PDA

View Full Version : Wishlist for Battle of Britain

Harh
02-20-2005, 01:12 PM
Hello everyone. I now trying to gather a wishlist which I plan to send to Oleg Maddox. I've got allready some info on other forums and now came here to ask everyone, who want to post something http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

If you have anything on your mind, which you think can be added to the Battle of Britain, post it here. After I gather all the info I'll make voting for everyone here (and other forums) on gathered ideas. As, maybe there was some such topics on this forum allready (I've not been here for a long time) just post a link to it. Or even more better post wishlist gathered from those topics (if it is not a problem). For those who posted info on 1C or Sukhoi forums don't post it here.

Please, no flood. Just only info. Don't post like "add that plane" "we want better FM/DM". First is not really actual, second AFAIK will be made as good as Maddox team can. I'll check this thread regullary (once in a day at least).

Ok. It is what I have allready (sorry for my translation - english is not my native http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif ):

Game:
1. Ground maintanence - reloading, bombs, refueling. Arcade version (quick) reloading for multiplayer.
2. If possible, other fronts addons (as PH as an example).
3. On/off plane details wearing off and on/off disallow time under 1x.
4. Real singleplayer, not what we have in Il2 "maps&planes". Best if there will be and static, and dynamic, and "branching" campaigns.
5. Better network code.
6. Better compatibility with ATI cards.
7. Simple possibility calculation pilot being saved after jumping into water.
8. Be able to "drive" a AA guns.
9. Convert tracks into AVIs.
10. Add strategic mode (campaign):
a. Custom flight group management.
b. Mission planning - choose a target from list, to have enfluence on the war (alternative history), altough it is not really realistic.
c. To fly any of subordinate planes, when flying a mission.
d. Get reinforcement, ammo and fuel.
e. Influence on enemy operations by destroying enemy convoys.
12. Better ground units operation.
13. Design (menus, misic, add some photos in the museum).

Radio:
1. Add dynamyc generated phrases quantity. Add dynamic interaction with ground units - eg. tank in the frontline - target pointer for bombers and vice versa planes, informing ground and air units of enemy movement.
a. Who is speaking and where is he on the map
b. For whom does he talk (sometimes phrases come from other side of the map.
c. Place, course and altitude of spotted enemies.
d. Gunner informing of coming enemies.
e. Information from ground observation points, spy planes and flight groups.
2. Add story based (trigger) phrases or just add support for them.
3. Extend flight commands list (eg. return home).
4. Dynamyc radio noise based weather and distance to the source.

Surface and environment:
1. More complicated time of the year change.
2. Add dynamic weather fronts (or even static) and different types of clouds and their height. Also add wind on altitudes which will shake plane and disperse bombs.
3. Field aerodromes.
4. Presence of simple water depth so planes will not sink in shallow water.
5. Subtile landscape architecture - so on every scape tile will be standart (based on tile number) height map (it will allow creation of trenches and canyons).

Artifical intelligence:
1. Bots using different air battle tactics.
2. Bots have real vision (clouds, bottom, back)
3. Bots will try to find a good spot for crashland in engine/fuel out circumstances.

Network and multiplayer.
1. Integration in game functions, which now being carried out by 3rd party programs like HyperLobby.
2. Better kill calculation (one destroyed cables and the other made one shot into plane that is allready falling - reduce killstealing; dropped the bomb and destroyed the enemy, but was killed by that time). In case that calculations are now made up with points, so just balance them between all, who "participated"
3. Server being able to add bots in multiplayer game.
4. Add daemon/commander as an option.
5. Add some good nonhistorical maps for dogfight.
6. Add small avatar support (1-4 kb size).
7. Add BotMatch.
8. Add (allow) respawn points for static (AA guns) and moving (tanks) objects for multiplayer. Eg.: it will allow cooperative game with protection of the base from enemy tank waves.
9. To be able to disallow some types of armament for the planes (eg. Pe-8 with FAB5000) from the server.

Controls:
1. Opportunity to control pilot outside of the plane (airfield, after jumping with parachute).
2. Individual controls for each plane (buttons, curves) and reset of theese options in default "for all planes variant"
3. Open a parachute by key.
4. More detailed controls of planes in view with its individual features.

View:
1. Opportunity to stand up, put head out of the cockpit. Move head to edge of cockpit when using hat left/right to increase view.
2. To be able to look upon altimeter and stuff like that directly and with zoom, so all can be seen. It can be bound to hat-down when looking forward.
3. In case of absence of controlling the pilot out of the plane to add a circular view before placing into cockpit so player can see what is before his plane.

Map:
1. Opportunity to add marks on the flight map. So everything what flight leader mark would be seen by everyone from his group. And to add marks on the map in flight.
2. Opp-ty to set course before mission by yourself if your rank allow.
3. Improved automobile and railway lining.
4. Draw forest by individual low detailed trees, not texture layers.
5. Option to display all friendly routes on flightmap (as in full mission editor).

Full editor and mission engine:
1. To carry on damages between missions and repair with account of presence/absence of parts for replacement. Also, changing some types of arms must consume time (wing cannons).
2. Increase choice of actions in control points on map: ag. patrol, defense of specific object (group), takeoff and intercept (if enemy coming to your airfield), "free hunting" and so on.
3. Improved simple editor and after flight statistics.
4. Copy/Paste functions.
5. Ability to add damaged objects (such as flying planes)
6. Opportunity to estabilish target priority. Eg. in a high priority on protection of certain area to which group still haven't approached, the group will try to evade fighting with an enemy.
7. Add fires in cities in result of bombing.
8. Add air photography of the target (before and after mission).

Weapons and damage modelling:
1. More precise small caliber damage.
2. Add g-force effect - amaged wing can tear off in case of heavy manoeuvres.
3. Improved ship damage modelling - differents and damage of engines.
4. Destruction of airfield covering. Subtile architecture can help here (Surface and environment #5).
5. Add "defective" bullets (which have slow initial speed).
6. Detailed adjustement of ammo load (if that was so in reality) - only armor piercing or only explosives and so on.
7. Add light and smoke bombs.
8. Add overloaded bomb load (as with I-16 SPB)

Sound and music:
1. More real engine sounds (so there will be no different planes with different engines, but with identical sounds).
2. Real sound and shockwave distribution speed (not instantly as we have it now).

If you have anything to add or useful thought on what is allready in the lis post it here.

Choctaw111
02-20-2005, 02:07 PM
I agree with the shockwave speed. As it is now a 5000kg bomb will detonate on impact and at 500 meters altitude you will be hit by the blast instantly. The shockwave would take xome time to get there and also you will not hear it right away. I would like for BoB to take into account how long it takes for the sound of gunfire or explosions to reach you. It takes time for sound to travel (about 750mph at sea level, 650mph at 36,000 feet. As you go higher the air gets thinner and sound travels slower.)

heywooood
02-20-2005, 02:09 PM
I dunno - I think you need to spend more time working things out before you post....how much time did you spend on that list?.....
5 minutes?...pfff http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/mockface.gif

...seriously though,...you've got some good stuff here and there....

one thing I'd like to see added (in your 'Radio' section) is some ability to communicate with your wingman and flight when you are NOT the leader...or when the lead gets shot down...

Stiglr
02-20-2005, 03:27 PM
For my sheckel, Oleg has to avoid the chief problem of PF, which is to say, the game design doesn't mate well with the theatre.

For BoB, I feel that the British radar system (and the absence of it for the Luftwaffe) HAS to be built into the gameplay, so that it has an effect. Whether it's as simple as "Brit interceptors get some kind of 'icons on map' display, but the Germans don't" or some other way, it simply has to be so if you're going to adequately model the BoB.

BoB would also scream for some "operational level" features in the campaign and scenario design that would factor in radar, fatigue, and commitment of forces.

IIJG69-Niklaus
02-20-2005, 03:30 PM
My only wish is to see BOB one day...
EA is buying UBI SOFT... and the future of realistic simulators... compromised...

