PDA

View Full Version : The Pieces of Eden... Preservation or Destruction?

LordWolv
12-03-2011, 11:23 AM
I was wondering about the pros and cons of the PoEs last night.

Would it be better to keep them and have access to their powers, but with the possibility of the templars getting hold of them? Would it be better to destroy them to prevent any chances of the templars stealing and using them, while not being able to use the PoEs yourselves?

We all know that the templars strive to have them for one reason only: Taking over the world, killing anyone who stands in their way, and once everyone who is against the templars is dead there will be 'world peace'.

The assassins seem to strive to get them, then protect them under close, close moderation. They intend to hide them from the templars, and definitely not use them for their own gain. But if this is the case, why don't the assassins just destroy them?

reini03
12-03-2011, 11:25 AM
I don't think destroying them is an option. Remember Juno's words "We destroyed what we could, hid what we could not". That likely refers to the Pieces of Eden, meaning that not even Those Who Came Before themselves could destroy them. And if they couldn't, I don't hink any human being could. Then again, Alta´r wrote in his codex that the Apple would probably even tell him how to destroy it if he asked...

LightRey
12-03-2011, 11:26 AM
Destruction would be best. However, considering the circumstances they might be necessary to save the world or something.

Eregost
12-03-2011, 11:27 AM
I'd like to point out that until modern times, there was no way to destroy the PoEs so it was not an option.

MagnifyHope, 2 pieces of Eden including Altair's Apple have been destroyed in modern times so it is possible.

I'd also like to add that given what we see in ACR, the assassin's goals seem to be taking over the world, killing anyone who stands in their way, and once everyone who is against the assassins is dead there will be 'world peace'.

LordWolv
12-03-2011, 11:30 AM
ACB SPOILERS

<span class="ev_code_WHITE">What about at the beginning of ACB, then. Mario and Ezio stood at the top of that tower, and Mario asked Ezio if he was going to throw it into the lake. </span>

Understandably, that might not have actually destroyed it, but at least it would be lost. If a PoE was lost, and could never be found, wouldn't it be the same as being destroyed?

LightRey
12-03-2011, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by Eregost:
I'd like to point out that until modern times, there was no way to destroy the PoEs so it was not an option.

MagnifyHope, 2 pieces of Eden including Altair's Apple have been destroyed in modern times so it is possible.

I'd also like to add that given what we see in ACR, the assassin's goals seem to be taking over the world, killing anyone who stands in their way, and once everyone who is against the assassins is dead there will be 'world peace'.
Maybe, but even when destroyed, parts of them can still hold power, like with the staff. Destroying them might not work.

Abeonis
12-03-2011, 11:33 AM
Considering what happened (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Tunguska_explosion) when they attempted to destroy the Staff (and failed), I don't think destroying every single PoE is practical.

Eregost
12-03-2011, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by Isaac500:
ACB SPOILERS

<span class="ev_code_WHITE">What about at the beginning of ACB, then. Mario and Ezio stood at the top of that tower, and Mario asked Ezio if he was going to throw it into the lake. </span>

Understandably, that might not have actually destroyed it, but at least it would be lost. If a PoE was lost, and could never be found, wouldn't it be the same as being destroyed?

You can't hide something forever. Think the One Ring :P

LordWolv
12-03-2011, 11:35 AM
In Altair's Codex, it said that the Apple would most definitely tell him how to destroy itself if he asked.