PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one having install probs?

XyZspineZyX
11-11-2003, 01:29 PM
I downloaded the RC1 and RC2 zips and unzipped them over my 1.11 version of FB, with the result that FB was not able to start up after that. When I execute the il2fb.exe virtually nothing happens.

2 minutes before I was applying the patch, I was flying online - so my previous installation was working perfect!

OK - I then uninstalled FB. Installed a fresh version from the CDs, applied the 1.11 patches (first the bigger 1.11b, secondly the minor 1.11) and finally RC1 and RC2 again -> same result!! What the heck is going wrong here?

I checked the setttings in the Il2Setup - they were OK.

I have been patching IL2 since the first days, so this is not some kind of newbie problem with wrong installation directory etc......

I am on Win XP PRO, DirectX 9 (running OpenGL though), ATI Radeon card.

TIA.

Regards,

Heine

XyZspineZyX
11-11-2003, 01:29 PM
I downloaded the RC1 and RC2 zips and unzipped them over my 1.11 version of FB, with the result that FB was not able to start up after that. When I execute the il2fb.exe virtually nothing happens.

2 minutes before I was applying the patch, I was flying online - so my previous installation was working perfect!

OK - I then uninstalled FB. Installed a fresh version from the CDs, applied the 1.11 patches (first the bigger 1.11b, secondly the minor 1.11) and finally RC1 and RC2 again -> same result!! What the heck is going wrong here?

I checked the setttings in the Il2Setup - they were OK.

I have been patching IL2 since the first days, so this is not some kind of newbie problem with wrong installation directory etc......

I am on Win XP PRO, DirectX 9 (running OpenGL though), ATI Radeon card.

TIA.

Regards,

Heine

XyZspineZyX
11-11-2003, 01:49 PM
This is a tip on how to do it that was posted yesterday:

1) Copy your whole IL-2 FB folder and rename it, ie "copy_of" or "beta_version".

2) Make a folder on one of your drives to extract the patches to.

3) For both RC_02 and RC_01new, extract all the files to the folder you have just created.

4) In the folder you created, you should now have the files to patch to 1.2RC. Copy and paste all these into the copy of your FB folder that you made in step (1).

5) Run using the il2fb icon in the folder you have copied the patch files into. On the load screen you should have V 1.2 RC01.

This worked for me- good luck!

"As weaponry, both were good, but in far different ways from each other. In a nutshell, I describe it this way: if the FW 190 was a sabre, the 109 was a florett, or foil, like that used in the precision art of fencing." - Gunther Rall

XyZspineZyX
11-11-2003, 02:29 PM
Easier is it to select all files in the .zip-file and let WinZip extract is to the root-dir of IL2:FB. The standard setting of WinZip is to keep the directory-structure.

Do this for RC_01.zip and RC_02.zip and overwrite everything it askes.

Done!

XyZspineZyX
11-11-2003, 02:50 PM
- Easier is it to select all files in the .zip-file
- and let WinZip extract is to the root-dir of IL2:FB.
- The standard setting of WinZip is to keep the
- directory-structure.
-
- Do this for RC_01.zip and RC_02.zip and overwrite
- everything it askes.
-
- Done!

Maybe it wasn't clear, but this was exactly what I did.

Regards,

Heine

XyZspineZyX
11-11-2003, 03:08 PM
blackTIE wrote:
- Easier is it to select all files in the .zip-file
- and let WinZip extract is to the root-dir of IL2:FB.
- The standard setting of WinZip is to keep the
- directory-structure.
-
- Do this for RC_01.zip and RC_02.zip and overwrite
- everything it askes.
-
- Done!

I tried this too..... had no effect on the game and it still ran as 1.11..... weird.

"As weaponry, both were good, but in far different ways from each other. In a nutshell, I describe it this way: if the FW 190 was a sabre, the 109 was a florett, or foil, like that used in the precision art of fencing." - Gunther Rall

XyZspineZyX
11-11-2003, 03:37 PM
NegativeGee wrote:
- This is a tip on how to do it that was posted
- yesterday:

To be 100% sure about the procedure, I actually tried another time. This time I followed the procedure proposed by NegativeGee. Can you guess? Same result http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Has the new patch some limitations regarding ATI graphics drivers versions? It seems weird that the 1.11 runs smoothly and 1.2RCX won't even start-up. The Il2fb.exe just terminates mmediately without any word of explanation.

I have a feeling that this is more subtle than it looks!!!!

Regards,

Heine

XyZspineZyX
11-11-2003, 03:49 PM
Hmmmm subtlety.... the arch enemy!

Try posting in the Technical support forum..... thats worth a go /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif