PDA

View Full Version : who gonna win game of the year

pinkymullens
11-11-2009, 01:34 PM
hey everybody i just wana know who you think gonna win game of the year im betting a knife with my buddy that AC2 or Uncharted wins but he's pulling for MW2 and if there already a thread bout this im sorry peace and hair greace everybody http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

KitkatReturns
11-11-2009, 01:59 PM
After MW2's poor story and gameplay. And the online which is the only good part of it not working. I think I can see AC2 winning the award now.

Cryps1
11-11-2009, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by KitkatReturns:
After MW2's poor story and gameplay. And the online which is the only good part of it not working. I think I can see AC2 winning the award now.
Kitkat, I really wish that would be true. But i have a feeling that all the non intelligent mainstream children will still make Mw2 the winner here. I strongly hope for Mw2 to die a slow and painful death that may include some kind of poisons http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

drfeelgood8849
11-11-2009, 02:38 PM
YO i be thinkin MADDEN 10 FOR SHO. Yalls gonna be disspoined wen yo game ain not get it.

Hatzego
11-11-2009, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by drfeelgood8849:
YO i be thinkin MADDEN 10 FOR SHO. Yalls gonna be disspoined wen yo game ain not get it.

Fo shizzle... yo?

Damn, I'm so white...

Hade91
11-11-2009, 02:46 PM

I'd agree if Madden and NCAA wasn't just fodder for the mindless masses. That and the fact that I cannot stand football.

So, hopefully, you're joking.

Cjguy156
11-11-2009, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Cryps1:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KitkatReturns:
Kitkat, I really wish that would be true. But i have a feeling that all the non intelligent mainstream children will still make Mw2 the winner here. I strongly hope for Mw2 to die a slow and painful death that may include some kind of poisons http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Last game of the year was Fallout 3 correct? I thought it kind of deserved the spot. But I swear to god, I dont have Mw2 btw, but if what I hear about this online crap and bad storyline then I would be shocked if it won just because it was an anticpated title. Uncharted 2 and AC2 is easy for the spot cause Uncharted 2 has the best online and good story and gameplay while AC2 has well...cause its just AC2 lol...

>.> until it comes out

bornforhaze
11-11-2009, 02:47 PM
MW2 sold 1.23 mil in the UK on release date. If it dosent win GOTY then I'll eat some brown stuff...

Yep chocolate.

Hatzego
11-11-2009, 02:48 PM
Of course he is. The day a SPORTS game wins GOTY is the day that idiots will no longer exist.

Morf113
11-11-2009, 02:48 PM
I think AC2 as a clear winner, but they are also gonna shoot off Left 4 dead 2, but it are also like AC1 you are just gonna do the same thing over and over again. AC2 1 place Left 4 Dead 2 2 place Modern Warfare 2 3 place :-)

Hade91
11-11-2009, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Myke013:
Of course he is. The day a SPORTS game wins GOTY is the day that idiots will no longer exist.

You can never be so sure..

But, despite my having not played the game yet, my initial impressions say that AC2 is a likely contender.

amster1985
11-11-2009, 02:56 PM
Uncharted 2 is only for PS3 though. Usually GOTY is multi-console game. As well, despite COD's weaker storyline, it still got some solid reviews so don't doubt it. My bet is on AC 2 or MW2, unless there's a surprise twist. Those tend to sometimes happen.

An_Idea
11-11-2009, 03:04 PM
i gotta say i was a bit dissapointed with MW2, i mean the multiplayer was fun and all but the story was short http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

@bornforhaze just because it sells a lot doesnt mean it will get GOTY, its more the fact of how hyped up it was. GOTY's are chosen for how good they are not how much they sell http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

AnotherJonSmith
11-11-2009, 03:06 PM
Last game of the year was Fallout 3 correct? I thought it kind of deserved the spot. But I swear to god, I dont have Mw2 btw, but if what I hear about this online crap and bad storyline then I would be shocked if it won just because it was an anticpated title. Uncharted 2 and AC2 is easy for the spot cause Uncharted 2 has the best online and good story and gameplay while AC2 has well...cause its just AC2 lol...

>.> until it comes out

I thought last year's was GTAIV.

Well, after playing mindless hours of MW2... I'm hooked. Story isn't... crap, it's just really really short. And I don't know what people are saying about the multiplayer, it's probably one of the best out there. Well, I think it is, minus the screaming 11 year olds.

pinkymullens
11-11-2009, 03:06 PM
YO i be thinkin MADDEN 10 FOR SHO. Yalls gonna be disspoined wen yo game ain not get it. ive never heard anything more stupid r u speaking english lol sounds like a wana be

pinkymullens
11-11-2009, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by AnotherJonSmith:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

>.> until it comes out

I thought last year's was GTAIV.

Well, after playing mindless hours of MW2... I'm hooked. Story isn't... crap, it's just really really short. And I don't know what people are saying about the multiplayer, it's probably one of the best out there. Well, I think it is, minus the screaming 11 year olds. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>no game of the year was fable 2

bornforhaze
11-11-2009, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by An_Idea:
i gotta say i was a bit dissapointed with MW2, i mean the multiplayer was fun and all but the story was short http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

@bornforhaze just because it sells a lot doesnt mean it will get GOTY, its more the fact of how hyped up it was. GOTY's are chosen for how good they are not how much they sell http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif yeah I know what you say but the crazy amount of hype would seem weird if it didn't get GOTY also it has got good reviews 9.5 from IGN.

drfeelgood8849
11-11-2009, 03:21 PM
The game I'm honestly rooting for is Dragon Age: Origins. The story is very well paced and the gameplay is incredibly satisfying especially for someone who loved KOTOR. Although, I assume game of the year will inevitably turn out to be MW2
or preferably Uncharted 2(between the two anyways). I'm curious as to how anyone could have taken that first post seriously though? I'm positive if all of anyone's posts were like that they wouldn't last more than a few days here.

bimbocakes
11-11-2009, 03:27 PM
I'm rooting for AC2 just because I'm a fan but I really think MW2 or Uncharted 2 will take it

caswallawn_2k7
11-11-2009, 03:30 PM
I'm all for L4D 2 taking it, but chances are due to sales and the name MW2 will take it.

dogenzaka
11-11-2009, 03:41 PM
First of all, Game of the Year is not a universal award. Many different agencies, companies, review sites, and award organizations have "Game of the Year" awards and different games win them from different places for different reasons. If you want to say who won the most last year, though, for example, it would be LittleBigPlanet who won like 30 Game of the Year awards + Interactive Software awards + BAFTA, etc.

This year, I think multiplayer GOTY will go to Left 4 Dead 2, single-player will go to Uncharted 2, and MW2 and AC2 will be runner-ups in those categories.

AC2's single player is not the level of polish that Uncharted 2 is at, and Left 4 Dead 2's multiplayer was already heralded last year for being absolutely incredible and addictive, so since it's even better this year I can see it winning.

bimbocakes
11-11-2009, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by dogenzaka:
First of all, Game of the Year is not a universal award. Many different agencies, companies, review sites, and award organizations have "Game of the Year" awards and different games win them from different places for different reasons. If you want to say who won the most last year, though, for example, it would be LittleBigPlanet who won like 30 Game of the Year awards + Interactive Software awards + BAFTA, etc.

This year, I think multiplayer GOTY will go to Left 4 Dead 2, single-player will go to Uncharted 2, and MW2 and AC2 will be runner-ups in those categories.

AC2's single player is not the level of polish that Uncharted 2 is at, and Left 4 Dead 2's multiplayer was already heralded last year for being absolutely incredible and addictive, so since it's even better this year I can see it winning.

Agreed http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif but I think we should wait to play AC2. A lot of people thought MW2 was surely going to be a perfect game and it's got some flaws...aparently I can't really judge something I haven't played myself, maybe actually playing AC2 will surprise us, I can recall countless times I see a game with a low score and ends up being really good

l Khasim l
11-11-2009, 04:47 PM
MW2, AC2, Uncharted 2 or Left 4 Dead 2 (a handful of sequels, eh?).
Which one will it be is actually going to depend on the people who choose the GOTY.

