PDA

View Full Version : AC Revelations Collector Edition comes with a Hidden Blade replica,whatta doyou think

RyokuMC
05-12-2011, 05:29 PM
Will be nice the AC Revelations CE comes with a Hidden blade replica!

What do you think about this idea?

Discuss and sorry my english mistakes!

TreeFox2010
05-12-2011, 07:50 PM
IIRC, blades that can be concealed on your arm are illegal everywhere, yes?

Blind2Society
05-12-2011, 08:13 PM
No they are not illegal everywhere as every blade smaller than a sword can be concealed on your arm. There are also companies that make and sell them. I, however, believe if they do release one it'll be a cheap POS. If they promised it would be high quality stainless steal with genuine leather straps and well made I would deffinately buy the CE.

EDIT: Oh yea, I forgot to mention, it'll never happen.

KrYpToNiC95
05-13-2011, 12:35 AM
Damn it! I got excited by reading he heading, thinking it was coming out... Until i read the rest of the post. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif It would never happen anyway.

Master_Rahl
05-13-2011, 06:53 AM
Bags, I read the title and thought it actually came with a hidden blade replica as well. I got all excited. D:

As Blind said, it would probably be cheap and pretty much worthless. I wouldn't want it even if it was made of stainless steel. I would want carbon steel. Something sharp. Unfortunately, I know hidden blade replicas sell online for about one hundred and twenty dollars. That's already twenty dollars more than the Brotherhood CE was, and for the blade alone. I don't want to pay $200+ for my copy of Revelations. =P

O6EvolutionIXMR
05-13-2011, 07:15 AM
I'd be happy enough with a nice heavy replica POE paperweight for my office desk. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100928180106/assassinscreed/images/archive/1/13/20100928181512!POE_ICON.PNG

L.Cie
05-13-2011, 07:27 AM
I got excited when I read the heading too. XD

On topic, I think a replica hidden blade at 1:1 scale would be fantastic for a CE, but only if it was a global edition. Of course, if made of decent materials, it would make the price skyrocket into the $300-$400 range, most likely.

scope2005
05-13-2011, 12:00 PM
IS this for real or a suggestion?

While having a replica hidden blade made from good materials with a stainless steel blade in theory *WOULD* be kickass...

Its kind of like wishing for the collectors edition of the next Call of Duty game to come with an M9 Pistol..

Its an impractical idea... do we really need to list the reasons *why*?

Well I will anyway :P

For all intents and purposes ubisoft would be releasing a game which condones killing - with a useable - concealable weapon included.

Sharpened or not it could do serious damage, and would probably be outlawed for sale in most of Europe with all of the tightening knife laws.

All it would take is for one angry messed up kid to go into school and do a "high profile kill" on one of the school bullies with his new toy - and Ubisoft will have one of thier most successful titles demonised by the media as the next GTA.

I can picture headlines now:

Christian video-gamer haters network:
Assassins creed - The game that trains your child to assassinate the POPE, THEN GIVES HIM THE TOOLS TO DO IT!

The crazy evangelical's in the bible belt will have a field day!

I remember reading an article about a group in the bible belt who started a witchunt against dungeons & dragons in the 70's.

Yes... the harmless paper based RPG.
MAD&D (mothers against dungeons & dragons), sole mission was to purge the world of the "evil" pen and paper RPG, as they believed media hyperbole that it was a tool for people to recruit thier kids into Pagan cults, where they danced naked around pagan shrines, gave themselves an elven tree hugger name, and had open promiscuous sex with everything that moved like a nymph in heat.

The truth is... it was just a bunch of geeky kids sitting around a table with dice and figurines, drinking mountain dew!

The thing was.. these people started spreading this crazy talk from a crazy article in a local newspaper and people were taking it for gospel (no pun intended). Toy shops across the US were banning the sale of D&D board games until the journalist in question basically said he made it up to sell a story!... That media business is trouble I say!

Somehow I think that type of attention would be outside of Ubisofts marketing strategy!

Blind2Society
05-13-2011, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by scope2005:

I remember reading an article about a group in the bible belt who started a witchunt against dungeons & dragons in the 70's.