Fish6891
02-20-2005, 05:31 PM
I hope BoB has at least 1 FW

pdog1
02-20-2005, 05:40 PM
Cant Z.1007

AUS_ROOSTA
02-20-2005, 08:33 PM
Put simply it is going to have to at least match this http://www.gmxmedia.net/bob2/

I would like to see AI that can't see through clouds and with eyes in the back of their head. Scramble, no starting missions on runways unless specified, better clouds, AI with limited ammo, more realistic gunnery from AI and own aircrafts.

Real sound, historically correct weather, historically correct airbases,HC tactics. realistic starting procedures.

thats all i can think of at the moment.

Harh
02-20-2005, 08:35 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by heywooood:
how much time did you spend on that list?.....
5 minutes?...pfff <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

5 days on 2 forums.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> to communicate with your wingman and flight when you are NOT the leader... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Will add.

2Stiglr: will add radar operation

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Originally posted by IIG69-Niklaus:
My only wish is to see BOB one day...
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't move into offtopic.

IVJG51_Swine
02-20-2005, 09:44 PM
More turbulence in flight at all levels..More sound with the turbulance for people using tactile transducers..
http://www.clarksynthesis.com/specialty.php

Realistic bailing from the cockpit...Make it first person verses an outside view, that would be cool...

Large grass runways

Of course 6DOF...

Syama
02-20-2005, 10:15 PM
Specular, bump and normal maps for the aircraft. It would make them look sooo much better. Shouldn't be much of a performance hit either.

AWL_Spinner
02-21-2005, 03:19 AM
Ground unit AI to have "reaction time" - for instance you should be able to bounce a convoy or train at low level, and it take a few seconds at least for them to ID and start shooting back at you.

Currently I think they start shooting accurately at you if you're in the range "bubble" nomatter what your approach profile or conditions.

Cheers, Spinner

LEXX_Luthor
02-21-2005, 04:55 AM
For Battle of Britain, Contrails should be seen over 100km away in clear weather. If they are afraid of framerate, they can use simplified contrail grafix for more distant contrails--thin white lines.

http://photos1.flickr.com/1190123_d24a988824.jpg
Contrail Photos ~> http://www.flickr.com/groups/contrails/pool/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
http://www.parlier.com/web_resources/ch0003a.jpg

The above photograph is courtesy of The Churchill Society. The contrails of fighters overhead St.Paul's Cathedral in London during the height of the <span class="ev_code_yellow">Battle of Britain</span> added a reassuring sign that the pilots of Fighter Command were hard at work. The lattice of condensation trails marked the paths of RAF Spitfires and Luftwaffe Bf109s engaged in mortal combat during the long summer of 1940 at altitudes in excess of 30,000 feet.

~ http://www.parlier.com/web_p03c.htm <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Large cumulus clouds that pose navigation challenges (like the cockpit below shows) and effect air combat tactics, bombing, and mission planning.

http://www.weathersa.co.za/References/Images/Cumulonimbus.jpg
Aussom Aussie weather~> http://australiasevereweather.com/techniques/moreadv/class.htm

At the battle of Midway, the Japanese carrier Hiryu ducked under an isolated tropical storm cloud after divebombers destroyed the other 3 Japanese carriers. The large cumulus cloud let Hiryu survive long enough to...

For those who's *first* flight sim will be Oleg's BoB, Flyable historical trainers like Bf~108 should be available from the basic Game Menu and with interesting air~start and takeoff missions. Flying a basic Trainer in a stunning sky with large clouds visible from long distance will make the flight sim Newbie fall in love, and keep the bitter crusty Old Timer "aces" happy even if they don't know it now.

Recon_609IAP
02-21-2005, 06:23 AM
(1) I'd like to get all my content on the cd's and none by download after the release. Prefer to see it released on DVD so we don't need to worry about all the content not fitting.

(2) My second, but actually first in order of importance, is that 1C find a publisher that is willing to sell all the content available outside of Russia.

That is my wishlist for BoB - I'm sure the game will be great.

BenQ-the-Hawk
02-21-2005, 06:33 AM
i would like a proper online Campaign which is hosted on a big sever of Ubi Soft for example!

IVJG51_Swine
02-21-2005, 08:29 AM
16:9 ratio viewing ability.

Allow a wide screen view for people utilizing the 16:9 ratio monitors. This would allow a wider view of the area. Some people may think its a cheat but you can't fault anything that enhances immersion and overall view improvements. This are has been discussed pretty heavily in other threads.

IV_JG51_Razor
02-21-2005, 08:42 AM
I think that anything Oleg can do to improve AI would go a long way towards improving the game. Although I play primarilly online, there is still a great deal of AI to deal with. Gunners in bombers firing with laser accuracy regardless of the manuevers the plane makes. AI seeing through clouds, etc. I think AI should be given the same view restrictions that we humans have, as well as the same black/red out parameters.

If Oleg takes care of that, and weather of course, I'll be a very happy camper. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Harh
02-21-2005, 09:00 AM
2IVJG51_Swine: 1,2,3 In the list allready

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> 6DOF <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haven't understood. Explain

Originally posted by Syama:
Specular, bump and normal maps for the aircraft. It would make them look sooo much better. Shouldn't be much of a performance hit either.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

2All: Don't post such things about graphics techniques.

2AWL_Spinner: Added reaction time.

2LEXX_Luthor: Added contrails visibility and complex clouds (you posted about such clouds some months ago if I remember correctly http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif ). Thanks for picture examples.

2Recon_609IAP: Obvious: 1) It will be either on DVD or have both versions
2) Ubi IS the main publisher IMHO

2BenQ-the-Hawk: Indirectly - allready in the list.

2IVJG51_Swine: 16:9 is just a resolution AFAIK

IV_JG51_Razor: Improved AI is allready in the list WITH details on improvement.

Sterf21
02-21-2005, 09:50 AM
More influence of the wind, adding The Netherlands and Belgium in it (that too played a part in the BoB) aaaaand.... better graphics then PF (CAN it be better ? hard to imagine) which is still runnable on average/high specced comps.

IVJG51_Swine
02-21-2005, 06:37 PM
6DOF is 6 degrees of freedom for the track ir. Oleg knows about it.

Sorry about the items already in the list, thats good because I was trying to think out of the box.

Being able to rearm and refly in a coop. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

16:9 is not just a resolution issue, there have been attempts to incorporate it into IL-2 with no success, you just end up cutting off the top and the bottom of the screen. Many other games utilize the widescreen aspect of 16:9 or however you want to call it(widescreen.)

IVJG51_Swine
02-21-2005, 06:40 PM
Sound when your tires hit the runway. A squeak so to say....

Benhur_C6
02-22-2005, 04:39 AM
The dev team will have to find a way to make a non boring gameplay.
A German bomber will have to flight aproximatively 1 or 2 hours before to reach the English coasts. In the same time, what will the English plane do ??

I think we will need a dynamic campaign mission generator like falcon4...

AWL_Spinner
02-22-2005, 04:50 AM
Been mentioned before in other threads, but can't see it here, so...

We really really need trigger points in the mission builder.

i.e. player flys too close to enemy airfield, enemy aircraft scramble. Player flys too close to coastal defence battery, inland aerodrome alerted, etc.

Oh, and the ability to make AI aircraft taxi!

EDIT : Oh, and small calibre ground fire. Currently the smallest thing in the German mission building inventory is 20mm, which makes providing realistic defence of "soft" targets a challenge.

Harh
02-22-2005, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by IVJG51_Swine:
6DOF is 6 degrees of freedom for the track ir. Oleg knows about it.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok, I'll add.

Sorry about the items already in the list, thats good because I was trying to think out of the box.
Being able to rearm and refly in a coop. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Allready in the list http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif As for 16:9 resolution support - added.

Sound when your tires hit the runway. A squeak so to say....
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll add, but there is allready too many small details in the list.

2Benhur_C6: About gameplay - many said about that, I also agree. Corrected one item in the list.

As for dynamic mission generator, I think they are working on it allready. "Like falcon4" - explain, I don't know it.

2AWL_Spinner: All you said seems to be allready in the list.