Reviews are SUBJECTIVE, so it's IMPOSSIBLE that one game is going to be "the best of the best of the best". I, for example, feel no attraction to Left 4 Dead 2 (seriously, fighting hordes of zombies over and over and over and over.... and over again?) or Modern Warfare 2 (Infinity Ward doesn't deserve it, not after what they've done to the PC version), so if I was to choose the GOTY it would be either Uncharted 2 or AC 2. I haven't played AC 2 and I'm in about 40% of progress in Uncharted 2 atm so I can't decide.

The only thing that is sure is that all these games will sell in BIG numbers. Especially MW2 and AC2.

ProjectXigis
11-11-2009, 04:50 PM
It's a cross between Uncharted and Assassin's Creed II for me. Tried UC and loved it, though I have to say... I will be addicted to ACII when it comes out, and vanish until I beat the storyline.

tdi10
11-11-2009, 06:56 PM
AC2 won't win, i'm not saying that ac2 is bad but when it is compared to uncharted i think uncharted would win, and because of the huge amount of fans and people who bought it MW2 would win. The guy above me MW2 story is not awesome as the first one's storlyline but there is alot of plot twists and there is more fun sequences like when you are in the fevela you fail to grab onto the edge of the roof and then you have to outrun the miltia and then you grab onto a helicopter ladder, very cinematic and the online is very fun. Ac2 will probably have a better story but the people care more about how much you will get for 60 bucks.

the amolang
11-11-2009, 07:15 PM
I've been thinking that MW2 would get the award, but now after hearing more about the game I really doubt it. Uncharted 2 is the most likely contestant to win, as everyone has been saying its fricken crazy awesome in so many ways. the runner up will probably be ac2. I'm hoping ac2 will get some awards in best of the genre awards, which is likely (like perhaps best soundtrack or something like that, or adventure game, or best renaissance free running assassin game http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif ) If Uncharted 2 didn't come out this year ac2 would probably be the winner. but I think some other nominees will be batman: AA, Borderlands and Halo ODST. all three which I don't care too much about...

AC2 FTW!!!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Mcmole2
11-11-2009, 11:30 PM
If single player accounted improvement from the first game, then MW2 would be out, as the campaign was much shorter, along with the fact that the "oh crap" moments in the game are overused. Uncharted 2, while I haven't played the game as I'm a 360 guy, I've heard that it's a better game than the first. Will have to wait 5 more days to see about AC2, but from what I'm hearing, it will be a massive improvement. Ubisoft, don't let me down! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif ODST, I doubt it will get anywhere beyond thinking about it, as the game was a letdown for a lot of people.

Multiplayer-wise, MW2 is a massive improvement. That game improves upon everything, but if you're a noob to the game, you're done, you're going nowhere online.

Overall, I think it will be a tie between UC2, AC2, and MW2 (apparently the 2nd game in a franchise does well). I would have to wait until AC2 comes out to cast my vote between MW2 and AC2.

Azugo
11-12-2009, 12:37 AM
As much as I want Assassin's Creed II to win, I think Uncharted 2 will win.
However, I wouldn't be surprised if Assassin's Creed II does win. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Assassin_Kat
11-12-2009, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by Morf113:
I think AC2 as a clear winner, but they are also gonna shoot off Left 4 dead 2, but it are also like AC1 you are just gonna do the same thing over and over again. AC2 1 place Left 4 Dead 2 2 place Modern Warfare 2 3 place :-)

I agree with this, it is the result I would prefer to see. I love both L4D and Assassin's Creed, I'm so glad there were sequels [insert fangirlish squeal]

Iskander_Estel
11-12-2009, 01:23 AM
best renaissance free running assassin game http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

LOL http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif surely is going to win this one http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

FROGGEman2
11-12-2009, 01:49 AM
Unchartered 2. I doubt many people will love AC2 to the degree they love their shooters.

