PDA

View Full Version : Combat System (Maybe Double Post)?

iN3krO
08-30-2011, 06:34 AM
Well, as the other guy said, it's cool Ubisoft added all those tools to make traps, call recruits bla bla bla, yes those tools seems very cool but really useless, i always try to play assassin's creed as if it was real life, trying to act like a real life assassin (or how i would act if i were an assassin).

In Assassin's Creed it was pretty easy to do it, combat took so many time and was harder then the new combat systems that ppl often prefered to be stealth.

In that game, some things implemented in Ac2, AcB and now in AcR would fit really well since you would take advantage from using them.

Now in AcR, we have all those things but as said in the other topic, you can just run over, do a killing spree, kill every guard in your front and finish the mission.

I know that this game is intended to make players able to play the way they want but, don't you think it's too exagerated?

I don't want some hell hard combat, but i don't want either a combat as easy as it is now.

I know i can add my own challenges, but if the game don't "challenge" it self, the challanges i add are useles (exemple: In ac1, i challanged my self to do the asurf battle and the templars fighting here only with hidden blade cuz hidden blade was REALLY hard to use. In ac2 or acB i can't challenge myself to do something similar cuz there is no hard weapons here <- Hard but better if you can use them.)

I hope you understand me and that you writte here your thoughts.

iN3krO
08-30-2011, 06:34 AM
Well, as the other guy said, it's cool Ubisoft added all those tools to make traps, call recruits bla bla bla, yes those tools seems very cool but really useless, i always try to play assassin's creed as if it was real life, trying to act like a real life assassin (or how i would act if i were an assassin).

In Assassin's Creed it was pretty easy to do it, combat took so many time and was harder then the new combat systems that ppl often prefered to be stealth.

In that game, some things implemented in Ac2, AcB and now in AcR would fit really well since you would take advantage from using them.

Now in AcR, we have all those things but as said in the other topic, you can just run over, do a killing spree, kill every guard in your front and finish the mission.

I know that this game is intended to make players able to play the way they want but, don't you think it's too exagerated?

I don't want some hell hard combat, but i don't want either a combat as easy as it is now.

I know i can add my own challenges, but if the game don't "challenge" it self, the challanges i add are useles (exemple: In ac1, i challanged my self to do the asurf battle and the templars fighting here only with hidden blade cuz hidden blade was REALLY hard to use. In ac2 or acB i can't challenge myself to do something similar cuz there is no hard weapons here &lt;- Hard but better if you can use them.)

I hope you understand me and that you writte here your thoughts.

blazefp
08-30-2011, 07:33 AM
There's a very similar thread about this but not exactly double.

I chose balanced combat system.
Yes I can choose a hard but more realistic/stealthy way of doing things but if I'm going to die I know I have a weapon that saves me and I'll use it.
I just want ACR to have the same difficulty of ACI and the killings of ACB.

LightRey
08-30-2011, 07:37 AM
I chose the third option. As long as the combat system isn't so hard it's just annoying to play I'm fine with it.

dxsxhxcx
08-30-2011, 07:43 AM
they need to implement difficulty settings, this way those who want a easy game will have their easy game and those who want a harder game will also have what they want... everybody wins!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Assassin Mode = Easy Mode (the way it is now)

Master Assasin Mode = Normal Mode (with an improved combat system, guards doing more damage and doing what they used to do in AC1, break our defense, dodge our attacks, etc..)

Mentor Mode = Hard Mode (same as above, but guards do even more damage, maybe inventory limitations, no medicine, etc...)

LightRey
08-30-2011, 07:46 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dxsxhxcx:
they need to implement difficulty settings, this way those who want a easy game will have their easy game and those who want a harder game will also have what they want... everybody wins!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Assassin Mode = Easy Mode (the way it is now)

Master Assasin Mode = Normal Mode (with an improved combat system, guards doing more damage and doing what they used to do in AC1, break our defense, dodge our attacks, etc..)

Mentor Mode = Hard Mode (same as above, but guards do even more damage, maybe inventory limitations, no medicine, etc...) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Aside from the fact that there are quite a number of people out there that find AC at it's current level to be quite hard, a difficulty system, though probably being the best solution, would most likely be very difficult to implement.

Animuses
08-30-2011, 09:45 AM
So Desmond, would you like to view your ancestor's memories in a easy, medium or difficult setting?

blazefp
08-30-2011, 10:02 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Animuses:
So Desmond, would you like to view your ancestor's memories in a easy, medium or difficult setting? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif nice caught

design2
08-30-2011, 10:52 AM
yeah, nice caught!

LightRey
08-30-2011, 01:08 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Animuses:
So Desmond, would you like to view your ancestor's memories in a easy, medium or difficult setting? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
xD
good point.

Black_Widow9
08-30-2011, 03:43 PM
Please use the Find button to search for Topics with similar content.
Thanks http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

<span class="ev_code_RED">Topic Closed</span>