PDA

View Full Version : Those with graphics errors after patch install

Hunter82
11-18-2004, 06:07 PM
Please set your card settings in IL2setup.exe or PFsetup.exe to their proper settings and test.

99% of your issues should be solved

Hunde_3.JG51
11-18-2004, 06:22 PM
Just set settings to 9800/9600/X800 instead of "maximum" as I always used before and it seemed to solve my problem of missing cockpit textures in perfect mode.

Will test more later but thanks for tip. Looking at your avatar I feel kind of silly, like I am talking to the Cookie Monster instead of a real person http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif.

TheGozr
11-18-2004, 06:36 PM
Nope didn't do a thing..

crazyivan1970
11-18-2004, 07:28 PM
I get blocky clouds and texture looking props if i use new exe.... regular one works fine

Kasdeya
11-18-2004, 07:48 PM
got it fixed Hunter check my last post in this thread :http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=26310365&m=8151070342

Buzzer1
11-18-2004, 08:29 PM
That actually seemed to work.
Was on custom setting - seemingly fine now.
Too tired to test anymore now though...

XyZspineZyX
11-19-2004, 12:19 AM
What happened to my refresh rate?
Normally 100hz before patch....60Hz after.

what is going on?

Ruy Horta
11-19-2004, 02:05 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hunter82:
Please set your card settings in IL2setup.exe or PFsetup.exe to their proper settings and test.

99% of your issues should be solved <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hunter82

Could you please confirm (or deny) if there are issues with the new exe file and Cat. 4.11 AI use set to either standard or full?

I'm using the standard game settings for my graphics cards (Radeon x800XT PCIE).

scottmal1
11-19-2004, 04:10 AM
Just for the record i havent d/loaded patch yet but i'm getting these graphics errors with 9800pro and 4.11 drivers and correct card settings in il2 setup.

PF_Coastie
11-19-2004, 04:18 AM
I have had no probs with Official 4.11 drivers. I did reset conf.ini by setting to 9800 settings in setup. Then I flew game, went back to my custom settings. Have not seen ant graphical errors with 3.01m.

I did see some graphical bugs with the 3.01_new.exe though. Just some small texture errors in places and no fps increase at all on water=1 compared to regular 3.01 runnong Kamikazi trk.

Udidtoo
11-19-2004, 05:07 AM
Since the patch I cannot get control center to even load. Switched back to the old control panel and all custom settings seem to be ok , more testing needed......to be honest I just tooled around the same 2 or 3 missions going mmmmmm purrdy.

XyZspineZyX
11-19-2004, 05:17 AM
Reinstalling my FX 5900 Ultra drivers, nVidia 66.93 fixed the refresh rate problem.

What I've seen so far, looks great.

Oh yeah, I got my hit sounds in game online. yay me

Lipfert_5JG52
11-19-2004, 05:52 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif

Check this out:

I'm using the new Exe on the full install merged.

http://members.rogers.com/osis.akula.sc/images/newexe1.jpg

And

http://members.rogers.com/osis.akula.sc/images/newexe2.jpg

Vengeanze
11-19-2004, 06:16 AM
Nice looking water, Lipfert. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

Lipfert_5JG52
11-19-2004, 07:02 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Vengeanze:
Nice looking water, Lipfert. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The water is top notch, really nice looking. Makes me want to vacation.

Also the new splash graphic is the bomb, everybody was commenting on how great it looked.

Even with the porked graphics, it runs just great. Kinda like PF has merged with Spawn.

Load time is really reduced, still some issues to workout but they are on the correct track here.

Lipfert_5JG52
11-19-2004, 07:11 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hunter82:

99% of your issues should be solved <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Still had issues after using default settings. I'll report back when I've had a chance to test it more.

Hunter82
11-19-2004, 07:22 AM
basically what you need to do is reset your conf.ini for most users. This is done usually by setting the default or safe settings in the il2setup or pf setup. Run the game using quick mission builder then exit. set settings again in setup exe to proper card type and test.

Lipfert_5JG52
11-19-2004, 07:43 AM
basically what you need to do is reset your conf.ini for most users. This is done usually by setting the default or safe settings in the il2setup or pf setup. Run the game using quick mission builder then exit. set settings again in setup exe to proper card type and test. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hunter,

Doing just as you said, here is what I got.

http://members.rogers.com/osis.akula.sc/images/test1.jpg

And

http://members.rogers.com/osis.akula.sc/images/test2.jpg

Lipfert_5JG52
11-19-2004, 08:00 AM
Here are my settings that "ARE" working properly. Very nice I might add aswell.....

Here's my setting that run properly:

Note I set my desktop to the screen Resolution
before I run the game.

Using the "New" Exe v3.01m

Catalyst v4.11

***Control Centre***

Display Manager:

1152x864 32-bit Refresh 85Hz

Display Options:

Same as desktop

3D:

AA= 4x

AF= Let app decide

A.I.= Advanced

Mipmap= Quality

Truform= App Preference

Refresh= Always On

Smartshader= None

API Specific:

Support DXT checked

Force 24 Bit Z-buffer checked

***il-2 Setup***

Driver Tab:

OpenGL

Full Screen

1152x864 32 Bit

Use Stencil Buffer Checked

Video Tab:

Custom

Trilinear

S3TC

Use Dither "UNCHECKED"

Use Vertex Arrays Checked

Polygon Stipple "UNCHECKED"

Multitexture Checked

Combine Checked

Secondary Colour Checked

Vertex Array Extension Checked

Clip Hint Checked

Use Palette Checked

Texture Compress ARB Extension Checked

Texture Anisotropic Extension "UNCHECKED"

I just need to confirm my Conf.ini file and make sure I don't have anything wrong, compared to my settings.