ACII_Addicted
11-12-2009, 05:54 AM
Well , if you want my opinion , ACII should take the first place in GOTY because of the FREEDOM in doing ANYTHING you want with what you have , and the variety to do so. I actually don't know why people like Call of Duty ... it's a very specific game ... get your weapon go to a restricted map and do as you command. No choice to refuse , nothing compared to the FREEDOM of ACII, and for a gamer being restricted ... well i guess you could say it's not the best. I haven't played Uncharted 2 so i can't compare ACII with it , but i have a feeling that ACII will suprise us , in the good way , when it comes to GOTY.

the amolang
11-12-2009, 06:01 AM
Originally posted by ACII_Addicted:
Well , if you want my opinion , ACII should take the first place in GOTY because of the FREEDOM in doing ANYTHING you want with what you have , and the variety to do so. I actually don't know why people like Call of Duty ... it's a very specific game ... get your weapon go to a restricted map and do as you command. No choice to refuse , nothing compared to the FREEDOM of ACII, and for a gamer being restricted ... well i guess you could say it's not the best. I haven't played Uncharted 2 so i can't compare ACII with it , but i have a feeling that ACII will suprise us , in the good way , when it comes to GOTY.

hmmm, I see it the same way as you do, about freedom in the game, but sometimes people want to be told what to do and when in a game. I have a friend that hates open world games because he can't just continue the action when he wants too, instead he has to drive/walk/etc. to the next mission or phase of the game. call of duty puts you right in the action quickly. no waiting around. I like open world games soo much better (as long as its implemented well) but thats also just my opinion, I do enjoy Call of Duty at times though as well. so it might be obviously better to us, but the game has to be rated and compared against games of its own genre and style, so you can't compare ac2 with a fps.

ACII_Addicted
11-12-2009, 07:27 AM
I absolutely understand you mate. The thing is , in my opinion and from my personal life's experience , is that people who play games like CoD because they don't like free roaming , are not even "Gamers". I know this might sound weird... and i am sure a lot would disagree (i'm always expressing my opnion) but GOTY title should be given to the game that most "Gamers" like and not just people, because they can't actually judge a game. After all , it won't be kids playing ACII but mostly teenagers and adults, but CoD will be played by anyone, like counter strike. I know a 6 year old boy who plays Counter Striker...

nicky117
11-12-2009, 08:22 AM
i'm gonna play ac2, and i'm 10

the amolang
11-12-2009, 08:35 AM
wow, a bit young you think? it is M, or fifteen + ....

Hade91
11-12-2009, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by amolang:

M is 17 and up, I believe. So, yeah, 10 is a little young.

That being said, I still remember playing and watching my brother play GTA III when it came out. I think I was around that age.

ACII_Addicted
11-12-2009, 10:20 AM
Well obviously this game attracts a lot of people. Although i do not agree with the small age because they are unable to understand the plot , and so they play just for "blood". Which of course is one of teh best features in this game , but it's not the point. I don't say you shouldn't play it ... just remember when you grow up a bit to replay all of AC games so that you can better understand what is really going on. We don't want people to think AC is for sikkos do we? :P

Hade91
11-12-2009, 11:02 AM
Well obviously this game attracts a lot of people. Although i do not agree with the small age because they are unable to understand the plot , and so they play just for "blood". Which of course is one of teh best features in this game , but it's not the point. I don't say you shouldn't play it ... just remember when you grow up a bit to replay all of AC games so that you can better understand what is really going on. We don't want people to think AC is for sikkos do we? :P

I agree one hundred percent. I've found that when replaying games I use to play in my youth, I saw things with more clarity.

kingbren08
11-12-2009, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by dogenzaka:
First of all, Game of the Year is not a universal award. Many different agencies, companies, review sites, and award organizations have "Game of the Year" awards and different games win them from different places for different reasons. If you want to say who won the most last year, though, for example, it would be LittleBigPlanet who won like 30 Game of the Year awards + Interactive Software awards + BAFTA, etc. many websites give out GOTY but only one game gets a goty edition per year

KZarr
11-12-2009, 01:23 PM
Wow, people in this thread talk as if MW2 is only selling because of it's name.

I wouldn't be surprised if it becomes GOTY, it really deserves it, tough I'm praying for AC2.

