PDA

View Full Version : who wants decapitation in the next ac?

edzilla_551
01-12-2011, 04:27 PM
i know i do, after watching movies like 300 and the book of eli, i thought decapition can add more brutality and seriousness to the fight. the fight in acb is already violent but it would be awesome if they pushed the violence abit more further http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

what do you guys think?

notafanboy
01-12-2011, 04:34 PM
no, nothing like that , an assassins job is to assassinate people, not them and then decapitate them . i mean ezio shot people in the face from 0 meter away ,isn´t that enough ?

<span class="ev_code_RED">Please do not bypass the Language Filter.</span>

ninja_7_7
01-12-2011, 04:34 PM
NO add more stealth. Nice clean kills. Assassins are not brutes.

Evan52395
01-12-2011, 04:38 PM
It wouldn't make sense. Assassins are supposed to respect the dead. Picture Ezio lobbing of some guards head, holding their bodies and saying "requiscat in pace" (I'm sure I spelled it wrong but you get the idea). It would just be humorous.

tjzeissler
01-12-2011, 04:38 PM
I would like to see not so much decapitation, but mutilation indeed. Cutting off a guards arm of leg would be pretty neat to see.

Murcuseo
01-12-2011, 04:40 PM
I'd say if there was a single cutscene during a mission, where it was done in silhoette like The Book of Eli(the bit where he fights the soap dodgers under the bridge) it may be fine.

But, having it as an execution would be to much.

notafanboy
01-12-2011, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by Evan52395:
It wouldn't make sense. Assassins are supposed to respect the dead. Picture Ezio lobbing of some guards head, holding their bodies and saying "requiescat in pace" It would just be humorous. fixed ... i think

ThaWhistle
01-12-2011, 09:52 PM
yeah thats right.

i see no need for extra gore. the last thing we need is the violence kiddies to come in and demand emotions and heads cut off and talk about how their parents suck.

HeruGothmog
01-13-2011, 02:38 AM
Originally posted by ninja_7_7:
NO add more stealth. Nice clean kills. Assassins are not brutes. This is the best way to go. The Assassins might kill in the open (this is how it was in AC1) but use stealth to get to the target and clean kills to show their skills.

Ass4ssin8me
01-13-2011, 03:23 AM
If, you want, think this is too un-stealth like, don't play the mobile version of ACB.

Ezio kills Lucrezia in that. And he doesn't use the hidden blades... He shoots her in the face, while one of his recruits runs her through, with a bolt from a ballista ( Most likely incorrect spelling ).. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

Anyway, that was a bit off-topic, but it relates to the problem..

And that problem is - There is already not enough stealth in Assassins Creed. Seriously, if you wan't things like ripping someones head off in the middle of the street, we may aswell be playing Barbarians Creed, or something..

E-Zekiel
01-13-2011, 04:19 AM
Decapitations aren't really in-line with this series' style.

I wouldn't boycott the game or anything, just isn't quite in line with the series' style is all.

SteelCity999
01-13-2011, 07:16 AM
If the next game is set during the French Revolution...we will see decapitation...we just won't be doing it through gameplay - it'll be a cutscene

RebeccaLH
01-13-2011, 03:11 PM
Dont see the appeal in watching virtual decapitation.
Rather just add more stealth like most people have said.

nekov4ego
01-13-2011, 03:40 PM
What about Barbarian's Creed?

RedSpider
01-13-2011, 04:22 PM
Agreeing with the stealth thing. As much as I love violent media, Asassins's Creed wasn't to be that sort of game. I definately miss the stealth of AC1, and think it should go back to being less in the open.

BK-110
01-13-2011, 04:24 PM
What I'd like to see would be actual wounds, cuts and torn clothing. Especially in cutscenes, since it looks weird when someone just got a knife stuck into their abdomen and there isn't even a hole in the clothing... That's probably hard to do, but oh well...

As for decapitation... No, it doesn't fit Assassin's Creed, leave those things to God of War and Brütal Legend.

jzsnyder
01-13-2011, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by BK-110:
What I'd like to see would be actual wounds, cuts and torn clothing. Especially in cutscenes, since it looks weird when someone just got a knife stuck into their abdomen and there isn't even a hole in the clothing... That's probably hard to do, but oh well...

