PDA

View Full Version : Flying Fish......

walsh2509
05-19-2005, 05:00 AM
Flying Fish......ing boat!

In a storm of the west coast of Ireland, I happened apon a 110ton fishing boat. I got in behind her and from about 1300mt I fired of a torp at her, I set it to zero depth as the boat was at times high on waves and I didn't want it to slip under her.

I used the cam (92% realism)to follow the torp, as the ocean rose and fell at times you could see the torp out of the water.

As it closed it was heading right into the stern of the boat, and just as the boats bow was crashing down into an oncoming wave the torp expolded into the stern of the fishing boat.

As the water spout that the explosion flung up cleared (seconds) the boat was gone, nothing, no somking on fire sinking boat! Nothing it was gone..

That was until 5 or 6 seconds after the water spout flung up by the explosion cleared, then right in front of me the fishing boat came flying up out of the water some 10 to 15 ft in the air stern first and landed back down on the ocean.

Its deck-house was on fire and only took about 7 or 8 seconds to slip stern first into a watery grave.

The torpedo exploding at the stern as the bow was crashing down under the next high wave must have shot the boat into a crash dive under the waves and then it came flying back out again!

I kid you not, it happened!

anyone else seen this , I guess I was lucky? the timing of the explosion just as the boat was coming down off a high wave and the next crashing over its bow.

walsh2509
05-19-2005, 05:00 AM
Flying Fish......ing boat!

In a storm of the west coast of Ireland, I happened apon a 110ton fishing boat. I got in behind her and from about 1300mt I fired of a torp at her, I set it to zero depth as the boat was at times high on waves and I didn't want it to slip under her.

I used the cam (92% realism)to follow the torp, as the ocean rose and fell at times you could see the torp out of the water.

As it closed it was heading right into the stern of the boat, and just as the boats bow was crashing down into an oncoming wave the torp expolded into the stern of the fishing boat.

As the water spout that the explosion flung up cleared (seconds) the boat was gone, nothing, no somking on fire sinking boat! Nothing it was gone..

That was until 5 or 6 seconds after the water spout flung up by the explosion cleared, then right in front of me the fishing boat came flying up out of the water some 10 to 15 ft in the air stern first and landed back down on the ocean.

Its deck-house was on fire and only took about 7 or 8 seconds to slip stern first into a watery grave.

The torpedo exploding at the stern as the bow was crashing down under the next high wave must have shot the boat into a crash dive under the waves and then it came flying back out again!

I kid you not, it happened!

anyone else seen this , I guess I was lucky? the timing of the explosion just as the boat was coming down off a high wave and the next crashing over its bow.

KorvKpt
05-19-2005, 05:05 AM
"Flying Fish" are reported frequently.

God, I wish this game had a "Screen Video" feature, I'd like to see my 4- torp- salvo cutting through the waves again.

Looked like a mob of dolphins http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif... but more explosive.

walsh2509
05-19-2005, 05:10 AM
I guess if like me you set the depth to zero and its a 15km per second storm then you will see it come out of the water..

That was ok, but it was the fishing boat! It was totally gone as the water flung up by the explosion had cleared and that's gone in sceonds, then for it to come flying back out of the water into the air and land back on an even keel was amazing!

Praetorian_Elite
05-19-2005, 07:21 AM
Why would you waste a torpedo on a small fishing boat? I met a fishing boat but thought it was a waste of a torpedo so I let it go by. I was also too lazy to get perpendicular to it.

Although, I would have used the deck gun if I could have but there was a storm going on.

I had the flying boat thing happen to me when I hit a PT boat with a torpedo.

The Avon Lady
05-19-2005, 07:38 AM
It's the Black Pearl! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

jbacon69
05-20-2005, 04:43 PM
I had a torp flying off a wave crest into a dd gun turret. Bounced off http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif also tried to sneak into scapa in a hellacious storm. fired a t1 at an elco boat and it hit the poor guy in the back with the gun he was toast but elco kept going.