PDA

View Full Version : i miss altair :(

klaytonmh95
06-23-2010, 08:37 PM
remember altair the guy who made us love this series but now they have ezio.well i hope they have a level with altair in brotherhoods.like in ac2 they did that i dont want to play altair on the psp and getting bored of the first and second game.What you guys thank? should they do another game or level with altair???

http://assassinscreed-brotherhoods.webs.com/

john63
06-23-2010, 10:06 PM
I agree. I would love to have more games with Altair (on an actual console, in a good game.) Although I don't know what more we could do with him, that wouldn't interfere with the cannon; I mean, we can't do anything after that night in the tower with Maria, because it would be impossible for Desmond to access those events. Plus we pretty-much know what happened with Altair after the end of AC1, thanks to the codex; (SPOILERS)

<span class="ev_code_WHITE">He studied the heck out of the Piece of Eden, learning all sorts of scientific things (round earth, solar system, super-armor, solar flare, etc...), became a leader among the assassins with Malik, altered many of their old traditions (like no poison) and adopted a "protect the innocent by any means necessary" mentality, designed all sorts of weaponry with the help of the PoE, took the PoE to Cyprus, married and had kids with Maria, has a family outing for his sons to kill Genghis Kahn, and possibly looked at the PoE one last time before death. (We don't know what he saw, if he did.)</span>

Anyway, IDK where there could be a new story in there, that doesn't cover what we already know. Maybe we could follow his sons during their time with the mongols, and see Altair that way...

Hideru
06-24-2010, 12:11 AM
I hope after Brotherhood It'll be a finale ending with only Desmond and Altair.

Ru1986
06-24-2010, 02:45 AM
Only problem with Altair is what is an American doing in the Holyland beofre America was even discovered?????????? (Sorry for all the question marks but i have asked this before and it was dodged) Also the other problem was he was a dull character no me personally i think the Italina influence has made me love this series more i personally hope they never stear clear of Itlay Ezio over Altair anyday.

Bruno_Berg
06-24-2010, 03:42 AM
Why would you want Alta´r instead of Ezio? Alta´r wasn't a very interesting character, at least not in AC1. You never really got to know him like you did with Ezio. Ezio is a lot more well presented and a more interesting character overall, at least that's my opinion. They could evolve the whole Alta´r thing though ( The codex pages were a pretty good way to weave him into the story ) but it should end with that, no Alta´r as the main character. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Ru1986
06-24-2010, 04:06 AM
I agree with Bruno_Berg here Ezio has far more charisma, flamboinecy and attitude also he was a real person in Renaisence history so there is historical relations gamers can make to Ezio. I think Altiar is boring and not massively well developed as seeing, as hes from the Holyland in 1190 he doesn't speak arabic or at least with an eastern accent very bizzare?

Datashocker
06-24-2010, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by Ru1986:
I agree with Bruno_Berg here Ezio has far more charisma, flamboinecy and attitude also he was a real person in Renaisence history so there is historical relations gamers can make to Ezio. I think Altiar is boring and not massively well developed as seeing, as hes from the Holyland in 1190 he doesn't speak arabic or at least with an eastern accent very bizzare?

Correction: He was NOT a real person in history, in fact, his entire family didn't exist.

El_Sjietah
06-24-2010, 10:15 AM
Altair misses you too.

lilbacchant
06-24-2010, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by El_Sjietah:
Altair misses you too.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

VRTX97
06-24-2010, 01:19 PM
Altair misses you too.

Lol.

And if you miss him, get a DS and wait for more of his story on AC: Lost Legacy next year.

klaytonmh95
06-24-2010, 01:27 PM
Only problem with Altair is what is an American doing in the Holyland beofre America was even discovered?????????? (Sorry for all the question marks but i have asked this before and it was dodged) Also the other problem was he was a dull character no me personally i think the Italina influence has made me love this series more i personally hope they never stear clear of Itlay Ezio over Altair anyday.
your ******ed america wasnt even discovered in 1191 so how would he be american.

Marius_Darkwolf
06-24-2010, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by Datashocker:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ru1986:

Correction: He was NOT a real person in history, in fact, his entire family didn't exist. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Um.. sorry to burst your bubble, but the Auditore's did exist, and yes there really was an Ezio Auditore. Now weither or not he actually did any of the things he's depicted of doing in AC2 is extremely unlikely, but he was a real person

phil.llllll
06-24-2010, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Marius_Darkwolf:

Um.. sorry to burst your bubble, but the Auditore's did exist, and yes there really was an Ezio Auditore. Now weither or not he actually did any of the things he's depicted of doing in AC2 is extremely unlikely, but he was a real person

You're right. He did exist. I know because I have access to an animus and it proved I was related to him...

