PDA

View Full Version : Should I purchase the novels?

raging8762
12-17-2011, 02:13 AM
I would just like to get some feedback on whether or not the novels are worth purchasing. My main reason to buy them would be to gain insight on what was not portrayed in the games. However I already own the encyclopedia, so I'm curious as to whether that depicts pretty much all the major events within the novels.

Any help would be appreciated.

kriegerdesgottes
12-17-2011, 02:19 AM
I am actually glad I read the Secret Crusade before playing Revelations or I'm pretty sure I would have been confused. I don't know about the others because they usually just go through what happened in the game and maybe a couple small other details but if there is one book I would suggest reading to make more sense of the games it's the Secret Crusade.

LordWolv
12-17-2011, 02:21 AM
I think they're really good reads - and a good book is a good book, whatever they're about. I would definitely recommend them.

raging8762
12-17-2011, 03:22 AM
Well I just bought all 4 books online for a reasonable price. Looking forward to reading them!

CRUDFACE
12-17-2011, 03:24 AM
It depends, I don't like allot of things in there because they sometimes deviate from the game immensely. And they read like "okay" Fanfiction.

Then again, people do like them, as seen by the posts above me. Because some things are different, you'll see a different take on things and other plot elements are explained in detail in them. Lol, so what I'm saying is, give them a shot.

Edit: tell me how they are once you're done with them!

gamertam
12-17-2011, 10:52 PM
Picked up these two novels at local B&N bookstore today.
No Brotherhood copy though but on order. Didn't realized the Secret Crusade book until today. Probably end up getting it as well.

AC novels (http://i954.photobucket.com/albums/ae26/mncper/AssassinsCreed-photos/AssassinsCreed_albumconti/001.jpg)

just finished the first three chapters of the Renaissance. Pretty much spot on to the game's version. Question: were the novel(s) written before/after or during the games creation?.

Serrachio
12-18-2011, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by gamertam:
Picked up these two novels at local B&N bookstore today.
No Brotherhood copy though but on order. Didn't realized the Secret Crusade book until today. Probably end up getting it as well.

AC novels (http://i954.photobucket.com/albums/ae26/mncper/AssassinsCreed-photos/AssassinsCreed_albumconti/001.jpg)

just finished the first three chapters of the Renaissance. Pretty much spot on to the game's version. Question: were the novel(s) written before/after or during the games creation?.

They were being written as the games were being made.

Ubisoft gave Oliver Bowden some of the main structure of the games and allowed him to fill in some other details in his book, but the reason why it doesn't always match is because the game's story changes as it it is in production, due to Ubisoft tweaking it.