RxMan
11-19-2004, 08:05 AM
I was doing great, reset video to 9800 card, got graphic errors (prop etc) changed to Direct X instead of OpenGL, graphic problems fixed, but not as pretty, (water etc)...Going back to OpenGL custom

Lipfert_5JG52
11-19-2004, 08:35 AM
Here is my Conf.ini comparison:

Settings:

ATI X800/9800/9700/9600/9500

Gives me this Conf.ini:

[Render_OpenGL]
TexQual=3
TexMipFilter=2
TexCompress=0
TexFlags.UseDither=1
TexFlags.UseAlpha=0
TexFlags.UseIndex=0
TexFlags.PolygonStipple=1
TexFlags.UseClampedSprites=0
TexFlags.DrawLandByTriangles=1
TexFlags.UseVertexArrays=1
TexFlags.DisableAPIExtensions=0
TexFlags.ARBMultitextureExt=1
TexFlags.TexEnvCombineExt=1
TexFlags.SecondaryColorExt=1
TexFlags.VertexArrayExt=1
TexFlags.ClipHintExt=0
TexFlags.UsePaletteExt=0
TexFlags.TexAnisotropicExt=1
TexFlags.TexCompressARBExt=1

TexFlags.TexEnvCombine4NV=0
TexFlags.TexEnvCombineDot3=1
TexFlags.DepthClampNV=0
TexFlags.SeparateSpecular=1
TexFlags.TextureShaderNV=0

HardwareShaders=1

Shadows=2
Specular=2
SpecularLight=2
DiffuseLight=2
DynamicalLights=1
MeshDetail=2
VisibilityDistance=3

Sky=2

LandShading=3
LandDetails=2

LandGeom=2
TexLarge=1
TexLandQual=3
TexLandLarge=1

VideoSetupId=8

PolygonOffsetFactor=-0.0625
PolygonOffsetUnits=-1.0

ForceShaders1x=0
Effects=1
Forest=2
Water=1

Settings:

Custom

and my specified "ARE" working previous post gives me this Conf.ini:

[Render_OpenGL]
TexQual=3
TexMipFilter=2
TexCompress=2
TexFlags.UseDither=0
TexFlags.UseAlpha=0
TexFlags.UseIndex=0
TexFlags.PolygonStipple=0
TexFlags.ClipHintExt=1
TexFlags.UsePaletteExt=1
TexFlags.TexAnisotropicExt=0

TexFlags.DepthClampNV=0

HardwareShaders=1

Shadows=2
Specular=2
SpecularLight=2
DiffuseLight=2
DynamicalLights=1
MeshDetail=2
VisibilityDistance=3

Sky=2

LandShading=3
LandDetails=2

LandGeom=2
TexLarge=1
TexLandQual=3
TexLandLarge=1

VideoSetupId=17

PolygonOffsetUnits=-1.0

ForceShaders1x=0
Effects=1
Forest=2
Water=1

RocketDog
11-19-2004, 08:58 AM
Hunter - I have tried reinstalling 4.11 (for the umpteenth time) and setting card as you recommend.

No joy, I'm afraid, I still gets serious corruption in PF both patched and unpatched.

I really do think there is a problem with the 4.11 drivers. From reading the forums it's clear some people have been getting seriously scrambled textures from the release of 4.11, several days before the release of the PF patch.

Regards,

RocketDog.

*bangs head on table in frustration*

RxMan
11-19-2004, 09:16 AM
ATTENTION: Do not judge graphics by using QMB, I just couldn't understand why I could not get the water I had in games last night. In a mission it is beautiful, in QMB it is blah!! or worse.

DangerForward
11-19-2004, 09:19 AM
Using Advanced AI with the 4.11s made snow look greenish and have a little dashed pattern at certain angles, but this was also with the original PF code too.

Vengeanze
11-19-2004, 11:54 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DangerForward:
Using Advanced AI with the 4.11s made snow look greenish and have a little dashed pattern at certain angles, but this was also with the original PF code too. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's how snow looks like in Japan. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

JG52Uther
11-19-2004, 12:28 PM
Lipfert i had the same graphics error as your cockpit shot in a coop a couple of nites ago.That was pre-patch and running 4.11's.when i exited and restarted everything was fine and has been since (including V3.01)i think 4.11 is touchy!

Rabid_Ice
11-19-2004, 01:37 PM
Just a little reminder that I haven't seen emphasized much when talking about graphics drivers.

Always, and that cannot be emphasized enough, always uninstall old drivers before installing new ones.

If you want graphics errors, problems, anomolies,.....what have you, just instal new drivers over old ones.

Of course, you all know that. I just wanted to throw up a post! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

This game, Pacific Fighters, Forgotten Battles, Ubi Soft, 1C, .... They all ROCK!

TSmoke
11-19-2004, 07:58 PM
~S~
I installed the patch and the 4.11 drivers...game looks fantastic and runs much better..Haven't touched the new Exe. so maybe I got lucky. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Obi_Kwiet
11-19-2004, 09:12 PM
I like the 4.10's best. So far, the 4.10's seem to own all the others.