Seriously though, I think you've taken the fiction too seriously. Unless you were joking.

mexican5243
06-24-2010, 04:28 PM
It would be cool if there is a DLC that has Altair in it.

Bruno_Berg
06-24-2010, 04:55 PM

Yeah...Like phil.llllll said. The Auditore's did not exist. They are in fact fictional.

albertwesker22
06-24-2010, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by Bruno_Berg:
Why would you want Alta´r instead of Ezio? Alta´r wasn't a very interesting character, at least not in AC1. You never really got to know him like you did with Ezio. Ezio is a lot more well presented and a more interesting character overall, at least that's my opinion. They could evolve the whole Alta´r thing though ( The codex pages were a pretty good way to weave him into the story ) but it should end with that, no Alta´r as the main character. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Some people like Mary Sue's?

SpartanGraphics
07-01-2010, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by klaytonmh95:
remember altair the guy who made us love this series but now they have ezio.well i hope they have a level with altair in brotherhoods.like in ac2 they did that i dont want to play altair on the psp and getting bored of the first and second game.What you guys thank? should they do another game or level with altair???

altair was an amazing assassin, i also miss him, none of this. oh no im now an assassin. he was born to be one.

Fairus60
07-01-2010, 02:55 PM
I completely agree. We need another Altair game in PS3. I miss him a lot. I felt he was more interesting than Ezio. I believe they wont return to Altair before AC3. As a spin off most likely

El_Sjietah
07-01-2010, 03:29 PM
Altair didn't get stabbed when he was giving his dramatic pre-death speech. Twice.

So yeh, Altair > Ezio.

Vice8641
07-01-2010, 04:17 PM
Alta´r was an interesting character, but the way the game presented him rendered him as being quite dull and simpleminded. The way cutscenes were handles was annoying (however, I first played ACII then AC) and the whole way his "betrayal" was presented in the start of the game wasn't very believable.
But why I said he's interesting, is because of the codex pages in ACII. I read all of them and they're very philosophical and interesting to read, I really expected more of his character in the first game.
But then again, maybe his cockiness and arrogance in the first game can be explained through his age; I think he was, what, 24 in AC? Anyway, I don't miss Alta´r; give me more of Ezio's story!

greekassassin1
07-01-2010, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by Vice8641:
Alta´r was an interesting character, but the way the game presented him rendered him as being quite dull and simpleminded. The way cutscenes were handles was annoying (however, I first played ACII then AC) and the whole way his "betrayal" was presented in the start of the game wasn't very believable.
But why I said he's interesting, is because of the codex pages in ACII. I read all of them and they're very philosophical and interesting to read, I really expected more of his character in the first game.
But then again, maybe his cockiness and arrogance in the first game can be explained through his age; I think he was, what, 24 in AC? Anyway, I don't miss Alta´r; give me more of Ezio's story!
really?was he so young??

KZarr
07-01-2010, 05:06 PM
If you want philosophical Altair you should play the PSP game.

Fairus60
07-01-2010, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by KZarr:
If you want philosophical Altair you should play the PSP game.
Yeah, but rent it. Overall, it aint a really good game.

Vice8641
07-02-2010, 06:25 AM
Originally posted by greekassassin1:
really?was he so young??
I just checked some info: apparently, he was born in 1165. and the events of AC take place during 1191. So yeah, I didn't miss by much; he was 26.

Fairus60
07-04-2010, 08:35 PM
Do you guys think he might make another appeareance in Brotherhood? something like the dream sequence or another unlockable costume?

Flippy_08
07-04-2010, 09:37 PM
Ezio doesn't exist, he was just a fictional character. And if he did. He would be part of the world history by now. However, his friend; Leonardo da Vinci was somehow true, he was a painter, musician, sculptor and etc.
BUT NOT AN APPRENTICE OF AN ASSASSIN THAT MAKE WEAPONS LIKE HIDDEN BLADES, etc.

phil.llllll
07-04-2010, 10:15 PM
He was precisely 25 in AC - which took place through the months of July, August and September.

It's in the game manual along with other little bits of info such as his height, weight, and blood type - along with Desmonds which matches up.

and the whole way his "betrayal" was presented in the start of the game wasn't very believable.