Harh
02-22-2005, 09:05 AM
Ok, here is today situation on wishlist (note, that it is not my personal opinion and I completely disagree with some items of the list):

Game:
1. Ground maintanence - reloading, bombs, refueling. Arcade version (quick) reloading for multiplayer.
2. If possible, other fronts addons (as PH as an example).
3. On/off plane details wearing off (and breakdowns) and on/off disallow time under 1x.
4. Real singleplayer with non boring gameplay, not what we have in Il2 "maps&planes". Best if there will be and static, and dynamic, and "branching" campaigns.
5. Better network code.
6. Better compatibility with ATI cards.
7. Simple possibility calculation pilot being saved after jumping into water.
8. Be able to "drive" a AA guns.
9. Convert tracks into AVIs.
10. Add strategic mode (campaign):
b. Mission planning - choose a target from list, to have enfluence on the war (alternative history), altough it is not really realistic.
c. To fly any of subordinate planes, when flying a mission (meaning simulation after strategic planning).
12. Better ground units operation.
13. Design (menus, music, add some photos in the museum).
14. Allow different types of score calculation (British, Italian, German etc.)
15. Add radar operation (information for pilots).

Radio:
1. Add dynamyc generated phrases quantity. Add dynamic interaction with ground units - eg. tank in the frontline - target pointer for bombers and vice versa planes, informing ground and air units of enemy movement.
3. Extend flight commands list (eg. return home).

Surface and environment:
1. More complicated time of the year change.
2. Add dynamic weather fronts (or even static) and different types of complex clouds (eg. with different height) and their altitude. Also add wind on altitudes which will shake plane and disperse bombs.
3. Field aerodromes.
4. Presence of simple water depth so planes will not sink in shallow water.
5. Subtile landscape architecture - so on every scape tile will be standart (based on tile number) height map (it will allow creation of trenches, canyons, rivershore slopes etc.).
6. Add bird flocks (simple, for collisions).

Artifical intelligence:
3. Bots will try to find a good spot for crashland in engine/fuel out circumstances.
4. Add reaction time for ground units (time before spotting).

Network and multiplayer.
1. Integration in game functions, which now being carried out by 3rd party programs like HyperLobby.
2. Better kill calculation (one destroyed cables and the other made one shot into plane that is allready falling - reduce killstealing; dropped the bomb and destroyed the enemy, but was killed by that time). In case that calculations are now made up with points, so just balance them between all, who "participated"
6. Add small avatar and squad emblems support (1-4 kb size).
7. Add BotMatch.
8. Add (allow) respawn points for static (AA guns) and moving (tanks) objects for multiplayer. Eg.: it will allow cooperative game with protection of the base from enemy tank waves.
9. To be able to disallow some types of armament for the planes (eg. Pe-8 with FAB5000) from the server.
10. Add Dedicated Server for Linux.
11. Reworked online champaigns (more mission types etc.).

Controls:
1. Opportunity to control pilot outside of the plane (airfield, after jumping with parachute).
2. Individual controls for each plane (buttons, curves) and reset of theese options in default "for all planes variant"
5. Ability to control plane with mouse. Also, better plane control with keyboard (meaning stick control).

View:
1. Opportunity to stand up, put head out of the cockpit. Move head to edge of cockpit when using hat left/right to increase view.
2. To be able to look upon altimeter and stuff like that directly and with zoom, so all can be seen. It can be bound to hat-down when looking forward.
3. In case of absence of controlling the pilot out of the plane to add a circular view before placing into cockpit so player can see what is before his plane.
4. Add unfixed (and custom drived) cameras to make videotracks appear more real.
5. Simple videotrack editor.
6. Exclude ejected pilots from "view next air unit list"
7. Add far contrails visibility in clear weather (for realistic spotting on the planes)
8. Add support for wide screen modes (16:9).
9. Add 6 Degrees of freedom support (6DOF) for TrackIR.
10. Add different types of air markers (round frames, transclucent etc).

Map:
1. Opportunity to add marks on the flight map. So everything what flight leader mark would be seen by everyone from his group. And to add marks on the map in flight.
5. Option to display all friendly routes on flightmap (as in full mission editor).

1. To carry on damages between missions and repair with account of presence/absence of parts for replacement. Also, changing some types of arms must consume time (wing cannons).
2. Increase choice of actions in control points on map: ag. patrol, defense of specific object (group), takeoff and intercept (if enemy coming to your airfield), "free hunting" and so on.
3. Improved simple editor and after flight statistics.
4. Copy/Paste functions.
6. Opportunity to estabilish target priority. Eg. in a high priority on protection of certain area to which group still haven't approached, the group will try to evade fighting with an enemy.
8. Add air photography of the target (before and after mission).
9. Allow to add triggers in FMB.

1. More precise small caliber damage.
2. Add g-force effect - amaged wing can tear off in case of heavy manoeuvres.
3. Improved ship damage modelling - differents and damage of engines.
4. Destruction of airfield covering. Subtile architecture can help here (Surface and environment #5).
5. Add "defective" bullets (which have slow initial speed).
6. Detailed adjustement of ammo load (if that was so in reality) - only armor piercing or only explosives and so on.
7. Add light and smoke bombs.
8. Add overloaded bomb load (as with I-16 SPB)
9. Add "square" targets for bombers (eg. town).
10. Flaps damage (tear off) if they are released on high speed.

Sound and music:
1. More real engine sounds (so there will be no different planes with different engines, but with identical sounds).
2. Real sound and shockwave distribution speed (not instantly as we have it now).
3. Add tires hitting runway sound and sound of "air tearing" on high speed (like Stuka diving with syreens).
4. Inflight music.

LEXX_Luthor
02-22-2005, 11:16 AM
In~game printable maps are needed. Print out the map before mission. Simmers can mark the maps with pen before and during the mission.

oldschool1992
02-22-2005, 01:42 PM
How about we finally get to see our arms and legs in the plane

IVJG51_Swine
02-22-2005, 06:29 PM
Not sure if this would help but this is the link to a 16:9 discussion.

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=63110913&m=8501033742&r=4301029742#4301029742

AUS_ROOSTA
02-22-2005, 07:58 PM
This is what another upcoming BoB game is offering.

The €œIn Cockpit€ Experience

Clickable cockpits for the ultimate flying experience

Realistic starting procedures via mouse

Built-in native track-IR support with the latest 6 degrees of freedom support, including moving your head forward, backwards, left, right, up and down

Lift your head for a more, over-the-nose view

Lean out the window while taxiing

Keep your eyes fixed on the target

The industry€s best padlocking system

The industry€s most natural g-force movements

The Ultimate Dynamic Campaign

Authentic re-Creation of the entire Battle of Britain campaign

Experience epic battles with hundreds of aircraft in the air at once

Thousands of aircraft are tracked and combat ready from their historical airfields. Knocking out enemy airfields hurts the enemy€s ability to launch aircraft from those specific airfields.

Authentic radar and spotting system

British coastal radar network spots planes, reports data to central command, aircraft readiness is checked at nearby airfields and interceptors are appropriately vectored

Damaged radar systems create €œoutages€ or €œholes€ in the defensive screen

Human spotters exist all over the British countryside, and their ability to spot is affected by weather conditions

The entire war machine, down to just a single building is modeled

Be the supreme commander or just be the pilot

€œRealWeather€ Technology

Both historical and dynamic weather conditions exist throughout the theater

Building storm fronts with towering storm heads

Turbulence

Real-time, in-flight weather changes

Realistic weather forecasting

Artificial Intelligence

Computer piloted airplanes fly with the same performance and flight characteristics the player flies with, for a precise, historically accurate offline experience

€œRealPilot€ Artificial Intelligence Technology means enemy aircraft have the same limitations the player has

Both the player and the enemy can use the clouds for safety and cover

Study and exploit the enemy€s weaknesses with charts included in the printed pilot€s manual

Enemy aircraft have the same characteristics and performance as the player€s aircraft, including actual joystick movements

Realistic Sound

Authentic engine sounds and behavior, inside and out

Machineguns, explosions, hits, and flack fill the battlefield

Negative g stalls, sputtering, engine overheating

Open the canopy and hear the difference

Complex engine management including prop-pitch, mixture, and engine temperature

Unprecedented Visual Effects

Accurately modeled visual effects create the ultimate battlefield experience

Authentic bomb blasts in accordance to military test data, including realistic fireball size / duration, shockwaves, and dirt blasts

Realistic gun-hits on aircraft, ground targets, land, and water

Towering clouds of black smoke cover the battlefield for the entire flight

Be a part of hundreds of bombers as countless bombs reign down on targets below

Communications

Immersive, powerful, and historical command and control on the ground and in the air

Command examples

€œTarget bombers€

€œVector me to nearest airfield€

€œTower, what is the wind at altitude?€

holy_one_2
02-22-2005, 07:59 PM
This link give U much more wide view on case http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=63110913&m=1951099462

JR_Greenhorn
02-22-2005, 09:15 PM
Some of this depends on the actual scope the BoB sim will have, but these are things I've been wanting:

The opportunity to fly different types of missions requiring specialized aircraft. Specifically, I would like to see flyable gliders, and more flyable glider tugs.