Ruy Horta
11-20-2004, 04:04 AM
Been testing.

Old exe loves the CAT 4.11, the new exe does not.

CAT AI off, default or high produces various kinds of graphical glitches using the latter.

After testing AI-settings I even decided they are better left off in with the old exe, since AI in general causes problems with other titles (like CoD).

People who experience problems with the 4.11 drivers should
1. try with AI off
2. compare results of old and new exe.

I think 4.11s were recommended on the basis of the old exe, which seems to be confirmed by the results on my system.

As for my setup etc, I keep a tight ship in terms of drivers and settings.

adriaan_v
11-20-2004, 05:23 AM
I tested in a real hard way 301m.exe and 301m_new.exe for graphics errors and stutters.
In the Full Mission Builder from 301m.exe I loaded the folder: Single-Ja-A6M2 and flew this mission on Autopilot (A) and Accelerate Time 8x. In this short mission one engages an airfield with AA and planes with delayed start, so it is hard on framerates.
Then I flew this mission in 301m_new.exe. Both versions gave me graphics errors and a long pauze.
This test was performed with cat 4.11 drivers and corresponding A.C.C (not C.C.C)
Then I tested both versions in the same way with cat 4.10 drivers and corresponding A.C.C.
No graphics errors at all, no pause just a slight stutter.
IMOP the cat 4.11 drivers are the malefactor

Athlon 64, 3200+
Asus K8vDeLuxe
Ati 9700pro

pettera
11-20-2004, 05:36 AM
Installed new catalyst ..11 driver yesterday. Use x800xt pcie card. Got an odd sight (piece of the map instead of the cross) in a winter Balaton dogfight map. This an FB+AEP installation.

I have never experienced anything like that before.

There is something fishy about that driver...
Sorry I forgot to take a screenshot.

Happy fixing ... expect it to be soon.
Petter

dragonhart38
11-20-2004, 11:07 AM
basically what you need to do is reset your conf.ini for most users. This is done usually by setting the default or safe settings in the il2setup or pf setup. Run the game using quick mission builder then exit. set settings again in setup exe to proper card type and test. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hunter I tried you recommendation above for "New"exe 3.01M. Its working for me on my 9600 pro. I tried Lipfert's setting in this thread and they didn't work. I havent check fps on 4.7 ogl versus 4.11 but will do.

Spinnetti
11-20-2004, 05:23 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by scottmal1:
Just for the record i havent d/loaded patch yet but i'm getting these graphics errors with 9800pro and 4.11 drivers and correct card settings in il2 setup. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats what I have and it works perfect (pre and post patch, plus with the 'new' launcher).
As I was experimenting with overclocking both the computer and video card, I was easily able to get video errors of various kinds, especially if I overclocked the AGP bus. Check for over-over clocking (if you over clock that is).. Have a P4 2.8 running a little over 3gig, and my video is clocked at 414, 303.

BTW, I didn't download the control center at all since it steals cycles - just the driver... I just use radlinker for the other functions.

dragonhart38
11-20-2004, 05:35 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dragonhart38:

Hunter I tried you recommendation above for "New"exe 3.01M. Its working for me on my 9600 pro. I tried Lipfert's setting in this thread and they didn't work. I havent check fps on 4.7 ogl versus 4.11 but will do. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oops false alarm. I tried another mission using Hunter's recommendation and the artifacts came back. Essentially wonky looking propellers as shown in one of the previous posts in this thread. This NEW-EXE 3.01M is lousy....

LLv34_Flanker
11-21-2004, 05:29 AM
S!

I am using pretty much same settings as Lipfert posted, but I do NOT have: S3TC compression, Clip hint and Use Pallette checked. I have also Anisotropic extension checked. No artifacts whatsoever using Catalyst 4.12 with CCC.

Firebird_79vRAF
11-21-2004, 06:18 AM
~S~

The new .exe is the root of all evil on my pc. Tried all the fixes here, ran the game with Omega 4.10 drivers, 4.11 and 4.12 drivers and still had the glitches. Ran the game off old .exe and 4.11, problems gone.

RocketDog
11-21-2004, 08:04 AM
Hmmmm...

I get serious corruption with the 4.11 drivers regardless of the exe file used. The 4.10s work fine with both old and new exe. I think it's mostly to do with Cat 4.11.

Regards,

RocketDog.

TROOPER117
11-21-2004, 08:28 AM
I'm so brassed off! Can anyone suggest anything? Before installing the patch my game was working just fine on perfect settings. Now, its all going Pete Tong!
I've got a Nvidea Gforce TI 4200 with AGP 8X.
After the patch install all water textures are now pretty bad, especially with reflected water! It worked ok before!
I've reinstalled the latest drivers, changed the water setting to each one in turn, no difference.
Oh, the new exe is total c*%p! Graphics all over the place.
Help me Obi Wan Kenobi, your my only hope! (or words to that effect!!)

Lipfert_5JG52
11-21-2004, 09:18 AM
Kameraden,

It's working great now, new "exe" renamed to il2fb.exe and these settings.

The only thing I changed lastnight was going from 1152 x 864 to 1024 x 768 and I was hosting.

New Guinea 1942 is an amazing map. Overall testing went very well lastnight flying the B-25.

