PDA

View Full Version : Questions????

lindy01
11-30-2004, 08:52 PM
I have never played any of the previous products in this series, just not that interested in playing non american air forces.

I loved CF2 and many other sims. I tried to get into to Lock On but is was soooooo buggy.

The reviews of this sim are ify some good some bad.....most were from its non-patched state.

Anyhow my questions....

1. Is it stable?
2. The time compression thingy.....is there a way to speed up time, until I reach the next action?
3. Are there many people playing only the PF game online as opposed to the full series....I only want the get PF but if no one is out there then.............???

Thanks in advance!!!

lindy01
11-30-2004, 08:52 PM
I have never played any of the previous products in this series, just not that interested in playing non american air forces.

I loved CF2 and many other sims. I tried to get into to Lock On but is was soooooo buggy.

The reviews of this sim are ify some good some bad.....most were from its non-patched state.

Anyhow my questions....

1. Is it stable?
2. The time compression thingy.....is there a way to speed up time, until I reach the next action?
3. Are there many people playing only the PF game online as opposed to the full series....I only want the get PF but if no one is out there then.............???

Thanks in advance!!!

Athosd
11-30-2004, 09:07 PM
1. Is it stable?

Yes

Yes - normal time acceleration is 2x, 4x or 8x. There is also a 'time skip' function that blacks out the screen and goes as fast as your PC will allow (disengages at waypoints and enemy contact). However unlike other titles there is no 'teleport to the action' key - this is due to all units in the mission being plotted and controlled (they don't blink into existance when you reach a certain spot).

That one I'm not sure about, there ought to be quite a few, though not as numerous as the combo setups - doubtless another helpful soul will drop in let you know.

Cheers

Athos

Takata_
11-30-2004, 09:10 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I have never played any of the previous products in this series, just not that interested in playing non american air forces. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

- You can play american air forces with Forgotten Battles + AEP (Europe 43-45).

- other answer are, yes, no, no... but FB+AEP+PF is much better than PF stand-alone.

lindy01
11-30-2004, 09:47 PM
Thanks for the answers so far....1 yes for time compression....1 no???

The FB/AE is only $19 so I will get it also.

Athosd
11-30-2004, 10:17 PM
Time compression is in there - as I described above. Takata was probably refering to the absence of the "waypoint teleport" used in some other sims.

With FB+AEP+PF you will have 249 aircraft, 174 flyable and 73 AI from a wide range of nationalities across the eastern and western fronts.
There are quite a few flyable US types in the FB+AEP mix - P51, P47, P38, P40, P39, P63, B239, YP80 as well as bunches of other types to shoot down http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Salute

Athos

lindy01
11-30-2004, 10:21 PM
Thanks again....one last question.

Are the graphics as good in the older games as in the PF?

I have a 6800GT, and a 3.2ghz P4...I love those screen shots, lots of detail.

Athosd
11-30-2004, 10:32 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lindy01:
Thanks again....one last question.

Are the graphics as good in the older games as in the PF?

I have a 6800GT, and a 3.2ghz P4...I love those screen shots, lots of detail. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're most welcome - the graphics in the original FB+AEP are of the same standard as PF (plenty of eye candy to make your rig work hard).
When you add PF as an expansion the whole environment (terrain, water, effects) is brought up to the new version.

You may find that some of the cockpits vary in quality - though even the most humble still have good servicable (and accurate) graphics. So the variance here is from fair to excellent with the vast majority being the later.