Also, a way of traking supplies, fuel, and airworthy aircraft after each campaign mission would be neat. The defence of Cactus Island is a great expample, but the same could be applied elsewhere. Of course, in addition to this, there would be player-flyable air resupply missions that have an impact on the campaign.

Rescue-type mission capability has been much-asked about here, as has nightfighters and their radar.

I like the idea of enhanced training missions.
It would be cool to have a training "campaign" that would historically simulate putting the player through what a cadet would have been through in flight training (at least the in-air aspects of it, unless it were possible to simulate some simple ground instruction too).

Photo-recon variants of the flyable fighters that take photographs in the same manner as thier historical counterparts. I don't mean a simple screenshot, but rather when the recce mission is completed you have the chance to see the photos your airial cameras took (or at least the Virtual Air War commander does http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif).

A first person aspect that at least allows you to walk or ride to your fueled and fired aircraft, and to try to find cover when crashed and awaiting rescue (or run to help man AAA when landed). Perhaps if this were developed early on, there could be more human-controlled goings on on the ground in the future to add more life to Virtual Battles.

In the FMB, the ability to stack objects in the Z-axis like the smoke and lights can be.

Here's one thing that would quiet a lot of disputes here on the boards:
Perhaps an option in the config.ini that allows or disables rare and experimental planes (to quell whining about Bi-1, Bf 109Z, YP-80 et al), locks plane/variant usage by month or year, and prevents or allows theoretical or "what if" scenarios and campaigns.
Like this:
<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">slave_to_history=1</pre>
Of course, it would have to be the option of the host for multiplayer.

Harh
02-23-2005, 05:22 AM
2LEXX_Luthor: You mean BMPs with maps for real printing or just markings on inflight maps? If second then it is allready in the list.

2oldschool1992: Allready in the list.

2IVJG551_Swine: Not sure it is so important. I added it to the list. I think it must be enough.

2AUS_ROOSTA: I'm aware - BoB 2 Wings of Victory if I remember correctly. Seen that list allready. I'm sure OM is also aware of it with all possible consequences http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

2holy_one_2: Answered allready.

Originnaly posted by JR_Greenhorn:
The opportunity to fly different types of missions requiring specialized aircraft. Specifically, I would like to see flyable gliders, and more flyable glider tugs.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

As for different types of missions it is allready in the list. As about gliders - IMHO useless.

Also, a way of traking supplies, fuel, and airworthy aircraft after each campaign mission would be neat.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Allready in the list.

Rescue-type mission capability has been much-asked about here, as has nightfighters and their radar.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Added along with training missions.

A first person aspect that at least allows you to walk or ride to your fueled and fired aircraft, and to try to find cover when crashed and awaiting rescue (or run to help man AAA when landed). Perhaps if this were developed early on, there could be more human-controlled goings on on the ground in the future to add more life to Virtual Battles.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Allready in the list. I agree that being able to control your pilot out of the plane would add both realism and "fun" to gameplay, but OM doesn't seems to make it in the game anyway. It is hard in developement.

In the FMB, the ability to stack objects in the Z-axis like the smoke and lights can be.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What do you mean?

Perhaps an option in the config.ini that allows or disables rare and experimental planes (to quell whining about Bi-1, Bf 109Z, YP-80 et al), locks plane/variant usage by month or year, and prevents or allows theoretical or "what if" scenarios and campaigns.
Like this:

slave_to_history=1
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can't they be disabled now? I rare seen servers with Bf109Z allowed.

Indy12F
02-23-2005, 08:51 AM
For dogfight game:

be able to define an amount of avaliable planes.
Once this amount is destroyed, no more plane of this type will be avaliable ...

stubby
02-23-2005, 10:09 AM
Built in voice recognition technology so human pilots can easily chit-chat with AI buddies. Having to use key commands are not necessary in todays high tech software world. My **** *** cell phone can do it and it only took a minute to train it, I'm sure 1c could integrate it. Talk about immersion which seems to be the buzz word of the day. Is it more immersive to hit a tab-1-3 to issue a command OR actually blurt it out using real RAF radio protocol! I know you can use 3rd party tools like 'Shoot' but it's a pain.

radomized failures (spark plug one the original Il2 had was pretty cool) and more realistic gun jamming

ability to take-off line abrest

real time kill markings for LW fly boys

cockpit gauges have reflective properties

ability to slap a Dorris Day pic in my cockpit

see pilot pendages in the cockpit and allow skinners to mod it

Harh
02-23-2005, 11:33 AM
2Indy12F: Added

2stubby:
Built in voice recognition technology
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Too hard to create.

radomized failures
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Allready in the list

The rest is either in the list allready or no real use IMHO.

AWL_Spinner
02-23-2005, 12:53 PM
Voice recognition technology is working perfectly well in Pacific Fighters with the latest release of Voice Activated Commands. Doesn't seem to have any CPU hit that I can discern... Stubby - it's well worth a look, it's free and there's a PF profile to download with it so the work necessary is minimal.

The only thing with having it in game is that unless you cater for a whole host of different languages you're going to end up alientating someone. Thus whilst not technically difficult I can agree with Harh that it's not necessarily practical.

Cheers, Spinner.

IVJG51_Swine
02-23-2005, 09:19 PM
I like what you are doing Harh, thanks. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

JR_Greenhorn
02-24-2005, 12:43 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Harh:
As for different types of missions it is allready in the list. As about gliders - IMHO useless. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>That's not quite what I meant. I meant the capability to make missions (in the mission builder or whatever) that only specailized aircraft would have flown, such as nightfigthers, gliders, photo recon, etc. As it is now, we can only "pretend" to do these missions, at best.

About (fylable) gliders: That's fine with me if they are useless in your opinion. However, you asked for suggestions for a wish list, and I wish to fly gliders in the sim. Thus, I suggested it. I am not the only one around here to have mentioned wanting fylable gliders.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Harh:
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What do you mean? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Those of us that use the FMB sometimes find ourselves limited because objects must be placed at ground level. You can't place one object on top of another, such as placing a artilery cannon on top of the Normandy bunkers. The cannon object will be "inside" instead of on top.

We got these cool new smoke and lights objects in one of the latest patches. Unlike other objects, these objects allow you to place them at specific heights, such as placing smoke at the top of a tall chimney.

What I meant was it would be nice to be able to control the placement height of all objects in the same manner as the smoke and light objets can be presently. I hope that makes sense now.
Perhaps an option in the config.ini that allows or disables rare and experimental planes... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Can't they be disabled now? I rare seen servers with Bf109Z allowed. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I'm not concerned with online gaming.
What I meant was two "modes" that the game could operate in. The Historical Mode would lock planes into the correct timeframe, theatre, and operator, and ignore the existance of prototype planes and "what if" scenarios.

Turning off Historical Mode would open game content to be a free for all, at least in the same manner as it currently is.

My thoughts are that this would give the user a choice, but more importantly, make it easier to introduce experimental planetypes and such for those who want them, while not interfering with the gameplay of those who want a historical experience.

LuckyBoy1
02-24-2005, 02:34 AM
That it runs as well or better on my very capable PC. I won't upgrade for it and I won't settle for messed up graphics.

LEXX_Luthor
02-24-2005, 03:14 AM
Greenhorn:: <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Turning off Historical Mode would open game content to be a free for all, at least in the same manner as it currently is.

