclo822
12-05-2011, 08:13 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by go_clo:

You can read the last two emails at the following page to see the emails that William Miles sends Desmond before and after the Brotherhood DLC if you play them before the end of the game: http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Desmond_Miles'_e-mail (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Desmond_Miles%27_e-mail).

We don't know how William could send emails straight to Desmond in the Animus, but it's probably just set up that way. I believe Brotherhood's Animus gave you a message when you had new emails in the real world, it just didn't let you read them right there. I'm sure the explanation is just that William wanted this one going straight to Desmond without anyone else being able to see.

As for trusting William, we know he's Desmond's dad and seems to have been incredibly dedicated to the Assassin cause, to the detriment of his relationship with Desmond, so it's hard to believe he's a Templar. The speculation after Lucy died was also focusing on if she was a traitor, so the fact that he tells Desmond not to mention it to her or Shaun is interesting.

With those emails, I also find it interesting that William already knows to look in Ezio's 1506 memories for this piece of vital information about the Grand Temple. He seems to have some kind of plan brewing that aligns with the mission being given to Desmond from the First Civilization, so I'm not sure where that's coming from. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks a bunch for that link. Very interesting. Seems that Rebecca was somehow able to download the emails to his subconscious.

What I got from the emails though isn't really that William doesn't trust Lucy and Shaun but more-so that he doesn't want them knowing information as valuable as that because it could possibly be dangerous for them to know it. He says that it was Lucy who tipped him off on those memories in the first place so I doubt she would know something like that and then proceed to tell William about it if she wasn't trustworthy. Also I don't know if it's really a plan that he has. Seems more like he is just running on speculation.