ACII_Addicted
11-12-2009, 02:58 PM
"Deserve it"??? Even if you could imagine... Assassin's Creed 1 was ok , lacked of variety and poor mission structure. In ACII they not only fixed that , but also put a LOT more stuff... in Call of Duty series especially from Modern Warfare they did nothing special , just change the storyline. NO improvements! It really deserves it only for the name and for the previous succeses, not because they did a good job on it and worked hard about it.

nicky117
11-12-2009, 04:16 PM
Well obviously this game attracts a lot of people. Although i do not agree with the small age because they are unable to understand the plot , and so they play just for "blood".:P
i understand the plot very well

caswallawn_2k7
11-12-2009, 04:42 PM
Wow, people in this thread talk as if MW2 is only selling because of it's name.
the majority of the hype around it (before the game was even shown) was because of the name and the majority of people reviewing it always bring up how good the franchise is.

certain games sell because of a name, CoD/MW2 is one of those game's. it doesn't sell for what is in the game as the mindless drones will go out and buy the game even if they are told nothing about it because of the last game.

for a good example of this look at the console's, the majority of the people who had a PS1 moved onto a PS2, the majority of people who had a Xbox got a 360, the majority of people who have the PS3 had a PS2. thing'from big brands sell because they liked what came before it not because the new game is good. looks at GTA or metal gear games.

AnotherJonSmith
11-12-2009, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by caswallawn_2k7:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Wow, people in this thread talk as if MW2 is only selling because of it's name.
the majority of the hype around it (before the game was even shown) was because of the name and the majority of people reviewing it always bring up how good the franchise is.

certain games sell because of a name, CoD/MW2 is one of those game's. it doesn't sell for what is in the game as the mindless drones will go out and buy the game even if they are told nothing about it because of the last game.

for a good example of this look at the console's, the majority of the people who had a PS1 moved onto a PS2, the majority of people who had a Xbox got a 360, the majority of people who have the PS3 had a PS2. thing'from big brands sell because they liked what came before it not because the new game is good. looks at GTA or metal gear games. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

With that logic you could say people will buy AC2 because of AC1. With that logic you could say that about any sequel game, or any game that came from a developer with a reputation. I'm sure mindless drones will also buy AC2 because of AC1. Hell, I would have still bought it without learning about AC2 at all.

If MW2 gets GotY I think it would deserve it. If anything, it's hype works against the GotY award, due to that fact it might not live up to all of the hype.

craxe
11-12-2009, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by AnotherJonSmith:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by caswallawn_2k7:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Wow, people in this thread talk as if MW2 is only selling because of it's name.

for a good example of this look at the console's, the majority of the people who had a PS1 moved onto a PS2, the majority of people who had a Xbox got a 360, the majority of people who have the PS3 had a PS2. thing'from big brands sell because they liked what came before it not because the new game is good. looks at GTA or metal gear games. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

With that logic you could say people will buy AC2 because of AC1. With that logic you could say that about any sequel game, or any game that came from a developer with a reputation. I'm sure mindless drones will also buy AC2 because of AC1. Hell, I would have still bought it without learning about AC2 at all.

If MW2 gets GotY I think it would deserve it. If anything, it's hype works against the GotY award, due to that fact it might not live up to all of the hype. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually most of the people i know AREN'T buying Assassin's Creed 2 because of the repetitiveness of the last game and they're all too lazy to go look up AC2. But they ARE buying COD MW2 because they liked the last game, even though i have pointed out to them that number 2 is just a rehash, which they have admitted.

caswallawn_2k7
11-12-2009, 05:08 PM
the point is CoD is a much bigger franchise that has been running much longer meaning it has picked up more mindless drones. they just need to make their version of the saturn/N64 to show how many people are using the franchise for anything more than it's past name.

if the CoD franchise made a rubbish game the next game would sell terrible no matter how good they could show the next game. AC may be a sequel so will take some momentum from the original, but the fact is not everywhere said AC1 was that great and it did have quite prominent fault's that would put people off.

AC2 has probably made more of it's sales from showing off the fact they have enhanced the parts of the game where the problems were, they are already saying the pre-orders are up 80% on the original game, also if you pay attention to the forum's there have been a number of people here asking about AC2 who never played the original game.

Azugo
11-12-2009, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by Hade91:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by amolang:

M is 17 and up, I believe. So, yeah, 10 is a little young.