My thoughts are that this would give the user a choice, but more importantly, make it easier to introduce experimental planetypes and such for those who want them, while not interfering with the gameplay of those who want a historical experience. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
We have that capability now. We have full control over what planes we put into our missions.

stubby
02-24-2005, 05:57 AM
Thanks Spinner - I'll have to look into that. I'm such a lazy bastard but if there's a pre-made profile already to go, I'm game.

By the way Harh, you were way to dismissive regarding the voice feature. I have a co-worker that trained a voice recoginition program at the office in 30 minutes. he now can use Word, Powerpoint or Wordperfect without touching the keyboard. But if you like to type a myriad of keystrokes in order to get the stupid AI to fall into formation - then enjoy our carpal tunnel sydrome buddy.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AWL_Spinner:
Voice recognition technology is working perfectly well in Pacific Fighters with the latest release of Voice Activated Commands. Doesn't seem to have any CPU hit that I can discern... Stubby - it's well worth a look, it's free and there's a PF profile to download with it so the work necessary is minimal.

The only thing with having it _in game_ is that unless you cater for a whole host of different languages you're going to end up alientating someone. Thus whilst not technically difficult I can agree with Harh that it's not necessarily _practical_.

Cheers, Spinner. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Harh
02-24-2005, 08:33 AM
Originally posted bt JR_Greenhorn:
That's not quite what I meant. I meant the capability to make missions (in the mission builder or whatever) that only specailized aircraft would have flown, such as nightfigthers, gliders, photo recon, etc.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I understood now. Added (changed Game item 4).

You can't place one object on top of another, such as placing a artilery cannon on top of the Normandy bunkers.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I understood. Added.

Turning off Historical Mode would open game content to be a free for all, at least in the same manner as it currently is.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Again, understood http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Added

My thoughts are that this would give the user a choice, but more importantly, make it easier to introduce experimental planetypes...
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Completely agree.

Originally posted by LEXX_Luthor:
We have that capability now. We have full control over what planes we put into our missions.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've added nonhistorical campaigns.

Originally posted by stubby:
I have a co-worker that trained a voice recoginition program at the office in 30 minutes.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

He "trained" voice recognition program in 30 minutes or he created it? Maybe OM will license voice recognition technology from someone, but I doubt it.

marcocomparato
02-24-2005, 11:34 AM
I think your list is awesome.

But please take a few things into consideration:

probably everything you have there has been considered and listed by GAMEDESIGN Professionals. its what they do.

however, few consider the client-side overhead of those kind of features. almost every one of those suggestions that you listed include huge tracts of code that WILL need to be pre-loaded and ready to happen before you can start a map.

The decisions to limit the Audio, the functionality, the plane-set of IL2 are decisions that keep the PERFORMANCE of this game within scope.

Microsoft put alot of what you are suggesting into their game, go try and run that with a sub-3ghz machine....

marcocomparato
02-24-2005, 11:40 AM
again, to run a 16:9 resolution, or in fact to run across multiple monitors, requires DirectX for the exact reason that we hate it over OpenGL.

OpenGL is true graphics-hardware acceleration and it is limited to very specific resolution specs. its why it runs faster, looks cleaner, and is more low-end compatible than DirectX (also requires much more highly skilled programmers than DirectX's MCSE-certified lackies that can rarely be found in the US , except for Id Software and a few others)

Harh
02-24-2005, 12:35 PM
Wishlist as it is for today. I was advised to remove some items, so if you think that I shouldn't do this, post it. By the way - if there will be no more suggestions vote will be started soon.

Game:
2. On/off plane details wearing off (and breakdowns) and on/off disallow time under 1x.
3. Real singleplayer with non boring gameplay, not what we have in Il2 "maps&planes". Best if there will be and static, and dynamic, and "branching" campaigns. More mission types: night (which will require planes with night equipment), rescue, trainning etc.
4. Better compatibility with ATI cards.
5. Simple possibility calculation pilot being saved after jumping into water.
6. Be able to "drive" a AA guns.
7. Convert tracks into AVIs (or pictures with frame numbers in the names).
8. Add strategic mode (campaign):
c. To fly any of subordinate planes, when flying a mission (meaning simulation after strategic planning).
9. Better ground units operation (moving, damage models, targets and so on).
10. Design and things which don't affect gameplay directly (menus, add some photos in the museum, add weapons in museum).
11. Allow saving of tracks into different folders.
12. Allow different types of score calculation (British, Italian, German etc.)
13. Add radar operation (information for pilots).
14. Allow detailed customisation of game options (eg. some options like water now can be turned on/off only in ini file, or lifespan of aircraft chunks after the crash).
15. Add infantry on battlefields.
16. Add ability to play nonhistorical champaigns (experimental weapons, alternative history) as an ability to introduce weapons which were not build by large quantities (like Go-229, Bf109Z in Il2; some rare planes and equipment). Eg: As champaign for Bi-1 in Il2.

Radio:
3. Extend flight commands list (eg. "return home" to individual plane).

Surface and environment:
1. Add dynamic weather fronts (or even static) and different types of complex clouds (eg. with different height) and their altitude. Also add wind on altitudes which will shake plane and disperse bombs.
2. Add bird flocks (simple, for collisions).

Artifical intelligence:
3. Bots will try to find a good spot for crashland in engine/fuel out circumstances (nearest friendly airfields, roads, treeless ground spots).
4. Add reaction time for ground units (time before spotting).

Network and multiplayer.
6. Add small avatar and squad emblems support (1-4 kb size) with loading them from server when being on the ground (to lower network load).
7. Add BotMatch.
12. Allow to use skins which comes with the game even if skins turned off from server.
13. Allow limiting of planes quantity on fields (eg. 25 BF109G2).

Controls:
1. Ability to control pilot outside of the plane (airfield, after jumping with parachute).
2. Individual controls for each plane (buttons, curves) (eg. "add individual controls for plane NN") and reset of theese options in default "for all planes variant"
5. Ability to control plane with mouse. Also, better plane control with keyboard (meaning stick control).

View:
3. In case of absence of controlling the pilot out of the plane to add a circular view before placing into cockpit (if external views are disabled) so player can see what is before his plane.
4. Give additional cameras: following camera (as plane which you are looking on would appear from following plane) and free cameras to make videotracks appear more realistic.
5. Simple videotrack editor with cutting abilities.
7. Add far contrails visibility in clear weather (for realistic spotting on the planes)
10. Add different types of air markers (round, transclucent etc).

Map:

3. Improved simple editor and after flight statistics. Add some mission types: intercept, defend, few target types for bombers (friendly or enemy).
4. Copy/Paste functions.
8. Add air photography of the target (before and after mission) and pictures in the briefing.
10. Add "square" targets for bombers (eg. part of the city).
11. Add warning if there is a high altitude difference between waypoints (if they are close).
12. Ability to combine units (groups) into columns (permanently or temporary) for moving through waypoints (as for now one need to manually set waypoints for each group (unit) and they obstruct each other so it is hard to operate on them).
13. Ability to place objects on top of the other (tanks on train cars, cannons on top of the bunkers).

1. Add g-force effect - amaged wing can tear off in case of heavy manoeuvres.
2. Improved ship damage modelling - differents and damage of engines.
3. Destruction of airfield covering (bomb holes).
4. Add "defective" bullets (which have slow initial speed).
5. Detailed adjustement of ammo load (if that was so in reality) - only armor piercing, only explosives , two explosive and one armor piercing and so on.
6. Add light and smoke bombs.
7. Add overloaded bomb load (as with I-16 SPB)
8. Flaps damage (tear off) if they are released on high speed.
9. Visual damage to cockpits of the bombers when hit with cannon fire.
10. Wings don't tear off after soft collisions.

Sound and music:
1. Real sound and shockwave distribution speed (not instantly as we have it now).
2. Add tires hitting runway sound and sound of "air tearing" when diving.
3. Inflight music.

Write your suggestions.

rr9
02-24-2005, 01:12 PM
Here is one idea to View group. I think it would be useful in current IL2/PF, don't know about the first version of BoB series that has fewer planes.

It would be good to have a new incomplete-info level in how plane info is shown when icons are on.