Using a Radeon 9800 Pro....

conf.ini

[Render_OpenGL]
TexQual=3
TexMipFilter=2
TexCompress=2
TexFlags.UseDither=0
TexFlags.UseAlpha=0
TexFlags.UseIndex=0
TexFlags.PolygonStipple=0
TexFlags.ClipHintExt=1
TexFlags.UsePaletteExt=1
TexFlags.TexAnisotropicExt=0
TexFlags.DepthClampNV=0

HardwareShaders=1

Shadows=2
Specular=2
SpecularLight=2
DiffuseLight=2
DynamicalLights=1
MeshDetail=2
VisibilityDistance=3

Sky=2

LandShading=3
LandDetails=2

LandGeom=2
TexLarge=1
TexLandQual=3
TexLandLarge=1

VideoSetupId=17

PolygonOffsetUnits=-1.0

ForceShaders1x=0
Effects=1
Forest=2
Water=1

CCC

Display Manager:

1024 x 768 32-bit Refresh 100Hz

Display Options:

Same as desktop

3D:

AA= 4x

AF= Let app decide

A.I.= Advanced

Mipmap= Quality

Truform= Quality

Refresh= Quality

Smartshader= None

API Specific:

Support DXT checked

Force 24 Bit Z-buffer checked

il-2 Setup

Driver Tab:

OpenGL

Full Screen

1024 x 768 32 Bit

Use Stencil Buffer Checked

Video Tab:

Custom

Trilinear

S3TC

Use Dither "UNCHECKED"

Use Vertex Arrays Checked

Polygon Stipple "UNCHECKED"

Multitexture Checked

Combine Checked

Secondary Colour Checked

Vertex Array Extension Checked

Clip Hint Checked

Use Palette Checked

Texture Compress ARB Extension Checked

Texture Anisotropic Extension "UNCHECKED"

RocketRobin__
11-21-2004, 12:07 PM
Since installing the patch I've had to back off my VPU cadence a hair.
VGA = Sapphire X 800 Pro on Catalyst 4.11.
Anti-aliasing = 6. Aniso. Filter = 16
Stock clock settings = 470/445.
Clock settings w/v3.00 = 510/560.
Clock settings w/v3.01m = 500/560.

Open GL configuration:

HardwareShaders=0

Shadows=2
Specular=2
SpecularLight=2
DiffuseLight=2
DynamicalLights=1
MeshDetail=2
VisibilityDistance=3

Sky=2
Forest=3
LandShading=3
LandDetails=2

LandGeom=2
TexLarge=1
TexLandQual=3
TexLandLarge=1

VideoSetupId=2
Water=2
Effects=1
ForceShaders1x=0

It's all good.

Scragbat
11-21-2004, 12:18 PM
When patched to 3.01m (not using new exe though) ship reflections dissapear momentarily when they fire at the enemy. Reflection comes back when ship is not firing. On carriers with lots of cannon fire the reflection appears to flicker because it is on and off so quickly.

The patch has made the game perform much better with greatly improved fps (I will leave water=3 permanently on now), for now this seems to be the only GFX anomaly for me.

I am using a 6800GT card with driver whql 67.20 (bug happens with 66.93 too). Graphics set appropriately in settings console.

Here is a video to demonstrate the bugged reflection...

reflectionbug.wmv (http://www.appy55.dsl.pipex.com/reflectionbug.wmv)

WTE_Target
11-21-2004, 05:45 PM
I have also installed the 4.11 driver and found immediate increase in performance before the 3.01 patch .
After I installed the 3.01 patch game still working fine off old .EXE.
But asoon as tried running of new .EXE all sorts of graphical errors from those above to functions in game not working like will not all me to bali out .
Never ,I repeat never had any of these problems before I used the new EXE.Only improvement I could see was faster loaed time as for rest of performance with new EXE = ****

bazzaah2
11-22-2004, 03:58 AM
I get a lot of graphical issues with new .exe when I run it on perfect, along the lines of what people have posted here already.

If the new .exe is work in progress then I hope Oleg and co take it forward - the game loads much quicker and I do get much better FPS on excellent settings.

JSG72
11-22-2004, 11:52 AM
Loaded 3.01m over combined install.
Then 4.11 drivers for 9700pro
tried 3.01mexe(Didn't notice any faster loading?)
Did get nice water splashes
Then Whoa Whats with the big bright rectangles(The sun)
Tried using old exe. Nope. Also loosing skins on loaded missions.
Came out and reloaded drivers (After full scale removal)
Thought it was ok. for a while (Note. For a while!) .
Now it's back of its own accord, to no skins big squares or sometimes snowflake style sun/canopy reflections that follow you round the cockpit
I am running everything on excellent at 1600x1200 though (Serves me right?).

adriaan_v
11-22-2004, 02:17 PM
Try cat4.10 drivers

Hunter82
11-22-2004, 03:55 PM
new exe is not recommended and is as the patch a 'beta' you should experience some amount of errors. I have experienced no graphics corruption using the old exe with any version of driver including 4.10/4.11/and 4.12b.

The new exe generates a gl error on start inside the game..as per my log file when tested.

JSG72
11-22-2004, 05:28 PM
Thanks guys!
Will try old 4.10
Kinda thought it was that new driver.
And thanks, for the patch BYW.

(My computer was bought, soley so I could play IL2 (Offline!) and I do get frustrated when things go Dirrraaaannnng!).

Sugita
11-23-2004, 10:58 AM
I found that on my 9800 card at least that the new PF.exe must have vertical sync off or you get all kinds of corrupted plane textures. Also found out enabling S3TC also causes graphic problems. One example looking into the sun causes a big white square to appear.