It seemed quite believable in my opinion. He basically did just almost topple his whole Brotherhood with his actions.

It's there in the first game as well. His speaches with Al Mualim are worth paying the most attention too. There's also a lot to be seen in the memory dialogs that most people miss or don't know about.

edzilla_551
07-04-2010, 10:35 PM
i miss altair aswell but i like ezio better, i mean i like both equally but ezio had a better story and i think everyone can agree with me there. but lets hope altair shows up in acb like he did in ac2.

ALTAIR WILL BE LONG REMEMBERED BUT I THINK HIS TIME IS OVER http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Fairus60
07-04-2010, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by phil.llllll:
He was precisely 25 in AC - which took place through the months of July, August and September.

It's in the game manual along with other little bits of info such as his height, weight, and blood type - along with Desmonds which matches up.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">and the whole way his "betrayal" was presented in the start of the game wasn't very believable.

It seemed quite believable in my opinion. He basically did just almost topple his whole Brotherhood with his actions.

It's there in the first game as well. His speaches with Al Mualim are worth paying the most attention too. There's also a lot to be seen in the memory dialogs that most people miss or don't know about. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Completely agree with phil. Altair┤s discussions with Al Mualim are quite interesting. My favorite is the one in the final battle, right before the final stage of the fight. Their arguments seemed pretty solid to me. But what fascinates me the most about the character is his character progression. If you analyze it, it is quite comparable to Ezio┤s. Ezio progressed as embracing the Assassin life. Altair learned to become a more humble and reflexive man and to learn the true meaning of the Creed. I believ both stories are equally profound. The difference is that it was better told in AC2. The codex is sort of like the legacy of that personal change Altair went through. I believe it is understood far better if you really understood Altair┤s evolution through AC1. Thats why Altair is a character that deserves a return to home consoles. Besides, I feel Ezio lacks that philosophical side Altair had. Hope he develops this more in Brotherhood.

Scazza2010
07-07-2010, 07:01 AM
I miss Altair and would like to see him as a master assassin but i want to see much more of Desmond and the modern day battle http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

WackoJacko_7
07-07-2010, 11:59 AM
I seriously don't see why every1 prefers Altair to Ezio, In like everyway Ezio is better, he's even more significant to the whole assassin ansetry...

Ok Altair did start of the line of assassin's and his sons as assassin's and theirs after them, ok aswell we know he found the Apple Of Eden, and did we know he did go of to asia in his later yers but Ezio is soooo more significant...

Ezio was the prohet in which to speak to desmond, who is the main charcter through all this, he was the one that unlocked subject 16's finding of Adam and Eve, and the Apple Of Eden, He was the one who collected all the codex pages together and found the map of the world with all the Pieces Of Eden on, and on top of all that he started the brotherhood of as we know by... Assassin's Creed Brotherhood.

So seriously why does everyone want Altair back anyway... He's nothing special. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

WackoJacko_7
07-07-2010, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by Flippy_08:
Ezio doesn't exist, he was just a fictional character. And if he did. He would be part of the world history by now. However, his friend; Leonardo da Vinci was somehow true, he was a painter, musician, sculptor and etc.

OMG OMG OMFG, Do you think were all <span class="ev_code_RED">***EDIT***</span> , we know all this isn't <span class="ev_code_RED">***EDIT***</span> true we know its a game and we know Leonardo Da Vinci didn't make things for assassin's, we also do know that star wars and call of duty is not real ... just to clarify!

mikeh1294
07-07-2010, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by WackoJacko_7:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Flippy_08:

OMG OMG OMFG, Do you think were all <span class="ev_code_RED">***EDIT***</span> , we know all this isn't <span class="ev_code_RED">***EDIT***</span> true we know its a game and we know Leonardo Da Vinci didn't make things for assassin's, we also do know that star wars and call of duty is not real ... just to clarify! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Erm... he was posting in response to this:

Originally posted by Marius_Darkwolf:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Datashocker:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ru1986:

Correction: He was NOT a real person in history, in fact, his entire family didn't exist. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Um.. sorry to burst your bubble, but the Auditore's did exist, and yes there really was an Ezio Auditore. Now weither or not he actually did any of the things he's depicted of doing in AC2 is extremely unlikely, but he was a real person </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So maybe read the thread next time, instead of just flipping out and swearing at people, OK?

El_Sjietah
07-07-2010, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by WackoJacko_7:
I seriously don't see why every1 prefers Altair to Ezio, In like everyway Ezio is better, he's even more significant to the whole assassin ansetry...