Now when a plane is far enough, no plane info is shown. Once the plane is within a certain adjustable distance, the exact plane model is shown. It would be nice if between no-info and full-info, there would be incomplete-info. The distance for this incomplete info display could be changed with dot range.

example:
plane 5 km away, no info is shown.
plane 2 km away, "bf-109" is shown
plane 100 m away, "bf-109G6/Late" is shown.

or
plane 2 km away, "Yak" is shown
plane 100 m away, "Yak-9D" is shown.

If you add fog-of-war to this, the incomplete info might be wrong also.

example:
plane 2 km away, "SB-2?" is shown
plane 100 m away, "DB3-T" is shown. Here the incomplete info was misleading. A plane that looked like SB-2 from far enough, turned out to be DB-3 once it was seen from a shorter distance.

Poogie67
02-24-2005, 02:23 PM
Rainbow effects, Cumulonimbus Thunderheads, sunrays through cloud breaks, and cockpit glass distortion around edges!!!

Just some ideas.

Poogie67
02-25-2005, 09:30 PM
A few intermittant flocks of birds,
recon missions with screen captured photos,
intermittant instrument failures,
player's universal flight/kill log showing all flights and win/loss records across all campaigns and quick missions,
flight log viewable outside of simulator,
and another mention for:
cockpit glass distortion around frame edges.

Poogie67
02-25-2005, 09:55 PM
Sheep and/or birds that scurry and scatter from low passes,
2d maps that look like real WWII aviator charts,
aircraft with serial numbers and maintenance histories in a campaign,
placards in cockpit showing aircraft serial#,
engine performance to match aircraft serial#,
ocassional missions in offline campaign in aircraft not of type (fighter pilots sometimes [rarely] gets tasked to fly photo mission over home airfield in wood and fabric taildragger)(a bomber pilot get slipped a fighter ferry mission).

LEXX_Luthor
02-25-2005, 09:55 PM
One minor, no MAJOR thing...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Artifical intelligence:
:
2. Bots have real vision (clouds, bottom, back, <span class="ev_code_yellow">Sun</span>)
: <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
AI being partially blinded by the sun is feasable. The 1994 DOS Su~27 Flanker 1.0 had AI heat seeking missiles distracted by the sun. Bounce from the sun is the MAJOR air combat tactic of all time.

Make sun's effect on AI vision partially dependent on AI skill level, and make sure it does NOT happen when clouds or overcast would prevent the sun from being used to hide in...
Wildcats surprised even Saburo's elite fighter group escorting "Bettys" near Guadacanal, bouncing out of the sun -- I guess the Wildcats had radar to help position themselves to advantage.

Poogie67
02-25-2005, 10:01 PM
Time on Target (TOT) for each waypoint,
verbal request to delay TOT through FAC (forward air controller)(did they have FAC's in WWII?),
flight names used during radio calls for clarity.

LEXX_Luthor
02-25-2005, 10:05 PM
GOOD.... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

Poogie:: <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Time on Target (TOT) for each waypoint <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yes, Combat Air Patrol waypoints for AI planes, with altitude, speed, and TIME needing to be set by mission creator.

We have that now sort of in FB/PF...if the final waypoint is just a Normfly waypoint, the aircraft will merely circle through that last waypoint, and if enemy planes come withing visual range (~7km), they will attack if they have ammo, and return to the final waypoint after the combat (if they survive).

Harh
02-26-2005, 05:37 AM
rr9: I think, Oleg will have his own ideas on this point.

Originally posted by Poogie67:
Rainbow effects, Cumulonimbus Thunderheads, sunrays through cloud breaks, and cockpit glass distortion around edges!!!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

As for rainbow and sunrays I don't think they'll have much time workung on weather. Glass distortion - too specific.

Your next post is mostly allready in the list.

Next one is also too specific except maps. I'll add.

2LEXX_Luthor: I'll add sunglare

Ok, I'll try to finish the list today and it will be posted here, so everyone can check that I didn't REALLY missed (or forgot to add) something. Then (tomorrow I think) vote will be started.

Recon_609IAP
02-26-2005, 06:07 AM
Don't you think 1C has already designed the game? I hope they have at least!

Harh
02-26-2005, 07:17 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Recon_609IAP:
Don't you think 1C has already designed the game? I hope they have at least! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I personally think that they have allready draftly designed the game and that one will become final design of the game http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Joke... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Harh
02-26-2005, 07:22 AM
So, this is more or less final wishlist looking:

Game:
2. On/off plane details wearing off (and breakdowns) and on/off disallow time under 1x.
3. Real singleplayer with non boring gameplay, not what we have in Il2 "maps&planes". Best if there will be and static, and dynamic, and "branching" campaigns. More mission types: night (which will require planes with night equipment), rescue, trainning etc.
4. Simple possibility calculation of pilot being saved after jumping into water.
5. Be able to operate AA guns.
6. Convert tracks into AVIs (or pictures with frame numbers in the names).
7. Add strategic mode (campaign):
8. Better ground units operation (moving, damage models, targets and so on).
9. Design and things which don't affect gameplay directly (menus, add some photos in the museum, add weapons in museum).
10. Allow to save tracks into different folders.
11. Allow different types of score calculation (British, Italian, German etc.)
12. Add radar operation (information for pilots).
13. Allow detailed customization of game options (eg. some options like detailed water now can be turned on/off only in ini file, or lifespan of aircraft chunks after the crash).
14. Add infantry on battlefields.
15. Add ability to play nonhistorical campaigns (experimental weapons, alternative history) as an ability to introduce weapons which were not build by large quantities or didn't see production at all (like Go-229, Bf109Z in Il2; some rare planes and equipment). Eg: As campaign for Bi-1 in Il2.

Radio:
1. Increase dynamically generated phrases quantity. Add dynamic interaction with ground units - eg. tank in the frontline - target pointer for bombers and vice versa planes informing ground and air units of enemy movement.
3. Extend flight commands list (eg. "return home" to individual plane).
4. Dynamic radio noise based on weather and distance to the source.

Surface and environment:
1. Add dynamic weather fronts (or static at least) and different types of complex clouds (eg. with different height) and their altitude. Also add wind on altitudes which will shake plane and disperse bombs.
2. Add bird flocks (simple, for collisions).
3. Increase *kielwater imprint* (do I spell it correctly?) visibility (ships being spotted by it).

Artifical intelligence:
2. Bots have real vision (clouds, bottom, back, sunglare)
3. Bots will try to find a good spot for crashland in engine/fuel out circumstances (nearest friendly airfields, roads, treeless ground spots).
4. Add reaction time for bots (time before spotting).

Network and multiplayer.
5. Add some detailed nonhistorical maps for dogfight.
6. Add small avatar and squad emblems support (1-4 kb size) with loading them from server when being on the ground (to lower network load).
7. Add BotMatch.
12. Allow to use skins which comes with the game even if skins turned off from server.
13. Allow limiting of planes quantity on fields (eg. 25 BF109G2).

Controls:
1. Ability to control pilot outside of the plane (airfield, after jumping with parachute).
2. Individual controls for each plane (buttons, curves) (eg. "add individual controls for plane NN") and reset of theese options in default "for all planes variant"

View:
3. In case of absence of controlling the pilot out of the plane to add a circular view before placing into cockpit (if external views are disabled) so player can see what is before his plane.
4. Give additional cameras: following camera (as plane which you are looking on would appear from following plane) and free cameras to make videotracks appear more realistic.
5. Simple videotrack editor with cutting abilities.
10. Add different types of air markers (round, transclucent etc).

Map:

3. Improved simple editor and after flight statistics. Add some mission types: intercept, defend, few target types for bombers (friendly or enemy).
4. Copy/Paste functions.
8. Add air photography of the target (before and after mission) and pictures in the briefing.
10. Add "square" targets for bombers (eg. part of the city).
11. Add warning if there is a high altitude difference between waypoints (if they are close).
12. Ability to combine units (groups) into columns (permanently or temporary) for moving through waypoints (as for now one need to manually set waypoints for each group (unit) and they obstruct each other so it is hard to operate on them).
13. Ability to place objects on top of the other (tanks on train cars, cannons on top of the bunkers).