As for decapitation... No, it doesn't fit Assassin's Creed, leave those things to God of War and Brütal Legend.

This
Also I would like to see some better blood effects, because the ones on Brotherhood flash on and off. However, decapitation is a bit much.

Inorganic9_2
01-14-2011, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by HeruGothmog:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ninja_7_7:
NO add more stealth. Nice clean kills. Assassins are not brutes. This is the best way to go. The Assassins might kill in the open (this is how it was in AC1) but use stealth to get to the target and clean kills to show their skills. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed with BOTH of these. No decapitation. There's already a bit too much combat and not enough "sneaking and stabbing"

I-am-the-peel
01-14-2011, 02:58 PM
if cesare decapitated mario, then why can't ezio/future assassin?

Would be fun...

madjedo1
01-14-2011, 03:09 PM
I know assassins are supposed to be all sneaky and, not killing innocents etc. However, just because they are <STRIKE>supposed</STRIKE> to be it, does not mean they are.

A good example would be altair in AC1, he seemed very "unnecessary brutal" to me, killing every informer after pleading for their lifes.

But I don't want it to turn into some kind of Barbarian creed. However, increasing the gore and blood during cutscenes, or even use normal CGI cutscenes with brutal effects and gore would be a nice addition.

And the combat is already very brutal in ACB. I like it, nice nasty finishers http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif

But heads rolling around and... I don't know. But more gore in cutscenes, no problem for me, adds more realism aswell. Murder ain't pretty.

<span class="ev_code_RED">Please do not bypass the Language Filter.</span>

Inorganic9_2
01-14-2011, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by I-am-the-peel:
if cesare decapitated mario, then why can't ezio/future assassin?

Would be fun...

1. Cesare is not an Assassin
2. Cesare did not decapitate Mario

@madjedo1
Altaďr wasn't being brutal, he was being practical. No matter how much someone pleas for their life or says they will help him, they are sene to be preaching for their master. They will tell him as soon as they are safe. That is why Altaďr kills them.

"So, you'll let me go?"
"Would that I could..."

lawlosaur
01-14-2011, 11:00 PM
Maybe add the Slow motion button for epic moments. Like right about when you're about to horizontally slice someones head with an axe you can press the slowmotion button for sheer epicness. Then watch the blood fly.

maglaromuna
01-15-2011, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by BK-110:
What I'd like to see would be actual wounds, cuts and torn clothing.

yes exactly, it would look like its more realsitic, and when the assassin is in the cutscene where the target is either bargaining or in an epiphany, nlood is running down and you can see a stab wound.

maglaromuna
01-15-2011, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by lawlosaur:
Maybe add the Slow motion button for epic moments.

YES! totally, but it would rather be awesome if it is automatic, like air assassinations trigger slow motion effect, and counter kills as well,

maglaromuna
01-15-2011, 06:16 PM
i dont think the combat in acb is brutal, its alright, it does not need any addition. i just dont like how the camera gets stuck in geography, its so hard, like if i want to have 49 kill streaks uninterrupted, i have to consistenly move the camera some place else, its quite annoying for the time being.

rileypoole1234
01-15-2011, 06:19 PM
yea it would kinda go against the "creed"

Masta_Pain
01-15-2011, 07:18 PM
No way, Assassins are meant to be stealthy, subtle, and minimalistic, not barbarians. If you want decapitations go play God of War 3.

germanosz
01-16-2011, 09:58 AM
I want it, but make it so assassins can't use it (mercenaries, for example)

PhiIs1618033
01-16-2011, 11:31 AM
I'm serious about this. If the next Assassin's Creed features decapitation in combat, I'm not going to engage in combat AT ALL.
The execution streak stuff is bad enough as it is. The Hidden Blades are like any other weapon now. Please, do not make it even worse.

Black_Widow9
01-16-2011, 01:11 PM
Please post this here-
Assassins Creed: Brotherhood feedback thread. (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/4821045298)
Thanks http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

<span class="ev_code_RED">Topic Closed</span>