Ok Altair did start of the line of assassin's and his sons as assassin's and theirs after them, ok aswell we know he found the Apple Of Eden, and did we know he did go of to asia in his later yers but Ezio is soooo more significant...

Ezio was the prohet in which to speak to desmond, who is the main charcter through all this, he was the one that unlocked subject 16's finding of Adam and Eve, and the Apple Of Eden, He was the one who collected all the codex pages together and found the map of the world with all the Pieces Of Eden on, and on top of all that he started the brotherhood of as we know by... Assassin's Creed Brotherhood.

So seriously why does everyone want Altair back anyway... He's nothing special. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

Altair didn't get stabbed by his target.

Twice.

Ezio may have found the codex, but Altair wrote it.

Ezio may have found the map of all the pieces, but Altair made it.

And Desmond found out about the Truth through the Animus. Ezio had nothing to do with it.

Ezio is just a naive boy with a hidden blade compared to Altair. The whole dependance on third parties doesn't make his case any stronger.

XXlandorinXX
07-07-2010, 04:57 PM
Only problem with Altair is what is an American doing in the Holyland beofre America was even discovered??????????

well first off america isn the holyland. the holy land is jerusulum(srry if i spelled it wrong) for christains,muslums,and jews and the later generations most likely moved 2 america. hopes this helps

greekassassin1
07-07-2010, 07:07 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WackoJacko_7:

Twice.

Ezio may have found the codes, but Altair wrote it.

And Desmond found out about the Truth through the Animus. Ezio had nothing to do with it.

Ezio is just a naive boy with a hidden blade compared to Altair. The whole dependance on third parties doesn't make his case any stronger. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you really shut this guy's mouth! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Fairus60
07-07-2010, 07:35 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WackoJacko_7:

Twice.

Ezio is just a naive boy with a hidden blade compared to Altair. The whole dependance on third parties doesn't make his case any stronger. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Holy ****!! You are my idol dude!! After Altair, of course http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

Ru1986
07-08-2010, 03:47 AM
your ******ed america wasnt even discovered in 1191 so how would he be american.

http://assassinscreed-brotherhoods.webs.com/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL that was my point. What was an american doing in the Holyland in 1191 when America wasn't even discovered. ****** no just read and understand before you post in future.

So in answer to your question have you even played the first game if you ahve you would know Altair spoke with an american accent so that was my point. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif

So what i stated was "before America was even discovered" did you miss that bit. I diddnt say he was American i said why would he speak with an American accent and usually if someone speaks with an american accent jit would denote they are American (unless your Rhiana who seems to have lost he routes)

Ru1986
07-08-2010, 03:59 AM
Originally posted by XXlandorinXX:
Only problem with Altair is what is an American doing in the Holyland beofre America was even discovered??????????

well first off america isn the holyland. the holy land is jerusulum(srry if i spelled it wrong) for christains,muslums,and jews and the later generations most likely moved 2 america. hopes this helps </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not sure you understand my point mate. Why did Altair speak with an American accent when hes from the Holyland i know were the Holyland is i passed A-Level geography and have even been to Israel and Syria and seen the Holyland for myself but thanks for the effort i just want to know why UBI thought it a good idea to make an acient Assassin born in acient Holyland speak with an American accent????

zarens
07-08-2010, 02:52 PM

altair might be coming back in AC3...and no brotherhood is not AC3 its just like a bit addon of AC2 exept in a full new game mode, AC3 wont be coming til maybe 2 years, and thats good plenty of tim for them to finish the era ASSASSIN'S CREED! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif rofl

notafanboy
07-08-2010, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by greekassassin1:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Vice8641:
really?was he so young?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
he was 25

greekassassin1
07-08-2010, 05:53 PM

Twice.

Ezio may have found the codex, but Altair wrote it.

and something more!according to the codex pages Altair invented the double hidden blades and the way to keep your finger!i like Ezio much but i equally like Altair!

SWJS
07-10-2010, 03:44 AM

Twice.

Ezio is just a naive boy with a hidden blade compared to Altair. The whole dependance on third parties doesn't make his case any stronger.
If you pay attention, Ezio goes through what Altair goes through, although differently. His father and brothers are murdered, and his mother becomes a shocked mute. Therfore, he loses his parents. Ezio also get's involved with the Brotherhood at a young age. And like Altair, Ezio progresses. He wises up, and even admits how arrogant and naive he was. It was the mission in Venice, after Rosa hands you the ship log and you talk with Leonardo. He even gives up his quest for revenge and goes on about being the Prophet. He isn't young and Naive after that.