1. Add g-force effect - amaged wing can tear off in case of heavy manoeuvres.
2. Improved ship damage modelling - differents and damage of engines.
3. Destruction of airfield covering (bomb holes).
4. Add "defective" bullets (which have slow initial speed).
5. Detailed adjustement of ammo load (if that was so in reality) - only armor piercing, only explosives , two explosive and one armor piercing and so on.
6. Add light and smoke bombs.
7. Add overloaded bomb load (as with I-16 SPB)
8. Flaps damage (tear off) if they are released on high speed.
9. Visual damage to cockpits of the bombers when hit with cannon fire.
10. Wings don't tear off after soft collisions.

Sound and music:
1. Real sound and shockwave distribution speed (not instantly as we have it now).
2. Add tires hitting runway sound and sound of "air tearing" when diving.
3. Inflight music.

Things that go as they are without voting:

Better compatibility with ATI cards, more complex time of the year change, add field runways, bomb holes in runways, more complex plane on fire state (now we have either plane not on fire or plane looking like a torch), add ability to change skins on stationary planes, game recall last simple mission editor state, ability to choose bombs and fire them one by one, manual bomb door open/close, damage to water radiators, more natural look of flight maps.

If you think that I missed something, post it now, vote will start soon.

Bremspropeller
02-26-2005, 07:27 AM
I'd choose a different approach to the GCI-advantage of the RAF:

Instead of giving the position to the "red's" maps (which would be pretty unrealistic..), I'd add a new radio-menu which letzs the sqn- or flight-leader ask GCI where their target is.

GCI then gives bearing and altitude (example: bogeys, bearing three-two-zero, angels three-zero, twenty miles)to the asking pilot.

I'd built in another aspect for GCI-chattering:

GCI only gives coordinates for the "mission's target" (which has to be selected in the mission-builder). If there is no target designated, GCI should give the coordinates for the nearest bandit or the coordinates for the greatest bandit-formation in a particular range (let's say 50 miles).

Of course, GCI should not be operable in DF-missions OR it should at least be optional in the server-settings (like icons).

sc1949
02-27-2005, 01:32 AM
Couple of thoughts, some could apply to IL2, or BOB.

communicate with your wingman and flight when you are NOT the leader...

Throttle in 1% steps, not 5%. Also go back to Throttle full up = 100%, if you want 110% etc use a button on stick or keyboard.

Separation Distance on landing, like in real life with safety precautions adhered to.

Flexible waypoint and mission planning system for flight leader to be able to adjust missions on the fly.

Landing or other waypoints "NOT" off maps.

Autopilot moving waypoint target to the next (OR NOT), or flying back because it "missed it by that much". Make consistant at least.

AI following orders, not just a radio response (while ignoring the actual order).

AI that actually "covers" by actually SHOOTING at threats, or any targets in front of its nose.

Separate waypoints planned for all individual Aircraft, like done in Falcon4? or Longbow2? or DIDs Tornado?, not everyone converging on one spot at same time.

Ability to give orders by directions, ie "regroup with me, I'm 5 mile South east of you, heading 120 degrees" or "regroup with squadron, we're 8 mile South east of you, heading 90 degrees towards Biggin Hill Bridge" (which is also on the Map included with the game CDs, and huuuuge printed, leather bound manual, with instructions on correct fluid to clean windscreens and canopies, tailwheel tyre pressures, hydraulic fluid viscosity and colour, etc... etc.... just joking).

Seeing ground Targets. WHY is it so hard to see these targets, in real life films etc you can make them out much better, here its like 200 yards from target (Tanks, trains guns, whatever). Exaggerating but still too bloody hard to see.

Lose the Grey rainy screens, my videocard likes to do actual real life images, or flying
would be cancelled if weather was really that bad you could not see. Real time, in-flight
weather changes would be acceptable, as in real life. I use DCG just so I can adjust the
weather conditions.

Lose the trim timeout. If they're cheating on the net, then let the online admin people
stop it on their sites, but I play offline only, never tried online, and I want my trim as
in real life (Instant, and I'm an airframe fitter by trade, so know what its supposed to
do IRL).

Integrate VAC into game, immersion factor adds 500% to it.

Landing behaviour!!!!! Crashing into hills by AI removed.

Recon targets/objects should show on map screens, and remain for certain times. buildings - permanent. vehicle columns - depends on speed. Aircraft - Fleeting amount of time.

AI bombing. Have seen flight leaders try to bomb a ship, miss it, then the rest of the
flight bomb where the leaders bomb went off, no adjustment for the targets movement at all.

Also have seen recon flights for bomber missions, where the recon arrives "after" the
bombers!.

Individual Call signs, not six lots of red2 red3 etc.

damaged aircraft declare emergency and be allowed to land first, maybe at emergency strip
(taxiways redesignated to this once emergency declared, so rest can continue afterwards).

Maps have a scale line (that adjusts to zoom) at bottom like real maps do.

If wind is not modelled in game, how come you nearly turn sideways when you release brakes
in stormy or rainy weather?

Chart (Map) with a greyish or fawn background for night missions, which wouldn't be so
glary in a dark cockpit. Try the night missions for the iL2T (Straight and True) by Zeus-Cat to see what I mean, especially the Ferry kill mission.

Ability to have wingmen, or flights etc. change to another target when first target is
taken out. Also, possibility to remove "Dead" targets (Symbols) from the map.

In offline campaigns, when you crash etc and pick refly, should it count as an aircraft
loss or not.

Engine systems management with propeller pitch, mixtures, engine temperature and Fuel
management (Tank switching, including diverting from leaking to non-leaking tanks maybe if
it's possible, fuel dumping in emergency situations)

csThor
02-27-2005, 05:17 AM
One thing I would like to see - historical radio abilities.
Meaning german fighters could talk to other german fighters and their ground based stations, but not to Stukas, Bombers and Transports (different radio equipment) and vice versa.

Tooz_69GIAP
02-27-2005, 08:54 AM
A wish I have for BoB is regarding 3rd party modelling of aircraft after the release.

For too long we have seen random bizarre irrelevant aircraft modelled and dumped into the sim at the expense of bug fixes, improved net coding, and relevant aircraft.

For BoB I would like to see Oleg having full control over which aircraft are modelled for the sim. Something like a restricted list of aircraft that are wanted, and someone takes that aircraft, and does it. This way, the amount of aircraft being modelled is controlled, and the quality is controlled, and the planeset for the specific theatre (i.e. it's pointless making aircraft without appropriate maps and scenarios to fly them in) is tightly controlled.

That's what I would like to see.

csThor
02-27-2005, 10:49 AM
*signs Tooz's wish*

The free-for-all doesn't work - it is visible in FB/PF. We habe planes but not maps for them. We have maps but miss essential planes.

Harh
02-27-2005, 10:49 AM
I read all was written since my last post. Vote has been started.

Moka.21
02-27-2005, 11:43 AM
Complex FM/DM for the pilot´s parachute,
so it could be torn apart by his own ac.
Should be a trigger to open the chute.
Complex FM/DM for the pilots body,
no more bailing out through your ac.

And yes, Hurricane MkII A would be nice!

Triple_AA
02-27-2005, 12:08 PM
The ability to hit escape and adjust the flight controllers sensitivity settings while in the game.

(Just like sound and video settings)

Harh
02-27-2005, 01:22 PM
People, the vote is allready started. If you want to support, go and vote for it. It would be silly if I'll send a letter to OM with "here is a wishlist, but no one seems to be voting for it, no one cares". So, please, vote.

Choctaw111
02-27-2005, 05:45 PM
I would like the ability to "change my mind" if I have already hit the bailout key and because of airspeed or g forces, cannot bail out right away only to see that I might be able to land my crippled craft anyway. So many times I have pressed the bailout key and then said to myself I wish there were a key I could press a key to cancel it.

LEXX_Luthor
02-27-2005, 06:41 PM
Harh, your Vote is not matching up...

Example:: (3) Environment has 2 Choices, but your 3rd ...GROUP... has 5 Harh Votes.

Long strings corrupt the webboard -- you had to break your line into two lines to fit page width?