JSG72
11-23-2004, 01:34 PM
Back to 4.10

Still same (Big square sun or snowflake reflections)

More for me to do?

Sugita
11-23-2004, 03:51 PM
Go to your IL2setup.exe and in video tab under Texture Compression, choose none and try that.

Vargtass-0e
11-23-2004, 04:40 PM
I`ve got errors with 66.93 detonators. Currently seeing triangles on the water. Also got random crashes with the screen filled with squares ... lots of them. This is on a gf6800gt.
Really don`t think this is a heat-issue. I run halflife2 for hours without crashes. Same with most other newer games. Tried to set the gfx to " gforce 6000 series " etc, but still, this looks like a driver-error.

Scragbat
11-24-2004, 03:45 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Vargtass-0e:
I`ve got errors with 66.93 detonators. Currently seeing triangles on the water. Also got random crashes with the screen filled with squares ... lots of them. This is on a gf6800gt.
Really don`t think this is a heat-issue. I run halflife2 for hours without crashes. Same with most other newer games. Tried to set the gfx to " gforce 6000 series " etc, but still, this looks like a driver-error. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Vargtass-0e,
I'm curious. Do you get the reflection of ships dissapearing like I mentioned too? I seem to be the only one who has mentioned this so far...
I have not had these triangles and random crashes though so maybe I'm lucky there. As well as 67.20 driver I should also mention I am fully up to date with SP2 and running DX9.0c.

Renegade_50
11-25-2004, 07:24 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif
S` Hunter I installed the 4.11 driver and got artifacts and strange block textures for planes that were in the distance. I run a AIW 9700 Pro in max settings at perfect, it overclocked got asus A7N8X deluxe board AMD 300+ overclocked 1 gig Corsair XMS LL matched ram. the 4.11 also caused very strange things to happen in Call of Duty so i went back to 4.10 with the ATI control panel I suggest the 4.10 and ati panel until the 4.12 beta can be tested currently i get fps in game on my coop runs of 45, 70, 110.

Buckaroo12
11-25-2004, 12:07 PM
I tried the new EXE last night... worked just fine for me!

I've got the CAT 4.10's running and the new EXE gave me a big jump in load times and now I can run Water=2 with no drop in FPS!

PF_Coastie
11-26-2004, 07:57 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Scragbat:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Vargtass-0e:
Really don`t think this is a heat-issue. I run halflife2 for hours without crashes. Same with most other newer games. Tried to set the gfx to " gforce 6000 series " etc, but still, this looks like a driver-error. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Vargtass-0e,
I'm curious. Do you get the reflection of ships dissapearing like I mentioned too? I seem to be the only one who has mentioned this so far...
I have not had these triangles and random crashes though so maybe I'm lucky there. As well as 67.20 driver I should also mention I am fully up to date with SP2 and running DX9.0c. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I get the reflections disappearing also Scragbat. It is really noticeable on the Kamikazi track.

SkyChimp
11-26-2004, 07:36 PM
Here's was my problem:

http://members.cox.net/us.fighters/christmaslights.jpg

I completely uninstalled FB/AEP/PF, defragged, and reinstalled all off them. I never reinstalled any FB or AEP patch. Did reinstall the 301M patches. Not using the no-CD crack, either. I don't have the graphics problems anymore.

unclehubert
11-27-2004, 09:40 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hunde_3.JG51:
Just set settings to 9800/9600/X800 instead of "maximum" as I always used before and it seemed to solve my problem of missing cockpit textures in perfect mode.

Will test more later but thanks for tip. Looking at your avatar I feel kind of silly, like I am talking to the Cookie Monster instead of a real person http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

For some reason I'm not seeing an entry for 9600/9800/xt in my settings. Am I doing something wrong?

LLv34_Flanker
12-03-2004, 01:37 AM
S!

I got tired of fiddling with the new exe http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif Whatever tweaks I tried there were garpled or strange graphics like: propellor disks being solid, cockpits grey, missing instruments, national markings a blue square etc. I reverted to the "old" 3.02 exe and no problems whatsoever. Using 4.12 with X800XT PE. As side note sound seem to work OK now except some fluctuation in engine sound now and then.

Jombala
12-04-2004, 07:48 AM
For my part new exe + resolution 1280 by 1024 (lcd) not good but
new exe + 1024 by 768 fine.

Which will explain why the ones who resets there settings solve theirs problems because 1280 by 1024 is not standard in il2 setup.

Hope it helps,

Jombala

Freefall1983
12-04-2004, 11:08 AM
Just installed the 3.01m and now I can't use the perfect setting. The game will load but locks up right when it starts you in the cockpit.

system specs
Intel P4 3.0GHz
1.5GB PC3200 OCZ RAM
Nvidia XFX 6800 GT (61.77 drivers)

9th_Spitin
12-04-2004, 11:16 AM
I am running the 3.02mb and all seems fine other than the disapering airfields and the odd lines off on the horizion. I was on-line in WC's and on aproach only 1/4 mile or so out and the runway was disapering. I am running perfect settings on a 6800GT card. It was not just me seeing it, others saw the same.

S~

Freefall1983
12-05-2004, 09:05 AM
Well I installed 3.02mb and still had the same problem with the system locking up with perfect settings. I went and installed the new 67.03 drivers and and the perfect setting works. I have water = 3 and it looks amazing. So for anyone with a 6800 GT download the 67.03s from Guru3d.com.

