PDA

View Full Version : Cesare kills Rodrigo theory "spoilers"!!!

an-assassin
11-12-2010, 10:20 AM
In the newest launch trailer you hear Cesery complete the sentence he says to his father. "if I want to live, I live. If I want to take, I TAKE. If I want you to die, YOU DIE. Then he attacks Rodrigo. So what do you think?

muzzyb
11-12-2010, 10:24 AM
I think no.

Mic_92
11-12-2010, 10:27 AM
Most likely, yes. That's too bad though, I really wanted Ezio to be the one who kills Rodrigo..

That's also a pretty stupid thing considering that after the pope died, Cesare was arrested or exiled from Italy.

salted onions
11-12-2010, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by muzzyb:
I think no.

Very constructive.

I saw this, and I had no idea what to think of this, this defied the Wikipedia page for Cesare and Rodrigo! Ubisoft Devs said that if you searched for 30 seconds on google, all the information in the game would ring true on the internet! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif

Seriously though, I have no idea. Maybe it was an assassination attempt as a bid for power on Cesare's part, but Rodrigo still had the papal staff, a PoE, and uses that to subjugate his brash, merciless son. He keeps him alive and uses him because he is still a very powerful militant ruler. Then Ezio poisons Rodrigo, and he dies. The new pope is named, Pope Pius III. But this pope only retains his position for less than a month, and power is taken by Julius II, an enemy of Cesare and an ally of the assassin's, who then exiles Cesare.

Cesare had no idea how much he relied on his father's influence until it was gone, which lead to his ruin.

I feel like this is the only way it could happen coherently, in order to make sense historically.

glenneey
11-12-2010, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by Mic_92:
Most likely, yes. That's too bad though, I really wanted Ezio to be the one who kills Rodrigo..

That's also a pretty stupid thing considering that after the pope died, Cesare was arrested or exiled from Italy.
Yep, cause the new pope's family were sworn enemys with the Borgia family http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

And i so hope Ezio kills Rodrigo Borgia , i want to beat the *peep peep peep peep peep with some peep and peep sauce* out of him then break his neck or something http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

notafanboy
11-12-2010, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by childprodigy:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by muzzyb:
I think no.

Very constructive.

I saw this, and I had no idea what to think of this, this defied the Wikipedia page for Cesare and Rodrigo! Ubisoft Devs said that if you searched for 30 seconds on google, all the information in the game would ring true on the internet! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif

Seriously though, I have no idea. Maybe it was an assassination attempt as a bid for power on Cesare's part, but Rodrigo still had the papal staff, a PoE, and uses that to subjugate his brash, merciless son. He keeps him alive and uses him because he is still a very powerful militant ruler. Then Ezio poisons Rodrigo, and he dies. The new pope is named, Pope Pius III. But this pope only retains his position for less than a month, and power is taken by Julius II, an enemy of Cesare and an ally of the assassin's, who then exiles Cesare.

Cesare had no idea how much he relied on his father's influence until it was gone, which lead to his ruin.

I feel like this is the only way it could happen coherently, in order to make sense historically. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>i think (not sure though) that julius II kicked leonardo out of rome just cause he wrote backwards and .... arhh screw it, i“ll post a link later .

salted onions
11-12-2010, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by glenneey:
Yep, cause the new pope's family were sworn enemys with the Borgia family http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

And i so hope Ezio kills Rodrigo Borgia , i want to beat the *peep peep peep peep peep with some peep and peep sauce* out of him then break his neck or something http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

Historically, Rodrigo is poisoned. So I doubt the head on encounter Cesare tried in the video will lead to his death. And actually, the pope that succeeded Rodrigo was only Pope from September 22, 1503, to October 18, 1503. THEN he was succeeded by Pope Julius II, an enemy of the Borgia, and who I'm guessing will be an ally to the assassins.

