PDA

View Full Version : Faith in Ubisoft

kbnigaplease
04-06-2006, 06:23 AM
I really think that Ubi is going to bring back the old Rainbow Six game play. I know im not the only one who started out with the original Rainbow for the computer. I have seen this game slip from the best dang tactical shooter I ever seen, to a little kids SWAT Halo. I liked how it use to be, where you were always scared to stick your head out because it most likely would get blown off. The people that were pros at the game ruled it, they new all the weapons, wich one was best for wich level, wich spots people most likely came from. Now it feels like I spawn and just run till I find someone to unload on. I want it back to think before you move, and if you think to long they will make the move. But I have faith in Ubi that there gonna bring this BA gameplay back. Its long over due. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

doubleTAP5.56mm
04-07-2006, 04:37 AM
I really think that Ubi is going to bring back the old Rainbow Six game play.
I know they won't. I could be wrong but it seems obvious to me that these marketers and devs are not the same individuals who created the earlier games. Therefore they don't share the same vision, and the series is merely a product now, a mass media, to be twisted and contorted as required to rake in every dollar from 14-28 year-old shooter fans, from doom to counter strike to halo.
It's just not about making a great R6 anymore. The series' authentic, realistic gameplay and features are history, all that matters now is keeping the teenies plugged into XBLive., looking at all the ads, etc.

Real720
04-07-2006, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by doubleTAP5.56mm:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I really think that Ubi is going to bring back the old Rainbow Six game play.
I know they won't. I could be wrong but it seems obvious to me that these marketers and devs are not the same individuals who created the earlier games. Therefore they don't share the same vision, and the series is merely a product now, a mass media, to be twisted and contorted as required to rake in every dollar from 14-28 year-old shooter fans, from doom to counter strike to halo.
It's just not about making a great R6 anymore. The series' authentic, realistic gameplay and features are history, all that matters now is keeping the teenies plugged into XBLive., looking at all the ads, etc. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Name ONE game, besides Lockdown/Critical Hour, that was a failure.

bdr41
04-07-2006, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by doubleTAP5.56mm:
I know they won't. I could be wrong but it seems obvious to me that these marketers and devs are not the same individuals who created the earlier games.
Producer Chadi Lebbos and lead game designer Maxime Beland were two of the most important people guiding the development of Rainbow Six 3 (both the console versions and Raven Shield for PC).

They are back in the same leadership roles for R6: Vegas.

GSG_9_Rage
04-07-2006, 03:14 PM
I think we need to get tom clancy back on board. He will set them straight. If i were him, i would be embarrased to have my name on a game that isn't tactical in anyway.

Yen Lo
04-07-2006, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by Real720:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by doubleTAP5.56mm:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I really think that Ubi is going to bring back the old Rainbow Six game play.
It's just not about making a great R6 anymore. The series' authentic, realistic gameplay and features are history, all that matters now is keeping the teenies plugged into XBLive., looking at all the ads, etc. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Name ONE game, besides Lockdown/Critical Hour, that was a failure. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you talking about the R6 series or ubis history in general. AND are you talking consoles or pcs or both.
I think all the console games did ok at least.
Lockdown bombed, and RVS(PC) needed 21 hotfixes and patches. Plus they had a LIVE team that made one statement and was never heard from again.
As far as Ubi goes, i dont have exact numbaers but I think that XIII, Cold Fear, King kong, and 187 Ride or Die all underperformed, but i wouldnt know, I didnt play them.