RidgeR5
12-05-2004, 12:45 PM
Im getting this, but the F4F with only the 1 skin, to my knowledge...

http://www.simviation.com/yabbuploads/mapping1.jpg
http://www.simviation.com/yabbuploads/mapping2.jpg
http://www.simviation.com/yabbuploads/mapping3.jpg

Also, I am seeing problems like polys in the same area, because they keep laying over each other then changing back.

Jambock_sydy
12-06-2004, 03:37 AM
HI guys,

Thanks God it's not me, yesterday I expend part of the day installing and uninstallind divers (and vice-versa).

Wrote just to say thanks for the tip and I hope we can solve that for good!

pettera
12-06-2004, 07:20 AM
I had the errors seen in Ridge_Runner_5's post after installing 4.12b. I use an X800 XT pcie. Used a lot of time to get rid of it and reinstalled 4.11. Now I seldom get the error but it has happened after the reinstall.

Yesterday I made a merged install of PF+FB+AEP. I also patched it to 3.02m. But now Perfect landscape is a mess. The previously beautiful water in both PF and FB+AEP can not be switched on. When I do the screen turns black maybe twice a second. I can see the nice transparent water but only for a fraction of a second at a time. Quite annoying. It worked brilliantly for PF 3.0 and FB+AEP 2.04. But the merged install sucks. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

Any hints on how I retrieve the beautiful water are more than welcome?

Petter

PS. Maybe somebody from ATI should look at this thread? A colleague told me his new NVIDIA high end card came with an IL2/PF demo.

RidgeR5
12-06-2004, 11:20 PM
I got an email from Oleg on what Im seeing. He says it is the graphics drivers (always is, regardless of what they are). Im not gonna get 4.10 or 4.11 until they bring back OpenGL support!!!

BTW, Im running Omega 4.9...

Spinnetti
12-07-2004, 07:00 AM

Hmm. After LOTS of experimenting (3.02bm with latest stuff like the dgen beta), still no love on perfect settings.

I went to default settings for everything, no overclocking of anything (9800 pro card) or any other tweaks, and I still have probelms on both 4.11 and 4.12 drivers. Actually seems worse on the 4.12 drivers.

Odd thing is, it worked fine for a while after I installed 3.01m, and only once in a while did I get the problems. Now I get it almost every time under 4.12, and the errors vary.

Stumped, and bummed.

WTE_Target
12-12-2004, 05:58 PM
After hours of trying to get the graphic errors to stop with the beta patch I have to conclude that the "Only thing I want for christmas is an official working patch"

TROOPER117
12-13-2004, 11:18 AM
Well said Target....Ditto!!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif

Mocrix
12-14-2004, 09:17 AM
Hola! I'm new to the whole IL2/PF scene, but I've been smitten with the nasty graphics corruption glitch as well. First off, here are my pertinent system specs:

CPU: AMD 2.4XP (2.0GHz)
Memory: 1GB 266MHz
Video: ATI 9800XT 256MB
Cat: 4.12
Sound: Audigy 2 ZS
Hard Drive: 17GB free
DirectX: 9c
Using Pacific Fighters 3.01

Now lemme explain what I'm seeing. I run the setup first, select the ATI Radeon 9800 setting, and then go into PF. I can generate a quick battle and pan around the camera to look at the sun. Everything is just jaw dropping beautiful with very awesome FPS. The sun looks great with lens flare, and the water is astounding. I then start a campaign mission and the sun turns into this horrid large tissue paper square. Everything else looks good, the sun is just wacko. If I quit the campaign and go right back into a quick battle--the sun is now hosed here as well. If I exit out of PF, run the setup, pick custom, and then go back into the game I get the same exact results. I can then go BACK to the setup and pick the original ATI Radeon 9800 setting and again, the first time out things are peachy but after that....

I originally was using Cat 4.11 drivers and I tried to use the beta (4.12b?) drivers and it only made things worse. I then snagged the fully released Cat 4.12 drivers and we're back up to square one on the odd sun mutation after the first sortie.

Has anyone heard anything further on this issue? I might also add that I run a myriad of other games with no issues like this in any way. I really like PF so far and I don't want to play it in the uglier DirectX mode (which seems to run with less FPS incidentally). Please tell me there's hope! =8'D

If I have time tonight I'll try and snag the 3.02 beta patch and see if that eases my woes.

RocketDog
12-14-2004, 04:34 PM
It's a relatively common problem with the 4.11 and 4.12 drivers. There doesn't appear to be a fix (and believe me, some of us have tried very hard to find one). The good news is that ATi are aware of the problem and it's mentioned in a somewhat garbled form in the release notes for the 4.12 drivers. At any rate, it's being looked at and should - with luck - be sorted out early next year.

The only solution for now is to use the 4.10 drivers. These have similar performance to the 4.11 and 4.12, but give a very dark colour to the water in perfect mode.

Regards,

RocketDog.

dglasal
12-14-2004, 04:46 PM
Okay guys, I'm reading through this and notice folks are talking about setting video to Radeon 800x/9800/9700.

I have a ATI Radeon 800XT, but my video selection in septup is simply ATI Radeon. Is this a problem??

I'm not sure how much problems I'm having but certainly want to set the program up as efficiently as possible.

