PDA

View Full Version : Backing up IL-2 STAB War Diary?

MarkSynthesis
01-28-2007, 04:30 PM
I'm going to be reformatting soon (new motherboard and whatnot), and I thought this would be a good time to finally install my copy of IL-2 1946.

My question, is there a way to back up entries in the IL-2 STAB War Diary? Maybe a specific file? I know when you're uninstalling it, it gives you an option, but I wondered if there might be a 'safer' option, as I've done quite a few journal entries for my pilot careers in IL-2.

If not a specific file, would it work to copy the whole IL-2 STAB directory, and after reinstalling it, copy and paste it on top of that?

MarkSynthesis
01-28-2007, 04:30 PM
I'm going to be reformatting soon (new motherboard and whatnot), and I thought this would be a good time to finally install my copy of IL-2 1946.

My question, is there a way to back up entries in the IL-2 STAB War Diary? Maybe a specific file? I know when you're uninstalling it, it gives you an option, but I wondered if there might be a 'safer' option, as I've done quite a few journal entries for my pilot careers in IL-2.

If not a specific file, would it work to copy the whole IL-2 STAB directory, and after reinstalling it, copy and paste it on top of that?

DKoor
01-28-2007, 05:39 PM
I think that must work. To copy all IL-2 Shturmovik Stab files, including diary etc. and just do a reinstall. Later paste over.

But I see no point in doing so, as you are installing Sturmovik 46 and not IL-2 Shturmovik Stab.
You should just point IL-2 Shturmovik Stab to look for il2fb.exe in new directory, you can do that manually editing Il2Stab.INI file and pointing the line <span class="ev_code_RED">Il2Path=</span>...\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\ where ...\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\ means location of your new folder (and il2fb.exe).

Good luck. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

MarkSynthesis
01-29-2007, 08:31 AM
Ah yes, but you see, I'm reformatting. My old installation of IL-2 will be going *POOF*" as well.

Well, not literally. I'm going to install all my programs are a new, larger hard drive, and keep the other one for storage.