PDA

View Full Version : TrackIR zoom/leaning

IronSytes
01-31-2006, 11:56 PM
I'm sure this has been asked and talked about a lot. I'm just getting my TrackIR 4 and am really excited to using it with this game, but only just realized it only supports pitch and yaw. Someone told me that Oleg said no way to anything more because the cockpits would need to be redone. Personally, I don't care about that stuff. Is there anyone out there that is working on their own homemade patch to support this?

IronSytes
01-31-2006, 11:56 PM
I'm sure this has been asked and talked about a lot. I'm just getting my TrackIR 4 and am really excited to using it with this game, but only just realized it only supports pitch and yaw. Someone told me that Oleg said no way to anything more because the cockpits would need to be redone. Personally, I don't care about that stuff. Is there anyone out there that is working on their own homemade patch to support this?

actionhank1786
02-01-2006, 01:06 AM
Welcome to the message boards Iron Syte.
I think a "homemade patch" to fix it may be out of the question.
Oleg keeps the coding for the game under wraps pretty tightly, and the thing with the Cockpits is that they're made to be viewed from one solid spot.
If it deviates from that spot it would make things look a bit odd, which a lot of people wouldn't have a problem with but Oleg doesn't want.
But i think it's been said (rumored may be more accurate, it's hard to know what's fact and what's not) that his next game he'll be releasing "Battle of Britain" will feature full support for Track IR.
Hope that helps.

Bearcat99
02-01-2006, 06:03 AM
It wont be implemented into this sim but it will be in BoB. Stiull though... TIR is a great piece of hardware.... You wont regret it.