MAD&D (mothers against dungeons & dragons), sole mission was to purge the world of the "evil" pen and paper RPG, as they believed media hyperbole that it was a tool for people to recruit thier kids into Pagan cults, where they danced naked around pagan shrines, gave themselves an elven tree hugger name, and had open promiscuous sex with everything that moved like a nymph in heat.

The truth is... it was just a bunch of geeky kids sitting around a table with dice and figurines, drinking mountain dew!

The thing was.. these people started spreading this crazy talk from a crazy article in a local newspaper and people were taking it for gospel (no pun intended). Toy shops across the US were banning the sale of D&D board games until the journalist in question basically said he made it up to sell a story!... That media business is trouble I say!
I don't know whether to laugh or cry...

Grandmaster_Z
05-13-2011, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by O6EvolutionIXMR:
I'd be happy enough with a nice heavy replica POE paperweight for my office desk. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100928180106/assassinscreed/images/archive/1/13/20100928181512!POE_ICON.PNG

haha!

itsamea-mario
05-13-2011, 01:04 PM
I strongly doubt it.

Drakonous505
05-13-2011, 01:09 PM
Very unlikly... That's why I made my own prop version ;P

scope2005
05-13-2011, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by Blind2Society:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by scope2005:

I don't know whether to laugh or cry... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Indeed thats how I took it, theres a whole load of these crazies just looking to pounce on video gaming and the fantasy genre as they believe it is work of "The Devil".

Check this link it goes into it in depth...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D...ragons_controversies (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dungeons_%26_Dragons_controversies)

Near the top of the page, under the header "religious objections", quite hilariously one of these groups wrote a serious comic book style story named "Dark Dungeons"

from wikipedia:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/72/Occult_dnd.png

In Dark Dungeons by Jack Chick, a girl gets involved in Wicca through the "occult training" she receives while playing D&D. Later she converts to Christianity and rejects the game, burning the materials and avoiding Hell; which it is explicitly stated will be the destination of all D&D players.

Nut jobs...

I can imagine all of the unwashed, uneducated yokels burning copies of Assassins Creed outside of thier local EB stores (thats if they have them on trailer parks! :P), if anyone got pwned with a hidden blade!

Back on topic, I went off on a tangent there http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

BeCk41
05-14-2011, 04:32 AM
Is it a REAL hidden blade??? That is the question. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

TheAssassin1480
07-21-2011, 05:08 PM
ha i really dont care if its fake or real. xD but it has to be made of some type of metal, at least that'll make it seem more legit http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

graffitimysoul
07-21-2011, 05:58 PM
There's a couple sites that sell really good replicas...IIRC I think one was the blade + leather bracer, and another was just the blade. At least they looked quality from the pictures.

TheAssassin1480
07-21-2011, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by graffitimysoul:
There's a couple sites that sell really good replicas...IIRC I think one was the blade + leather bracer, and another was just the blade. At least they looked quality from the pictures.

wait, do you have the URL? haha ill check it out.

nitres15
07-21-2011, 06:38 PM
i dont think that would be legal, a bracer would be cool though

LightRey
07-21-2011, 06:50 PM
Even if it would be legal. packages would probably be searched etc. and then the delivery will be delayed significantly causing lots of fans to go on a rampage.

graffitimysoul
07-21-2011, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by TheAssassin1480:
wait, do you have the URL? haha ill check it out.

http://www.museumreplicas.com/...assassins-creed.aspx (http://www.museumreplicas.com/g-3-assassins-creed.aspx) There's one under AC1 and one under AC2.

TheAssassin1480
07-21-2011, 07:35 PM
ah well for the AC2 hidden blade, it looks like only the tip of the knife retracts which sucks cuz you still have most of the mechanism sticking out from your arm. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/disagree.gif

AnthonyA85
07-21-2011, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by scope2005:

Somehow I think that type of attention would be outside of Ubisofts marketing strategy!

You think that's rediculous, how about the Pope (and the entire Catholic Church) opening decrying the Harry Potter books (and movies) as teaching whitchcraft and magic, which as you know, goes against the Catholic (Templar) dogma.

That whole idea is idiotic of course, but it just shows how gullable people are.