Mic_92
11-12-2010, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by glenneey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mic_92:

And i so hope Ezio kills Rodrigo Borgia , i want to beat the *peep peep peep peep peep with some peep and peep sauce* out of him then break his neck or something http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haha, if you hate him so much you should do a quick search on wikipedia to read how he actually died in real life and how his corpse looked like the next day. It's pretty disturbing but almost made me wish I could see it.

muzzyb
11-12-2010, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by childprodigy:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by muzzyb:
I think no.

Very constructive.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know, right?

an-assassin
11-12-2010, 10:53 AM
Well, I think hes going to kill him but I hope not. I WANNA KILL THE "BEEB" RODRIGO BORGIA. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif

SteelCity999
11-12-2010, 01:50 PM
The reason for the comment is that Rodrigo and Cesare did not see eye to eye on how to conquer all of Italy. Cesare was a loose cannon and his father got enraged at what and how he did things because either he didn't speak with him about it or changed the plans they had originally made together.

Another reason Cesare didn't and won't do it, was that both Rodrigo and Cesare became deathly ill at the same time and were both probably victims of the same scheme - which was probably a Rodrigo scheme backfiring. Cesare eventually pulled through it but Rodrigo did not.

NewBlade200
11-12-2010, 01:53 PM
Aww. Sounds like Rodrigo just wanted to talk with his son more http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

JonnyQuickShot
11-12-2010, 01:54 PM
I thought we abandoned historical accuracy about the same time we started talking to holograms in the basement of the Vatican, after having a punch-up with an overweight, old guy....

xcaliber0792
11-12-2010, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by JonnyQuickShot:
I thought we abandoned historical accuracy about the same time we started talking to holograms in the basement of the Vatican, after having a punch-up with an overweight, old guy....
Just because there is sci-fi in it doesnt mean it still can't be historically accurate. I mean if you really want to argue, we gave up the historical accuracy when Leonardo's flying machine actually worked.

AubreyWilborn
11-12-2010, 02:29 PM
I really hope Cesare doesn't kill Rodrigo. And, of course, as someone else said0the real Cesare was afflicted by the same affliction that killed Rodrigo.

Incidentally-for anyone interested-the real Rodrigo Borgia's last words were reported as " I hear you-I'm coming. But please wait a moment". I wonder how that would jive with the game?

CamoDawgzz
11-12-2010, 02:47 PM
Probably not, but if you look closly at that scene, just before it flashs to another you can see an apple in his hand, Not the AoE but just a Red Apple. I'm not sure he can do much damage with just an ordinary apple.

Justin125
11-12-2010, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by xcaliber0792:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JonnyQuickShot:
Just because there is sci-fi in it doesnt mean it still can't be historically accurate. I mean if you really want to argue, we gave up the historical accuracy when Leonardo's flying machine actually worked. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not really because it's not a flying machine more of a glider that uses thermal heat to lift it up as say a hot air balloon works..So it works it just takes alot of fires to keep up.

Drakonous505
11-12-2010, 03:34 PM
Burchard recorded the events that surrounded the death of the Pope. Cesare was preparing for another expedition in August 1503 when, after he and Alexander had dined with Cardinal Adriano da Corneto on August 6, they were taken ill with fever. Cesare had eventually recovered, but Alexander VI was too old to have any chance. According to Burchard, Alexander VI's stomach became swollen and turned to liquid, while his face became wine-colored and his skin began to peel off. Finally his stomach and bowels bled profusely. After more than a week of intestinal bleeding and convulsive fevers, and after accepting last rites and making a confession, the despairing Alexander VI died on 18 August 1503 at the age of 72. He is believed to have uttered the last words, "I'll come, I'll come. It's normal for you to call me. But wait a bit more," before his death.