One thing I find interesting is I am having better performance using directX in lieu of OpenGL.

Mocrix
12-14-2004, 11:05 PM
Thanks for the info RD--I'll not loose any sleep over it then.

It sure does look awesome for that first flight though <SIGH> guess I'll just have to settle for playing with the icky DirectX version instead of OpenGL for now. Well at least I can learn to fine tune my flying! <G>

RocketDog
12-15-2004, 05:05 AM
Mocrix, you might as well just try the 4.10 drivers. The only difference is that the water has a darker colour than with the 4.11/4.12 drivers. In all other respects it's performance in PF is almost exactly the same. You would still be able to use OGL and perfect mode.

For what it's worth, I am running the 4.10 drivers until a final fix is released and am very happy with them.

Regards,

RocketDog.

Mocrix
12-15-2004, 10:45 AM
Hmm...I just might do that. If my memory serves me correctly I have like Cat 4.9 through current (I don't like to toss out a driver if there's a possibility I may go back to it later).

I don't think there are any other games that I need the 4.11/4.12 to run so if I have it may give it a shot. I don't care for the DirectX version of things because in addition to not being able to run at "perfect" I seem to actually get less FPS than with OpenGL

Thanks again for the help!

Mocrix
12-16-2004, 12:30 AM
Well it turns out I did have a copy of the Cat 4.10's around. It works great, thanks a bunch. One thing though--have you ever noticed odd tracer colors with 4.10? Occasionally I'll fly a mission and the ground fire coming up is blue or even purple.

It's a minor thing as it sure beats the odd artifacts on the screen from before, and I get better fps under the OpenGL version.

Thanks again!

Dunkelgrun
12-24-2004, 04:22 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mocrix:
Well it turns out I _did_ have a copy of the Cat 4.10's around. It works great, thanks a bunch. One thing though--have you ever noticed odd tracer colors with 4.10? Occasionally I'll fly a mission and the ground fire coming up is blue or even purple.

It's a minor thing as it sure beats the odd artifacts on the screen from before, _and_ I get better fps under the OpenGL version.

Thanks again! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd noticed the tracers but thought that they were supposed to be those colours. I like them like that, please tell me that you guys see it too http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

Cheers!

Kapt_A
12-26-2004, 12:40 PM
Here's one i got after the 3.03.exe not the merged.
http://mysite.verizon.net/vze88gi7/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/tomahawk.jpg

decijef
01-01-2005, 07:34 PM
I found this link in the ForceWare drivers release notes. It talks about a fix for AGP cards running on Athlon machines, where the program 'hangs'. I was having this problem so I tried the fix and so far so good. I am not sure the fix is totally desirable though, I don't know enough. It says for 2000 machines but I added it for my XP machine:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q270715/

SYMPTOMS
A Windows 2000-based computer may stop responding (hang) when you use an Accelerated Graphics Port (AGP) program such as Ziff Davis 3D WinBench 2000. This behavior may occur more frequently depending on the computer's processor, memory, and graphics configuration. This problem is known to occur with Nvidia GeForce 256 and Matrox G400 video adapters on computers with AMD Athlon processors. This issue is not specific to any particular video adapter type.
CAUSE
This behavior can occur if memory that is allocated by the video adapter driver is being corrupted.
RESOLUTION
WARNING: If you use Registry Editor incorrectly, you may cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that you can solve problems that result from using Registry Editor incorrectly. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.

The following workaround for this issue prevents Memory Manager from using the processor's Page Size Extension feature and may affect the performance of some programs, depending on the paging behavior. This registry value also limits non-paged pool to a maximum of 128 megabytes (MB) instead of 256 MB. 1. Start Registry Editor (Regedt32.exe).
2. Locate and click the following key in the registry:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Session Manager\Memory Management
3. On the Edit menu, click Add Value, and then add the following registry value:
Value name: LargePageMinimum
Data type: REG_DWORD
Radix: Hexadecimal
Data value: 0xffffffff

RoughRaider1
01-02-2005, 12:44 PM
I get white specs in the water sometimes. It looks like tv snow or something. It's not related to any particular patch and not even related to PF in general because I've seen it with IL2 and FB with various drivers with my ATI 9700XP. Restarting the game will correct it in most cases. I get it also with various settings. Perfect, excelent, whatever. It doesn't seem to make a difference.

JSG72
01-04-2005, 05:26 PM
All I Can say is

"It is now spoiling a Beautiful experience"

Have tried everything suggested but I am still getting all the errors mentioned in thread.

This has started since installing PF+FB+AEP(Again and again) Backed out all drivers Reinstalled 4.11 removed put in 4.10 Reset card settings But all to no avail
It would appear PF just doesn't like mixing with old or saved game!

JSG72
01-04-2005, 05:37 PM
And yes I have, installed 3.03m

It has done nothing to address these errors.
Which as stated started as soon as PF was installed over FB+AEP.

Having bought this computer/graphics combo purely to play IL2 and its developments I am sorely getting P***** off

JSG72
01-04-2005, 06:14 PM
Darn! Maybe it's that BOE add on
BTW. have bought and paid for every development
Barring Skins (Don't tell me it's these fellas)
I appreciate all the work (Stuck with it the past 4 yrs. Play Nothing! else).
But it would appear to me the flavour of the game is drifting in favour of THE BUCK!
Think it should be advised PF is a Stand alone for now.
Jeez! Rant over.
Still love the concept.
Reality would be nice. (Dear thats another Rant)

RocketDog
01-05-2005, 02:07 PM
JSG, you should post in community help - nobody really looks here.

Regards,

RocketDog.

peteuplink
01-21-2005, 08:54 AM
I have a radeon 9600XT. I have the settings set for my card, and for the most part they're fine. Except I get corrupted cockpit textures in the 1st mission of the USN fighter pilot campaign.

The odd thing is, when the mission starts everything is fine, but when the first plane of my flight accelerates top leave the deck of the carrier, then the cockpit graphics mess up. Everything else is fine.

IVJG51_Dart
01-22-2005, 04:39 PM
Same kind of card here, and I'm getting those cockpit texture errors too when flying online in a scripted server. When a new map loads, and this has only been in the F4U and the F4F, I get bits and pieces of the map in place of various instruments. Everything else is usually grey.

Diamond Viper ATI 9600XT 256 using Cat 5.1
FB+AEP+PF 3.04

Bowmiester
01-25-2005, 12:33 PM
After 3.03m install now get to see the interior of the B24? and strange things seem to be happening to the altimeter in the HE 111 cockpit, looks like the normals of the polygons have been reversed especially on the B 24 model. Never had any problems before this latest patch.
Running a nvidia Ti 4600 with latest drivers.
Apart from that everythings fine it seems. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

BSS_Vidar
01-29-2005, 12:46 AM
I getting the same cockpit texture issues. All my glass dials and gunsite in the cockpit turn into map textures. Most of the time leaving then re-entering the game clears it out.

On open ocean or small island maps, I get rows of triangels and squares evenly spaced (in the water only) with some of them having spokes, or "sun beam" effect comming off them. re setting the game has no effect.

I have the:
Asus ATI 9800 Pro 256/256. 5.01 driver.
Set-up in FB/AEP/PF and PF stand-alone are set to the ATI card family option. Res 1027 x 768 x 32.

WTE_Target
01-29-2005, 04:55 AM
yep I am getting most of these problems aswell, wish that I never bought a bloody ATI card ,I never had these issues with my nvidia card http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

RocketDog
02-03-2005, 01:22 AM
Tagert and others, please complete an ATi feedback form at the ATi driver download page. If enough people complain...

Regards,

RocketDog.

gmot_ka
02-06-2005, 06:27 AM
Since the 3.03 patch I can see disctant object (eg. planes) thru my wings and thru the clouds. I see them also thru my plane in the external view. This happens olny in open GL mode. In DirectX every thing is normal (but fps slower).

I also have ATI Radeon and tried a lot of drivers.

BuzZz_WG
02-09-2005, 02:10 PM
One thing you should try when you have glitches like artifacts and flickering: lock your refreshrate of your monitor to something higher than 60 Hz. On 60Hz I'm getting terrible flashes, artifacts and flickerings. On 100Hz, perfect crispy clear images.

And all the time I thought it was the drivers...

ElAurens
02-19-2005, 03:13 PM
I am still getting unpredictable screen/game lock ups. I'll be flying along then... the screen will freeze and the textures get jumbled, but I still see my cockpit framing. The only way out is to reboot.

My temps are ok.

Gainward Golden Sample 6800GT at stock timings.

66.93 drivers.

All MOBO and bios drivers are up to date, as ais the Audigy 2.

ABIT IC 7 mobo.

Intel P4 3gig 800fsb OC'd @ 3.14 gig.

2 gigs Mushkin Level 1 Black PC3200 DDR ram.

Usually happens on Pacific maps.

Spinnetti
02-19-2005, 07:03 PM
I was hoping after all this time that somebody found a fix, but I finally gave in after weeks of not playing, and found that if I went from 32 to 16 bit color, and took it off perfect to Excellent, that all was well with the world again.. Happy at least to get my game back! I had forgotten how great it is!

Heater
02-21-2005, 03:09 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ElAurens:
I am still getting unpredictable screen/game lock ups. I'll be flying along then... the screen will freeze and the textures get jumbled, but I still see my cockpit framing. The only way out is to reboot. QUOTE]

Having the same problem, also with a 6800 GT I have tried 3@4 diffrent drivers all with the same problem right now I am running the 66.97's

stansdds
04-12-2005, 04:27 AM
I'm having lock up's too. Game loads fine, then when I go to the cockpit or even viewing tracks, the screen will freeze, the sound goes constant, nothing works, occasionally it will unfreeze if I wait long enough, but usually it will go to a black screen, then reboot.
Athlon 64 3500+
Gigabyte K-8nf-9
2 GB Corsair PC-3200 RAM
Sound Blaster Audigy 2zs
eVGA NV-6800 Ultra PCIe, 66.93 drivers

Problem seems to diminish with stencil buffer turned off, but it still happens.

Thunder_ap
04-14-2005, 03:56 AM
Hi guys, I'm new to this sim and have some problems with graphic settings. I have a X800pro and d/loaded patch 3.03 and 3.04. everything works fine, but I can't get the perfect option to work. in the settings all I can reach is excellent...any idea?

stansdds
04-14-2005, 04:47 PM
Perfect is only available in OpenGL and I don't think you can do that with anything other than an NVIDIA based video card.

stansdds
04-15-2005, 12:02 PM
I may have solved my game freezes, black screens and crashes by uninstalling CD-RW/DVD software. The game runs well without such software, so I may be looking at a separate CD-ROM only drive for games.