PDA

View Full Version : Is this a glitch or is it just my machine?

XyZspineZyX
09-07-2003, 04:24 AM
Ok a couple of missions now in my I-16 I've had the weirdest thing happen. I've gotten to where the 109's never touch me although I still don't get a lot of kills.

On a recent mission I shot down a Stuka, and a 109. Noticed off in the distance was a flight of 111's so I cranked off, and headed to intercept. As I come from behind I start hammering the one furthest in the rear with my 2 nose machineguns. I got two of it's engines to smoking a little, and took out the tail gunner.
As I start really gaining on it now I close in, and hammer down on my cannons. When I get a "Weapon out of ammo" message. Ok no problem it was a good mission all in all so I turn for base.
After landing for some curious reason I hit my secondary fire button. My cannons started firing, and didn't stop for about 4 seconds. Which would have been more than enough to finish off that 111, and bust another one up decently if not destroy it.

Then on another mission it did it again, and in an IL2. For some reason it gives me a "weapon out of ammo" message for all weapons when one weapon is empty. Then shortly after the other weapons seem to start firing again.

XyZspineZyX
09-07-2003, 04:24 AM
Ok a couple of missions now in my I-16 I've had the weirdest thing happen. I've gotten to where the 109's never touch me although I still don't get a lot of kills.

On a recent mission I shot down a Stuka, and a 109. Noticed off in the distance was a flight of 111's so I cranked off, and headed to intercept. As I come from behind I start hammering the one furthest in the rear with my 2 nose machineguns. I got two of it's engines to smoking a little, and took out the tail gunner.
As I start really gaining on it now I close in, and hammer down on my cannons. When I get a "Weapon out of ammo" message. Ok no problem it was a good mission all in all so I turn for base.
After landing for some curious reason I hit my secondary fire button. My cannons started firing, and didn't stop for about 4 seconds. Which would have been more than enough to finish off that 111, and bust another one up decently if not destroy it.

Then on another mission it did it again, and in an IL2. For some reason it gives me a "weapon out of ammo" message for all weapons when one weapon is empty. Then shortly after the other weapons seem to start firing again.

XyZspineZyX
09-07-2003, 04:52 AM
the 'out of ammo' message shows up when one of your guns is no longer able to fire. so if you have 2 mg's and 2 cannons, when the mg's run out of ammo you get the no ammo message, but your cannons are not yet empty. same goes for jammed guns. if you have 2 cannons and one jams, firing them will give you the 'no ammo' message even though one still works. its a little confusing but if you just fire a short burst you can usually see what the problem is.

XyZspineZyX
09-07-2003, 06:56 AM
No I mean once it gives me the "out of ammo" message for one set of guns it doesn't allow me to fire the other set for a short period of time.
This just happened a few moments ago in a BF-109. I downed 3 Russian bombers on the fourth my guns ceased operation. Halfway back to the airfield my machine guns however started firing again to check. I had a whole bunch of MG ammo left.

XyZspineZyX
09-07-2003, 07:18 AM
You know what I noticed the same thing

I was in a DF

I have my Cannons On trigger & mgs on thumb button

I was firing my mgs & ran out I got the indication

@ the same time I tryed to pull the cannon trigger & they would not Fire

I knew I had more cannon cuz I had only shot 3 or 4 of them

So after the "out of ammo" indicator went away I could shoot my cannon again

I just thought maybe it was a controller issue but it has happened before Im gona go test it right now

<center> http://www.onpoi.net/ah/pics/users/ah_109_1062912618.jpg </center>