And, even if there was a replica Hidden Blade shipped with the CE (it'll never happen), it wouldn't be life-sized, and most certainly wouldn'#t be "functional", if it were, the game would never make it to the store shelves in the US, nevermind overseas.

AdmiralPerry
07-22-2011, 06:31 PM
As much as I'd like to see a replica, like others have said, it'll probably never happen. I can't believe some of you actually want a fully functional, sharp hidden blade, but, to each his own.

Also, AnthonyA85, you might want to be careful about how you generalize. The entire Catholic Church certainly did not cry out against Harry Potter. Just because the Pope may have doesn't automatically mean the rest of the church followed. I'm Catholic and I love the Harry Potter books. The Catholic school I went to encourages the students to read them! If any religious groups were vocal about it, it would probably be those same ones speaking out against D&D and protesting at rock star funerals and concerts. You know, the extreme "Bible belt," as was stated here.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled topic.

AnthonyA85
07-23-2011, 08:18 PM
Sorry, didn't mean to upset anyone.

PKSteeve
07-24-2011, 08:31 AM
You can make them bro, I have (:
There's plenty of tutorials on youtube man.
I doubt they'd even consider making a hidden blade part of a ac package because of the law :L
Just my two cents..

AdmiralPerry
07-26-2011, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by AnthonyA85:
Sorry, didn't mean to upset anyone.

No worries, amico. I meant no offense on my end, either.

As for the hidden blades, I'm sure we could all hop over to YouTube and find tutorials or videos of how others have made theirs--people do it for cosplay all the time. There was one guy who made a really awesome blade that extended and retracted using a pull ring--seems like a simple enough mechanism, not unlike the ones you see in your ballpoint pens.

ezioauditore7
08-08-2011, 05:56 AM
It is not illegal to have a Hidden Blade. Me and my friend have already ordered ones. It would only be illegal it you sharpened it. As long as it's blunt, it's perfectly legal.

Mr_Shade
08-08-2011, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by ezioauditore7:
It is not illegal to have a Hidden Blade. Me and my friend have already ordered ones. It would only be illegal it you sharpened it. As long as it's blunt, it's perfectly legal. Having a concealed 'weapon' - either real or fake - can leave you open to getting arrested.

Depends where you live, but having a toy pistol or a fake dagger [for example] in your belt can have very serous ramifications.

If someone saw you playing with a 'hidden blade' - I expect you would have a very long conversation with your local police..

This is why it's not suggested to run about in public with 'fake' swords and daggers - which hidden or not, the blade would be..

People that make these 'props' - know they are for Cos-play events only - or for use in your own home..

I would hate to think what could happen if some of the younger members decided to run about outside with one of them.

Mikatsuki95
08-08-2011, 11:50 AM
Unfortunately I'm almost 100% somebody would use a hidden blade one someone, most likely an accident but still. They arent responsible for what we do with them but they arent stupid either. Making a hidden blade with a real blade in it is too risky.

LightRey
08-08-2011, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by Mr_Shade:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ezioauditore7:
It is not illegal to have a Hidden Blade. Me and my friend have already ordered ones. It would only be illegal it you sharpened it. As long as it's blunt, it's perfectly legal. Having a concealed 'weapon' - either real or fake - can leave you open to getting arrested.

Depends where you live, but having a toy pistol or a fake dagger [for example] in your belt can have very serous ramifications.

If someone saw you playing with a 'hidden blade' - I expect you would have a very long conversation with your local police..

This is why it's not suggested to run about in public with 'fake' swords and daggers - which hidden or not, the blade would be..

People that make these 'props' - know they are for Cos-play events only - or for use in your own home..

I would hate to think what could happen if some of the younger members decided to run about outside with one of them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yeah, here in the Netherlands you're not allowed to carry around any blade (or anything the law considers to be a weapon) on you, unless you need to go through at least three steps to reach for it (like if it's wrapped in a cloth and put in a backpack, you need to first take off the backpack, then open it and then unwrap the weapon).
Most kinds of imitation weaponry are illegal here as well.

assassinspa2012
03-03-2012, 11:30 PM
that hidden replica would go great with collection