That being said, I still remember playing and watching my brother play GTA III when it came out. I think I was around that age. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In Australia, there's ratings like; M, M15+, and MA15+. o_O
Most of the games get MA15+ for Australia...

People are saying that AC2 is the best open-world experience since GTAIV!

TyronLeRoy
11-12-2009, 06:08 PM
Some people should come out of denial.
AC2 will probably not win Game Of The Year.
It MIGHT just win 'best storyline' since MGS isn't out this year, but who knows.

As far as the ultimate game of the year:
Modern Warfare 2.
The game just hit 7 million copies on it's first day. 7 million!
I know some games that don't even sell 7 million *cough cough*.

Besides, Infinity Ward took everything from the first game and injected some PCP into it. It's a hellride front to back and despite being short and somewhat limited, the game packs a hard punch times 7 million.

Prol33tariat
11-12-2009, 06:19 PM
yeah MW2 is a dead ring.....OH WAIT FIFA 10 is the fastest selling game in history in all countries, and thats more than 50....so booyah...its fifa 10 for sure, just based on numbers since its been released fifa 10 has sold over 25 million units.

fifa 10 had over 500,000 preorders confirmed in october, and sold 3 million first day of european release, a month later in north and south America it added another 7 million.

based on the money its fifa 10

BleedingEffect3
11-12-2009, 07:10 PM
i want AC2 to win, but MW2 i think is gonna win.
the storyline isnt too bad...it was short, but the ending was pretty sweet.
and it felt good when i nailed shephard in the face with a knife. i like multiplayer too

salted onions
11-12-2009, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by BleedingEffect3:
i want AC2 to win, but MW2 i think is gonna win.
the storyline isnt too bad...it was short, but the ending was pretty sweet.
and it felt good when i nailed shephard in the face with a knife. i like multiplayer too

THANKS. Even if this is an AC2 forum, spoilers are still spoilers... put a spoiler tag next time when you talk about the storyline of games.

BleedingEffect3
11-12-2009, 07:34 PM
anytime...
and it was pretty predictable....kinda cliche? i mean it happened in AC1 too...hehe

DimmuB0rgir
11-12-2009, 09:05 PM
I am definitely backing AC2 now. MW2 was shockingly average for what was being billed as the game of the decade, let alone year.

Its CoD4 with a map pack and some extra guns. However I have no faith in the gaming/review community, FPS games always win.

the amolang
11-12-2009, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by DimmuB0rgir:
I am definitely backing AC2 now. MW2 was shockingly average for what was being billed as the game of the decade, let alone year.

Its CoD4 with a map pack and some extra guns. However I have no faith in the gaming/review community, FPS games always win.

exactly, for what it was EXPECTED to be its actually quite a disappointment for some, but its still a good shooter, just not as good as people hoped.

I have hope in AC2 but I really don't care too much if it doesn't win many awards because its still going to get "Amolang's Flippin Game of the Flippin Year Award!" http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

dd22cowboys
11-12-2009, 09:17 PM

What do you expect? FPS's only can have so much variation. The gameplay is solid, what they added only improved on MW1's greatness. Yeah its not like groundbreaking but neither is AC2. Infact AC2's graphics are looking a bit shabby, but the story and setting more than makeup for it.. AC2 is my choice but i dont think it will win.

[QUOTE]
exactly, for what it was EXPECTED to be its actually quite a disappointment for some, but its still a good shooter, just not as good as people hoped.
[QUOTE]

You may be right it didnt live up to all its hype, that being said its still probably the best shooter ever made. Gameplay wise.

Mizh00
11-12-2009, 10:45 PM
I find it funny that people are saying AC2 when you haven't even played the game, then saying that MW2 is crap, and only thrived due to hype. Not that I expect anything else on an AC board, but, really now?