His death was followed by scenes of wild disorder, and Cesare, too ill to attend to the business himself, sent Don Michelotto, his chief bravo, to seize the Pope's treasures before the death was publicly announced. When the body was exhibited to the people the next day it was in a shocking state of decomposition. Writing in his Liber Notarum, Burchard elaborates: "The face was very dark, the color of a dirty rag or a mulberry, and was covered all over with bruise-colored marks. The nose was swollen; the tongue had bent over in the mouth, completely double, and was pushing out the lips which were, themselves, swollen. The mouth was open and so ghastly that people who saw it said they had never seen anything like it before." It has been suggested that, having taken into account the unusual level of decomposition, Alexander VI was accidentally poisoned to death by his son with Cantarella (which was prepared to eliminate Cardinal Adriano), although some commentaries (including the Encyclopędia Britannica) doubt these stories and attribute Alexander's death to malaria, then prevalent in Rome, or to another such pestilence. The ambassador of Ferrara wrote to Duke Ercole that it was no wonder the pope and the duke were sick because nearly everyone in Rome was ill as because of bad air ("per la mala condictione de aere").[citation needed]
Burchard described how the Pope's mouth foamed like a kettle over a fire and how the body began to swell so much that it became as wide as it was long. The Venetian ambassador reported that Alexander VI's body was "the ugliest, most monstrous and horrible dead body that was ever seen, without any form or likeness of humanity".[14] Finally the body began to release sulphurous gasses from every orifice. Burchard records that he had to jump on the body to jam it into the undersized coffin and covered it with an old carpet, the only surviving furnishing in the room.[citation needed]
Such was Alexander VI's unpopularity that the priests of St. Peter's Basilica refused to accept the body for burial until forced to do so by papal staff. Only four prelates attended the Requiem Mass. Alexander's successor on the Throne of St. Peter, Francesco Todeschini-Piccolomini, who assumed the name of Pope Pius III (1503), forbade the saying of a Mass for the repose of Alexander VI's soul, saying, "It is blasphemous to pray for the damned". After a short stay, the body was removed from the crypts of St. Peter's and installed in a less well-known church, the Spanish national church of Santa Maria in Monserrato degli Spagnoli.[15]

Hmm interesting. I wonder with his dying breath if he was referring to a PoE?

dchil279
11-12-2010, 09:21 PM
The death of Rodrigo led to Cesare losing ALL of his influence (and in the AC world Ezio had a lot to do with it too). Pope Julius, who basically succeeded Alexander (there was another guy who died in like 2 months) was a Huge rival of the Borgias and disliked Cesare. There is no way he killed Rodrigo

tyrce111
11-12-2010, 11:01 PM
Warning: VERY GRAPHIC!

When the body was exhibited to the people the next day it was in a shocking state of decomposition. Writing in his Liber Notarum, Burchard elaborates: "The face was very dark, the color of a dirty rag or a mulberry, and was covered all over with bruise-colored marks. The nose was swollen; the tongue had bent over in the mouth, completely double, and was pushing out the lips which were, themselves, swollen. The mouth was open and so ghastly that people who saw it said they had never seen anything like it before." It has been suggested that, having taken into account the unusual level of decomposition, Alexander VI was accidentally poisoned to death by his son with Cantarella (which was prepared to eliminate Cardinal Adriano), although some commentaries (including the Encyclopędia Britannica) doubt these stories and attribute Alexander's death to malaria, then prevalent in Rome, or to another such pestilence. The ambassador of Ferrara wrote to Duke Ercole that it was no wonder the pope and the duke were sick because nearly everyone in Rome was ill as because of bad air ("per la mala condictione de aere").[citation needed]

Burchard described how the Pope's mouth foamed like a kettle over a fire and how the body began to swell so much that it became as wide as it was long. The Venetian ambassador reported that Alexander VI's body was "the ugliest, most monstrous and horrible dead body that was ever seen, without any form or likeness of humanity".[14] Finally the body began to release sulphurous gasses from every orifice. Burchard records that he had to jump on the body to jam it into the undersized coffin and covered it with an old carpet, the only surviving furnishing in the room.

I sure hope this isn't in ACB...

Darklarik
11-13-2010, 12:24 AM
He did raise up an bitten apple with what looked like the intent to chocke him.......... pause in 1:59

Skaevola
11-13-2010, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by tyrce111:
Warning: VERY GRAPHIC!

* gross stuff*
I sure hope this isn't in ACB...
I think we just might. After how they depicted the death of Francesco Salviati and Caterina Sforza's defence against Venice, it's clear that Ubisoft is taking the more explicit parts seriously http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif