PDA

View Full Version : [ACR]Problem with Mercenary guild challenge

KuldarYldrad
11-14-2011, 05:59 AM
I have trouble to finish one challenge of the mercenary guild. We have to make 10 Streaks of at least 5 kills. My problem is that i can't find any place in Constantinople with enough guards without janissary. Do you have any idea where in Constantinople I can finish this challenge?

And when i try to load a mission with enough guards, it's not counted for the challenge. Is it a bug?

tjbyrum1
11-14-2011, 06:23 AM
I don't have the game yet, so I doubt I will be of any help.

But I noticed the Byzantine Templars do not have anyone like the Jans in their patrols. Possibly try to do it on them?

Oh yeah, and is the challenge asking you to get 10 kill streaks, with each kill streak being 5 or more kills?

KuldarYldrad
11-14-2011, 06:31 AM
Originally posted by tjbyrum1:Oh yeah, and is the challenge asking you to get 10 kill streaks, with each kill streak being 5 or more kills? Yes, it's like in AC:B.

AnthonyA85
11-14-2011, 07:50 AM
Well, in ACB, most patrols were 4 guards a group, so, the trick would be to harrass a group of regular guards, then run and find another group, so you'll be facing 8 guards instead of four, then hack away.

That should work for you in ACR, since it worked for me in ACB, and the fact that mission kill streaks aren't been counted is probably a bug, will hopefully get fixed in the patch tomorrow

DarkSeraphim666
11-19-2011, 12:17 AM
im having the same problem and its not that we cant get enough people its that u cant kill combo the janisary dudes and the byzantine dudes are NOWHERE to be found in large numbers after uve completed the game. replay missions dont work either. so....?

TacoBellTallyHo
11-19-2011, 12:31 AM
Someone somewhere else said memory 4-3. It worked well for me

Collinwood01
11-19-2011, 01:17 AM
Anything in sequence 4 will work.

zeke-44
11-19-2011, 01:54 AM
actual there is a way to fight byzantines soliders after beating game. take the ferry to cappadocia. its on the southeast of the the northern island. tons of soliders there without the janissaries

Valerius85
12-04-2011, 06:31 AM
so what to do if the combo-streak doesn't get updated?

Didn't know about the ferry to cappadocia so went there to try and get the challenge done.
I've had 2 confirmed 5-streak combos, with only the 1st kill in the streak being a counter, yet my challenge still reads as 3/10 which I already had.

Also checked with the "Kill by throwing swords", doesn't update either. Had 3/5, killed 2 guards by throwing my sword as them and still 3/5.
It updates just fine outside of Cappadocia though...

Another small addendum. No updates when replaying an earlier sequence, no matter if you finish the sequence with a win or just leave once the task is done.
Went into the last memory of sequence 2 (retaking the grand basar den) still with 3/10 in combo and now 4/5 in sword throwing. Killed 1 guard on the docks by throwing sword, no completion. Managed to get a 5-combo kill at the den (very difficult due to the enemy almost always running away once you hit 3) and no update. Completed the memory and checked again outside of it, no updates.
Went to the docks in "real time". Threw a sword at a janisary and "set completed".

Kytr
12-05-2011, 09:59 AM
I have completed challenges (specifically Den Defense) during memories (I was trying for the Perfect Defense trophy), so I do not know why you might not have gotten the completions.

Nothing you do in Cappadocia counts for the Constantinople guilds -- you need to achieve them in Constantinople.

Unfortunately, once the Janissaries start being included in the patrols, it is very difficult to get the 5 kill streak -- they will break the chain, since it takes 3 counterstrikes to kill each.

nitesh1691
12-16-2011, 11:38 AM
So then any ideas how to complete the combo kill streak of 5 with the janissaries in the game?

abe70280
12-16-2011, 04:10 PM
assassinate janissaries first by going behind their back then run and find another group. repeat process and streak kill.

long process if you ask me.

i did this challenge when i'm still in memory sequence 2 or 3? and it's easy since there aren't any janissaries roaming in the game yet.