PDA

View Full Version : help please

redtails_059
11-22-2008, 02:39 AM
i have just started flying the yak1 and because of no aileron trim i am finding it hard to keeping the plane from tilting constantly from left to right.I know in general all planes are built with a bit of instabilty but surely not to the detriment of being able to get some sort of stabilty. any advice

redtails_059
11-22-2008, 02:39 AM
i have just started flying the yak1 and because of no aileron trim i am finding it hard to keeping the plane from tilting constantly from left to right.I know in general all planes are built with a bit of instabilty but surely not to the detriment of being able to get some sort of stabilty. any advice

kingtiger2008
11-22-2008, 03:04 AM
Just use rudder trim mate. Aileron trim should only be used in the case the wing's damaged.

Pigeon_
11-22-2008, 06:32 AM
Yes, a lotof the Russian planes have a tendency to roll during flight. Just hold the stick to the right or left to compensate. That's the best advice I can give you. If you use rudder trim to compensate for the rolling you will not be in co÷dinated flight: you will slip and that causes a lot of unneccissary drag. Just keep the ball of the inclinometer in the middle and compensate for rolling with the stick.