Anyway.. I'll toss my vote in for Uncharted 2.

the amolang
11-12-2009, 10:49 PM
We are not putting MW2 down, we are just putting our opinions out there. Most of us hope AC2 will win, but we all are pretty sure it won't. (and some of us have played the game)

btw, you should expect people to say ac2 is going to win. we are on the official ac forums after all... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Mcmole2
11-12-2009, 11:03 PM
I would absolutely love AC2 to win GoTY, but MW2 is looking like it's going to win. I personally boycotted the game after a lot of the stunts pulled by Infinity Ward and Activision, and did sign that petition. However, if you go look at that petition now, a lot of people that signed it are playing MW2, so that petition meant absolutely nothing. The game looks so good, but I promised to boycott it, so I'm staying with it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

nicky117
11-13-2009, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by BleedingEffect3:

and it felt good when i nailed shephard in the face with a knife. it felt goood too, *SPOILER* after he stabs you and fights captain price and killed ghost and roach, it felt as if i was a young lad again, wait, i'm still a young lad

Backadd
11-13-2009, 08:34 AM
I think AC2 or L4D 2 will win. (Or Fallout 3 game of the year edition http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif)

caswallawn_2k7
11-13-2009, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by Mcmole2:
I would absolutely love AC2 to win GoTY, but MW2 is looking like it's going to win. I personally boycotted the game after a lot of the stunts pulled by Infinity Ward and Activision, and did sign that petition. However, if you go look at that petition now, a lot of people that signed it are playing MW2, so that petition meant absolutely nothing. The game looks so good, but I promised to boycott it, so I'm staying with it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif
I'm betting the same will happen with the one for L4D2. people are quick enough to sign petitions but when it comes to taking action they have no balls.

the amolang
11-13-2009, 08:46 AM

good for you man! keep your promises! (I'm glad that some people still do... cause it seems that so many are not nowadays...) http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Prol33tariat
11-13-2009, 09:25 AM
i still say FIFA 10, 25 million units in less than two full months cannot be wrong

El_Sjietah
11-13-2009, 09:38 AM
Why do people keep insisting that # of copies sold = quality?

It's the same mindset that made Activision millions on an overhyped product. "Everyone says it's gonna be awesome, so it must be true!!"

Lesson of life: The masses are ******ed.

Prol33tariat
11-13-2009, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by El_Sjietah:

It's the same mindset that made Activision millions on an overhyped product. "Everyone says it's gonna be awesome, so it must be true!!"

trust me im with you there, if you wanna go on actual content my vote still remains, none cast, as nothing this year was amazing....

but based on money, Which really, makes all the decisions....come on. Fifa put down its competition, and basically every other game this year in sales, beat madden, which is huge for an ea game, produced in over 50 different languages...so, based on that, and the fact it has recieved only praise as " the best and only authentic football simulation ever" is enough for me to call that the smart money bet.

And really whom cares what those glorified urban outfitters employees on g-4 say anyways, they are such tools they are almost transparent, what do they watch diablo cody movies before each segment for inspiration?

and everything they say tells me they would vote for dragon age or ratchet and clank.

Bah to them, go grow up, i really do detest how they have made this zeitgeist of "video gamer" into this d bag college kid smart butt stereotype....how about the oxford educated polyglots, who actually want to see someone whom is gonna content on the actual games workings than what internet video can best be used to describe their undoubted consternation when trying to form an independent thought....

...what rant...?

Mcmole2
11-13-2009, 11:12 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mcmole2:
I'm betting the same will happen with the one for L4D2. people are quick enough to sign petitions but when it comes to taking action they have no balls. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What's this with a petition for LFD2? That seems odd. I was unaware people didn't like the game. I'm guessing something with the PC version? Or maybe Australian?

younas456
11-13-2009, 12:04 PM
i know one thing that 2010 just cause 2 is going to be a winner http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif haha lol i think ac2 actually

Backadd
11-13-2009, 12:51 PM
Hmm, i wanna edit my guess, AC 2, L4D2 or Dragon age origins http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
ooh yes... fallout 3 game of the year edition still have a chance http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

caswallawn_2k7
11-13-2009, 01:52 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by caswallawn_2k7:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mcmole2:
I'm betting the same will happen with the one for L4D2. people are quick enough to sign petitions but when it comes to taking action they have no balls. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What's this with a petition for LFD2? That seems odd. I was unaware people didn't like the game. I'm guessing something with the PC version? Or maybe Australian? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
there is a petition of people supposedly not getting L4D2 (it's a steam group) because they feel it should of just been patched into the original game and they are also complaining that the second game is coming out only a year after the first.

