PDA

View Full Version : Papal Staff and other questions...

Poodle_of_Doom
08-19-2011, 03:02 PM
Has anyone ever really looked closely to the papal staff? Have you all noticed the writing on it? Does anyone know what it is, or what it says?

That said, when Ezio goes in to speak to Minerva, and she gets to the parts of the planets, has anyone looked at the ground? Have you noticed the writing there? I know someone spoke about the pillars Minerva references with Juno and Jupiter, and how they thought they were a language. But there is clearly one on the floor. If people have seen it, does anyone have any clear pictures?

At that, I just completed my second full run through of ACII. When I completed the glyphs, I wasn't let out to speak to anybody. That was ACII that happens in, and not ACR right?

LightRey
08-19-2011, 03:08 PM
I could be wrong but I think the symbols on the staff might be Norse Runes. Thanks for pointing them out I'd completely forgotten about them and they should be worth looking into.

ShaneO7K
08-19-2011, 03:14 PM
This will probably sound stupid and i'll probably get a little abuse for saying this but, TWCB being the first civilization and the creators of humanity, maybe their written language could be a mix between many ancient human civilizations?

I havn't taken a look at the writings in quite a while so I can't really remember what exactly it looks like.

LightRey
08-19-2011, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by dead_gunner187:
This will probably sound stupid and i'll probably get a little abuse for saying this but, TWCB being the first civilization and the creators of humanity, maybe their written language could be a mix between many ancient human civilizations?

I havn't taken a look at the writings in quite a while so I can't really remember what exactly it looks like.
Actually, that does make sense if you look at the story of the tower of Babylon.

naran6142
08-19-2011, 03:23 PM

that not stupid. its a completely valid idea

it possible that TWCB had some influence on those who survived what ever wipe everyone out. so its possible that new language would be based on symbol left behind by TWCB.

that said something wiped everyone out and civilization had to start from the beginning so i guess they would have to create a language again and it might not any influence from the first civ

ShaneO7K
08-19-2011, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by naran6142:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dead_gunner187:

that not stupid. its a completely valid idea

it possible that TWCB had some influence on those who survived what ever wipe everyone out. so its possible that new language would be based on symbol left behind by TWCB.

that said something wiped everyone out and civilization had to start from the beginning so i guess they would have to create a language again and it might not any influence from the first civ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It has been something I've been wanting to say for quite a while but had always thought the idea would be rejected instantly which is why I waited till now, but yeah thanks for having agreed with me in some level.

medcsu11
08-19-2011, 03:34 PM
Surprised Ezio didn't take the staff after he originally defeated Borgia. No real reason to leave it behind and had powers.

EDIT: Nevermind, just looked it up. Dont recall it being mentioned that it was "lost to the earth". Oh well

ShaneO7K
08-19-2011, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by medcsu11:
Surprised Ezio didn't take the staff after he originally defeated Borgia. No real reason to leave it behind and had powers.

Probably just a fear of it returning to the templars at some point, or knew a PoE wasn't something to depend on after reading through the Codex.

Poodle_of_Doom
08-19-2011, 04:10 PM

My first thought was of two things. The first being the Chinese. How many variations of their written language do they have again? (Rhetorical.) The second was of man kind as a whole, and the variations in language we have. Why wouldn't be the same for them?

Could we get some pictures then of the Norse runes, and work on a translation of sorts?

That, and no one answered the last question yet....

Dark Assassine
08-19-2011, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by Poodle_of_Doom:
Has anyone ever really looked closely to the papal staff? Have you all noticed the writing on it? Does anyone know what it is, or what it says?

That said, when Ezio goes in to speak to Minerva, and she gets to the parts of the planets, has anyone looked at the ground? Have you noticed the writing there? That said, when Ezio goes in to speak to Minerva, and she gets to the parts of the planets, has anyone looked at the ground? Have you noticed the writing there? I know someone spoke about the pillars Minerva references with Juno and Jupiter, and how they thought they were a language. But there is clearly one on the floor. If people have seen it, does anyone have any clear pictures?

At that, I just completed my second full run through of ACII. When I completed the glyphs, I wasn't let out to speak to anybody. That was ACII that happens in, and not ACR right?

A lot of the writing on the floor of the vault looks like cuneiform so that's probably whats on the staff as well

http://karenswhimsy.com/public...ages/cuneiform-2.jpg (http://karenswhimsy.com/public-domain-images/cuneiform/images/cuneiform-2.jpg)
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wi...uneiform_script2.jpg (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/ca/Cuneiform_script2.jpg)

Poodle_of_Doom
08-19-2011, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by Darkassassin24:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Poodle_of_Doom:

That said, when Ezio goes in to speak to Minerva, and she gets to the parts of the planets, has anyone looked at the ground? Have you noticed the writing there? That said, when Ezio goes in to speak to Minerva, and she gets to the parts of the planets, has anyone looked at the ground? Have you noticed the writing there? I know someone spoke about the pillars Minerva references with Juno and Jupiter, and how they thought they were a language. But there is clearly one on the floor. If people have seen it, does anyone have any clear pictures?

A lot of the writing on the floor of the vault looks like cuneiform so that's probably whats on the staff as well

http://karenswhimsy.com/public...ages/cuneiform-2.jpg (http://karenswhimsy.com/public-domain-images/cuneiform/images/cuneiform-2.jpg)
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wi...uneiform_script2.jpg (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/ca/Cuneiform_script2.jpg) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The first one is a forbidden link. The second, however, looks exactly like whats on the floor. It doesn't resemble what is on the staff, however. Or at least it doesn't to me.

Cercatrova
08-19-2011, 09:54 PM
I too, have been wondering. I can not get any footage right now, however, as it seems when you beat the game you can not reload any memories or anything, you just have to start a new game. I have done this, just have not had time to progress very far yet.