PDA

View Full Version : Offensive Smoke

AlphaAltair
05-14-2011, 01:12 AM
What do you guys think of using smoke bombs to help you kill in mp?

I don't often do it myself (TBH I'll do it if it's a 2x or a persistant roof camper)but I just had a couple of games where this one guy did it for just about every single kill, to top it off he didn't even go for the focus. God it was annoying!

Personally, I think it's a pretty cheap tactic but I'm curious what all you guys think as it does happen a bit. Does it rank up there with constant running and roof camping as an alternative for skill or is it a good way to wring another 150pts out of a kill?

TLDR: Smoke then kill/poison= cheap or not?

AntiChrist7
05-14-2011, 01:41 AM
well use smoke for focus is pretty stupid in my opinion, cause a stun is 200 points. Unless offcours you can get greater variety with it.

I find it cheap to poison people when they make a kill...

PhiIs1618033
05-14-2011, 06:44 AM
It's alright with a score 2x, because it allows you to get focus, which is 300 extra points and also hidden, which is 400 extra points. Those 700 points can make the difference.
For normal kills, I only do it if I'm in a tight spot and I really need the 350 extra poins.

GunnarGunderson
05-14-2011, 07:46 AM
I think smoke bombs are a cheap and cowardly excuse for not being any good, I had someone smoke bomb me and poison me and get 1240 points because the game considered it a stealthy kill

arkadye
05-14-2011, 08:16 AM
If someone offensively smoke bombs you, you can either counter-smoke (if you a) have SB available or b) spot them in time) but ultimately it costs the offender one minute of reload time during which they can't defend themselves.

It is a poor tactic, but it's costing them point in the long run, so I wouldn't worry. It makes them easier to beat, and if they were able to smoke you, they probably would have got the kill anyway, so don't worry about it.

Oatkeeper
05-14-2011, 09:40 PM
I only do it in Assassinate (and only if i have Rapid Reload) cuase of the chance that I get targeted first, then I can stun and focus kill or poison kill with minimal risk.

in Wanted I typically run Morph becuase I find the lure points more valuable since I can go through 2-3 clones witout revealing myself.

GamerMayron
05-15-2011, 03:53 AM
Btw: I hope they remove the smoke (grenades?), because you can do the same with the bombs...

And there is then 1 space free for another weapon.

Also, about that offensive smokes, I dont think that's a really good idea.
You can use other bombs to do this job! And offensive smokes sounds to me like gas grenades http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

TorQue1988
05-15-2011, 04:09 AM
Originally posted by GamerMayron:
Btw: I hope they remove the smoke (grenades?), because you can do the same with the bombs...

And there is then 1 space free for another weapon.

Also, about that offensive smokes, I dont think that's a really good idea.
You can use other bombs to do this job! And offensive smokes sounds to me like gas grenades http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif
It has been confirmed in the GameInformer article that bomb crafting will replace the smoke bombs,and probably the empty space in the weapon wheel will be filled by the bombs.