AnotherJonSmith
11-13-2009, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Prol33tariat:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by El_Sjietah:

trust me im with you there, if you wanna go on actual content my vote still remains, none cast, as nothing this year was amazing....

but based on money, Which really, makes all the decisions....come on. Fifa put down its competition, and basically every other game this year in sales, beat madden, which is huge for an ea game, produced in over 50 different languages...so, based on that, and the fact it has recieved only praise as " the best and only authentic football simulation ever" is enough for me to call that the smart money bet.

And really whom cares what those glorified urban outfitters employees on g-4 say anyways, they are such tools they are almost transparent, what do they watch diablo cody movies before each segment for inspiration?

and everything they say tells me they would vote for dragon age or ratchet and clank.

Bah to them, go grow up, i really do detest how they have made this zeitgeist of "video gamer" into this d bag college kid smart butt stereotype....how about the oxford educated polyglots, who actually want to see someone whom is gonna content on the actual games workings than what internet video can best be used to describe their undoubted consternation when trying to form an independent thought....

...what rant...? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Seconded! Especially about the G4 thing, haha.

Not only FIFA '10 sold 25million copies, but it's actually a pretty nice game (for the soccer game...).

Mcmole2
11-13-2009, 02:20 PM

What's this with a petition for LFD2? That seems odd. I was unaware people didn't like the game. I'm guessing something with the PC version? Or maybe Australian? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
there is a petition of people supposedly not getting L4D2 (it's a steam group) because they feel it should of just been patched into the original game and they are also complaining that the second game is coming out only a year after the first. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, well I can sorta see that, but I think that the sequel looks much better, along with better features. Yeah, they should have patched stuff into LFD and waited another year, but I'm not complaining haha.

yayforstealth
11-13-2009, 03:15 PM
MW2 will win.

SoloT4
11-13-2009, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by yayforstealth:
MW2 will win.

I want AC2, dragonage, or something that is unique to win. MW2 is just another shooting game to me, they're all the same. this one is just more famous (just like ipods(not counting the "touch") and mp3 players)

El_Sjietah
11-13-2009, 07:40 PM
People generally value fame over quality. It's part of the entire "I need to be part of a group" mentallity. Being part of something makes most people happier than being surrounded by stuff that suits their tastes. Sad, but true.

Justin-x
11-13-2009, 10:00 PM
In my personal opinion, I think it will be a match with AC2 vs Uncharted 2

But I would really like it to be a match of L4D2 vs AC2 since I love both of these games http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/inlove.gif

@El_Sjietah, unfortunately many games get awards based on # of units sold or how much $ it got but I have faith that the fans will choose wisely this year http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

ProjectXigis
11-13-2009, 10:12 PM

there is a petition of people supposedly not getting L4D2 (it's a steam group) because they feel it should of just been patched into the original game and they are also complaining that the second game is coming out only a year after the first. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, well I can sorta see that, but I think that the sequel looks much better, along with better features. Yeah, they should have patched stuff into LFD and waited another year, but I'm not complaining haha. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can't believe a set number of people are boycotting L4D2. I just played the demo (Literally, JUST.) and I have to say that it's an extremely fun game. They added SO MUCH more content, that's it would be sorta ridiculous to make it DLC. I might even buy it, after I play AC2 and try to get the first L4D...

ACII_Addicted
11-13-2009, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by Ezio2.0:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by yayforstealth:
MW2 will win.

I want AC2, dragonage, or something that is unique to win. MW2 is just another shooting game to me, they're all the same. this one is just more famous (just like ipods(not counting the "touch") and mp3 players) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In my opinion , you are absolutely right. There soooooo many FPS games , and CoD is just the most famous out there. Assassin's Creed is one of a kind :O ...

Does anybody know btw when the GoTY will be given? i mean the date ? Is it in 2009 or 2010 ? :S i never really cared about it , until now :P

ScarletVice
11-14-2009, 12:16 AM
Arkham Asylum OR AC II OR Bayonetta.
Well it allready is out in Japan.

EzioAssassin51
11-14-2009, 12:25 AM
Probably AC2 or MW2! Both are highly anticipated and seem to be very good games!