For quite some time after his Mistakes, Altair still thinks himself better than the other assassins. Altair was young and Naive just like Ezio in AC1. He only wrote the codex in his later years, and he never would have made the map if he hadn't had the POE. Essentially, Altair had help from what the TWCB, making him no more than a wise plagarist. They really aren't that different.

To be fair, Altair gets stabbed by his own master. After this, he still continues to be a lapdog to him, throughout the entire game. Ezio starts off free. He joins the Brotherhood and accepts it on his own free will. Not through the promise of wine and women. And if Ezio hadn't gathered the codex in one spot and had it deciphered by Leonardo, the modern day guys would still be looking for it, and they'd have to waste time deciphering the pages themselves. Not to mention they use Ezio's memories to train him. Sure Altair gave him eagle vision, but the rest came from Ezio.

As such, they are both important, both awesome, and both just as essential to the plot as the other, as without either of them, the plot would never have advanced and the world would be toast. It doesn't matter who came first. The master will always have an equal successor. Claiming Altair came first and set everything in motion doesn't make your opinion any more correct.

Ezio is just as good/important as Altair, and is more than just some 'naive boy'. Altair wasn't the perffect assassin everyone makes him out to be either, he made mistakes, and he was young and arrogant too. They are very much alike, and without either of them, we wouldn't be where we are today.

So yes, we will miss Altair, and currently we have Ezio to to worship as a badass. When AC3 comes around, we'll have yet another new Ancestor, and the cries for Ezio will mimic the cries for Altair.

GhostAssassin17
07-10-2010, 04:57 AM
I totally agree with Bruno but i have to be honest with you i liked altair a lot but then ezio came he is so much more then altair so i would definitely say no i dont miss altair

Fairus60
07-10-2010, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by EzioTheAssassin:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Altair didn't get stabbed by his target.

Twice.

If you pay attention, Ezio goes through what Altair goes through, although differently. His father and brothers are murdered, and his mother becomes a shocked mute. Therfore, he loses his parents. Ezio also get's involved with the Brotherhood at a young age. And like Altair, Ezio progresses. He wises up, and even admits how arrogant and naive he was. It was the mission in Venice, after Rosa hands you the ship log and you talk with Leonardo. He even gives up his quest for revenge and goes on about being the Prophet. He isn't young and Naive after that.

For quite some time after his Mistakes, Altair still thinks himself better than the other assassins. Altair was young and Naive just like Ezio in AC1. He only wrote the codex in his later years, and he never would have made the map if he hadn't had the POE. Essentially, Altair had help from what the TWCB, making him no more than a wise plagarist. They really aren't that different.

To be fair, Altair gets stabbed by his own master. After this, he still continues to be a lapdog to him, throughout the entire game. Ezio starts off free. He joins the Brotherhood and accepts it on his own free will. Not through the promise of wine and women. And if Ezio hadn't gathered the codex in one spot and had it deciphered by Leonardo, the modern day guys would still be looking for it, and they'd have to waste time deciphering the pages themselves. Not to mention they use Ezio's memories to train him. Sure Altair gave him eagle vision, but the rest came from Ezio.

As such, they are both important, both awesome, and both just as essential to the plot as the other, as without either of them, the plot would never have advanced and the world would be toast. It doesn't matter who came first. The master will always have an equal successor. Claiming Altair came first and set everything in motion doesn't make your opinion any more correct.

Ezio is just as good/important as Altair, and is more than just some 'naive boy'. Altair wasn't the perffect assassin everyone makes him out to be either, he made mistakes, and he was young and arrogant too. They are very much alike, and without either of them, we wouldn't be where we are today.

So yes, we will miss Altair, and currently we have Ezio to to worship as a badass. When AC3 comes around, we'll have yet another new Ancestor, and the cries for Ezio will mimic the cries for Altair. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I agree with you, in most of your argument. Just as I posted before, both are as important as the other. Both stories are equally profound, and both were important to modern day and to the order in general. Now, about Altair still serving Al-Mualim after the stabbing, it could be explained that, as the codex indicates and due to the Assassin lifestyle, Altair saw him as his own father, so he would "understand" his methods of teaching. And when Ac3 comes, I believe the cries for Ezio will be acompannied with those for Altair. Unless the new assassin definetly beats them both and finally make us forget about Ezio and Altair. I honestly hope not.