I suggest this format... <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
1 2 2 0 1 0 0 2 1 0 0 1 2 1 1
2 2 1 1
2 1 1 2 2
0 1 0 0 2 1 0 1 1 0 0 1 1
1 1 1 1 0
2 2 0 1 0 2 1 0 - <~~ something wrong here Harh
1 0 0
1 2 2 0 1 0 2 0 - 1
2 1 0 0 1 2 2
2 0 1
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Also, you only have 10 groups you Voted for, not 11.

Further, make the Choice 0-4, with "0" being the Negative effect.

Asking flight simmers to use negative numbers makes Disaster... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Also possible is rating on 0-9 scale, with 0 being the lowest, 9 being the highest. DON'T use "10" because it has 2 digits and makes the voting hard to read and check. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif (same with -1 , it takes 2 characters). I would say we don't need Negative Choice; the low "Zero Interest" Vote should be enough webboard negativity.... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Harh
02-28-2005, 04:55 AM
2LEXX-Luthor: Thx, I've corrected it. As for the rest it will remain the same.

Ppl, don't post here, just vote in the voting topic http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

PE_Sraka
02-28-2005, 07:18 AM
Multiplayer:
o when connected to host you would choose to fly for allied or axis. Then you could only see your side of planes. That would make the whole online play much more real since you would not know what's comming. (only for non-DF game types)

heywooood
02-28-2005, 09:19 PM
Something just popped into my head, so before I anesthetize it I wanted to place it here and it is this...

I would very much like to see the following objects added for FMB...

1. static planes with their bonnets and MG covers off... and with the option of prop windmilling or not...with a timeout option.

2. also linked with the above...bombloads and
their carts...a kindof a loaded or partialy loaded lowboy...loaded or half loaded with bombs or rockets that we can place near these aforementioned airplanes.

3. how about for carrier decks too...tractors and static planes and other objects as well.
I personaly would like to happen upon an IJN carrier with its deck strewn about with torpedos and bombs on carts and under the wings of aircraft that are either static with props turning or AI and about to takeoff...
Being able to place static planes on the carrier decks should be included, no?

I feel that item number one on this list is absolutely critical for the BoB sim especially.

Having planes on the field in various stages of re-arming or re-fueling, even if it is not part of the player program, would be a nice touch and easy to model.
A couple of planes with their cowlings off and a mechanic bending over the motor on a short step ladder should be no problem to provide as well as a few armorers kneeling on the wing over an open MG hatch, or a rigger reaching into the fuselage hatch to adjust the elevator cables?...might add to the airfield ambience a little, eh?

Enofinu
03-01-2005, 10:59 AM
pls, dont put any cannons or .50cal machineguns in bob.

Tooz_69GIAP
03-01-2005, 03:34 PM
Another wish (maybe someone else already suggested it) together with the strictly controlled aircraft models, is the maps.

I would absolutely LOVE to be able to fly the Hebrides to Glasgow to Bristol to London to Paris to Berlin to Helsinki to Oslo to Edinburgh to the Orkneys all on one map. That would be astoundingly excellent!!!!

If not that, then at least have the entire southern coast of England, the Channel, and northern France all on the same map, and the North Sea and the east coast of the UK from the Wash up to Aberdeen, and the west coast of Norway on a second map.

Another wish, again to do with maps, is topography. I would like to see REAL topography and real life features modelled. Like the correct heights of hills and mountains, correct shape and size and location of forests and lakes, correct location and size of towns and cities, correct location and representation of major airstrips, etc.

Harh
03-05-2005, 11:56 AM
New voting form. I hope it will satisfy everyone http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

http://airdog.projektas.lt/clipboard/survey.php?surveyid=4

Vote there. Results will be processed (after 5-7 days) and sent to Maddox.

PE_Sraka
03-06-2005, 02:51 AM
Disable the Elevator Trim "cheat"/effect during the turn.

RAF238thKnight
03-06-2005, 04:26 AM
I dont know if this was listed, here it is one that really should be in the current FB.

HOST SERVER: Should be in control of the environment and connection speed. If he/she wants everyone flying with detailed clouds then it should be the hosts chocie, if you can't handle it move on to another server, there are plenty.

I think with the BoB the environment or arena should be the same no matter what. As some our pilot friends who fly with us said this is what we enjoy to do, so alot of our fun money goes into our PCs and connection speed. There are plenty of servers in the market place we pick our poison each day. If the host had control over connection speed set then he knows that everyone is logged in can keep up with server.

Just my thoughts and ideas.

Knight

zaelu
03-06-2005, 04:41 AM
Please make the voting sistem more user friendly (here too)... like a poll with clickable buttons.
And that's not a request for BoB http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif . thanks

Harh
03-06-2005, 06:47 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by zaelu:
Please make the voting sistem more user friendly (here too)... like a poll with clickable buttons.
And that's not a request for BoB http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif . thanks <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

But what is so wrong with this one:
http://airdog.projektas.lt/clipboard/survey.php?surveyid=4

There are clickable buttons. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Bomber-Burn
03-06-2005, 08:07 AM
What I'd like to see as an inprovement would be different outcomes after bailing out or crash landing in enemy held territory. Right now in the campaigns if you ditch or bail out over enemt territory you automaticlly get captured and your only option is to replay the mission, no matter where you land.
There should be diiferent outcomes based on certain criteria such as how close to enemy units, base, cities, airplanes in the area, and how close to friendly territory and also if the can make a mayday radio call before bailing or ditching, then allies may be able to send in a rescue plane or team.
Other outcomes can be escape capture, caputered and escaped, captured and killed, killed on the ground, MIA, Caputered and held till end of war but survives, rescued and return to service right away or after a while, ect. What ever happens it should be recorded in the pilot's log and there should be an apply button at the end of the mission even if the pilot gets killed or captured, as well as the refly option.

Also another option at the end of the mission could be a reciut button. Where after your current pilot is killed or captured you could click recruit and end your current pilot's career and asumme the role of a new fresh pilot recuit in the same squad continuing through the war from the piont where your first pilot died.

Thanks,
Kent http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

LLv34_Stafroty
03-06-2005, 03:06 PM
i wish that there would be some inertia and good recoil with bigger dispersion on gunner stations on bombers, cos its WAY TOO EASY to score hits with now, only have to do is move bit mouse on desk.

also, want forward view fixed on FW:s and other planes which suffers the same.

also, want cannons which really feels like cannons, some 4 hits from 20mm was average when killing enemy fighters??? i want more power on every cannon.

much better DM.

i wish that when hitting enemy AC with cannon fire, it throws skin panels from planes away etc. and that damaged wing might snap when u turn hard with it.

also want hurricane to lose its canvas from fuselage when it got hitted, cos wing tears it, and that ay makes hurricane slower.

i want much more.

zaelu
03-06-2005, 05:13 PM
Well, I just thought it will be nice to have the "user friendly" form here too. I voted there thou.

FiAW_Vaijy
03-07-2005, 02:05 PM
Few things , These might have been introdused allready , but still...

1. To configure scheduled (or random ruled)AI plane formations attacks or AI missions feature to dedicated DF servers. And rescue AI planes
or chance to make a rescue flight to save your mate from same side.

2.Also a possibility to join to (take one of those planes)or just jump in as a crew member.

3.To join to any bomber as a gunner or crew member while the plane is on the ground in the
DF server if the pilot allows. Walk inside the plane.

More like mixing the coop and DF. We need bobber floats on DF servers too.

With these new features there would be much new
players who can't fly well yet, but wan't to have the experience of the online game.

4.Bf109 had the some kind of petrol windshield washer for oil and smoke as far as remember from some Finnish books.

Tooz_69GIAP
03-07-2005, 06:11 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bomber-Burn:
What I'd like to see as an inprovement would be different outcomes after bailing out or crash landing in enemy held territory. Right now in the campaigns if you ditch or bail out over enemt territory you automaticlly get captured and your only option is to replay the mission, no matter where you land. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This feature is already in the game!! It is based on your proximity to friendly forces as opposed to enemy forces. If you are closer to some friendly units, like tanks, or trucks or something, then you escape. It's some kind of probability formula in the code or something. Was put in over a year ago(?).