PDA

View Full Version : Investigation



Assassin8me
06-11-2011, 03:23 PM
Hey guys. Although AC1 had its flaws, there is one thing i miss about it- investigation. The concept, not as much as the way it was executed in the game, but still.
I think it would be awsome as Ezio to kinda be able to talk to random people, gather information, evedrop and listen to conversations.

HOWEVER, i think it would be more satisfying and challanging NOT to include this info in missions.
Instead, as Ezio explores Constantinopole he stumbles upon random events (ive read somewhere there will be such events), like converstationa among merchants regarding Ezio's target, or about treasure in the city.
This way ezio stumbles upon and collects information from citizens, and mabye he could read announcements and such, or pickpoket a random citizens and recieve a note with usefull information.

This would make me at least feel more like a real assassin, planning his moves well before striking.
What do you guys think? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/crackwhip.gif

iN3krO
06-11-2011, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by Assassin8me:
Hey guys. Although AC1 had its flaws, there is one thing i miss about it- investigation. The concept, not as much as the way it was executed in the game, but still.
I think it would be awsome as Ezio to kinda be able to talk to random people, gather information, evedrop and listen to conversations.

HOWEVER, i think it would be more satisfying and challanging NOT to include this info in missions.
Instead, as Ezio explores Constantinopole he stumbles upon random events (ive read somewhere there will be such events), like converstationa among merchants regarding Ezio's target, or about treasure in the city.
This way ezio stumbles upon and collects information from citizens, and mabye he could read announcements and such, or pickpoket a random citizens and recieve a note with usefull information.

This would make me at least feel more like a real assassin, planning his moves well before striking.
What do you guys think? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/crackwhip.gif

it would be nice to pickpocket some citzens and if 1 or 2 would drop information with it...

Also, there could be random missions where there are guards talking and u have to hear them... as it's random you won't see it on the map xD

Mutley_Rulz
06-11-2011, 05:40 PM
I like the concept but it's pretty difficult to use without just giving background knowledge on a target or stating the obvious.

The only real use I can see is if you hear that the target has a dislike of crowded areas (meaning you would have to plan according to not blending with the crowd) or that there is an alternate route to their location, of course since pretty much all targets stay in one location only the latter is plausible, and it's rather difficult to provide other routes without stating the obvious.

iN3krO
06-11-2011, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Mutley_Rulz:
I like the concept but it's pretty difficult to use without just giving background knowledge on a target or stating the obvious.

The only real use I can see is if you hear that the target has a dislike of crowded areas (meaning you would have to plan according to not blending with the crowd) or that there is an alternate route to their location, of course since pretty much all targets stay in one location only the latter is plausible, and it's rather difficult to provide other routes without stating the obvious.

Maybe they say that the guy you will kill is pretty good wtih Sword (and u don't know it cuz u think u are trying to kill a merchant or anything like that....

If they say so you will try to avoid a combat...

SixKeys
06-11-2011, 06:36 PM
I never pickpocket civilians unless it's part of a mission. Just doesn't feel right that Ezio would be stealing from the people's he's trying to protect. It also wouldn't make much sense why random citizens would just be carrying around notes that just conveniently happen to include secret information about your target.

I do wish they'd bring back eavesdropping in the way the OP suggested. Maybe using your Eagle Sense to spot citizens/guards who might hold useful information and listen in on their conversations.

iN3krO
06-11-2011, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by SixKeys:
I never pickpocket civilians unless it's part of a mission. Just doesn't feel right that Ezio would be stealing from the people's he's trying to protect. It also wouldn't make much sense why random citizens would just be carrying around notes that just conveniently happen to include secret information about your target.

I do wish they'd bring back eavesdropping in the way the OP suggested. Maybe using your Eagle Sense to spot citizens/guards who might hold useful information and listen in on their conversations.

Even the more normal citzen could be a templar or a guard (there weren't vacations?)

CRUDFACE
06-11-2011, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by Assassin8me:
Hey guys. Although AC1 had its flaws, there is one thing i miss about it- investigation. The concept, not as much as the way it was executed in the game, but still.
I think it would be awsome as Ezio to kinda be able to talk to random people, gather information, evedrop and listen to conversations.

HOWEVER, i think it would be more satisfying and challanging NOT to include this info in missions.
Instead, as Ezio explores Constantinopole he stumbles upon random events (ive read somewhere there will be such events), like converstationa among merchants regarding Ezio's target, or about treasure in the city.
This way ezio stumbles upon and collects information from citizens, and mabye he could read announcements and such, or pickpoket a random citizens and recieve a note with usefull information.

This would make me at least feel more like a real assassin, planning his moves well before striking.
What do you guys think? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/crackwhip.gif

IDK, I'm all for a return to the golden age of assassin's creed 1 stuff, but this whole random thing means I will spend time wondering around, getting lost and hoping to find someone. Maybe if I could spot them with Eagle Sense, then maybe...

Cool idea still, but anyone think we'll be able to do the good old days as Altair? I think he'll be dumbed down to Ezio's standard gameplay routine.

iN3krO
06-11-2011, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by t260z:
Cool idea still, but anyone think we'll be able to do the good old days as Altair? I think he'll be dumbed down to Ezio's standard gameplay routine.

Just to say again:

I won't buy Ac3 if they dumb down altair -.-''

NewBlade200
06-11-2011, 07:23 PM
If you're told where to look. ie. Northern Imperial Market district for information. None of these should be manditory, (in case you're getting sick of it) but they have very usefull information,
like one of the alleys near your targets route has virtualy no guards
Your target is actualy posing as one as the archers, and you're about to attack a decoy.
They should be hilighted in eagle sense, otherwise we could be walking randomly for god knows how long.

iN3krO
06-11-2011, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by NewBlade200:
If you're told where to look. ie. Northern Imperial Market district for information. None of these should be manditory, (in case you're getting sick of it) but they have very usefull information,
like one of the alleys near your targets route has virtualy no guards
Your target is actualy posing as one as the archers, and you're about to attack a decoy.
They should be hilighted in eagle sense, otherwise we could be walking randomly for god knows how long.

or they would be as searching for investigations in Ac1 while without HUD... xD scale an atalaya, put eagle vision on and start to look arround xD (eagle vision was in first preson)^^.