PDA

View Full Version : Question about take off

XyZspineZyX
09-25-2003, 05:01 PM
I have been noticing that each time I take off in group formation, my allies always seem to reach alt. faster than I do.
For example in the Normandie mission2 where German bombers attack the airfield my allies take off and reach 1400 alt faster than I can while I am stuck trying to reach 600. What is a correct setting/strat? for take off. I usually set my flaps on take off mode and kick in the WEP after initial take off but will quickly reach 180/190 and stay there. Once I reach 150/200alt I set flaps on raised. After a while I will dive and kick WEP back on as I try to gain alt. that way I can gain 300/400 alt. and have to repeat the same maneuvre over again. Any tips? It also seems that it is easier with the German planes to gain quick alt.

XyZspineZyX
09-25-2003, 05:01 PM
I have been noticing that each time I take off in group formation, my allies always seem to reach alt. faster than I do.
For example in the Normandie mission2 where German bombers attack the airfield my allies take off and reach 1400 alt faster than I can while I am stuck trying to reach 600. What is a correct setting/strat? for take off. I usually set my flaps on take off mode and kick in the WEP after initial take off but will quickly reach 180/190 and stay there. Once I reach 150/200alt I set flaps on raised. After a while I will dive and kick WEP back on as I try to gain alt. that way I can gain 300/400 alt. and have to repeat the same maneuvre over again. Any tips? It also seems that it is easier with the German planes to gain quick alt.

XyZspineZyX
09-25-2003, 05:33 PM
This is IL-2 I assume? The AI has a built in advantage. You can use Autopilot to catch up. Or dont worry about it, you'll catch up eventually. This does not happen in FB, go get it!

I'd never join a club that would have ME as a member!!.

XyZspineZyX
09-25-2003, 05:49 PM
Thanks for the hint. I am tempted about getting FB, but with LockOn coming soon ....

Do you have any hint on how to make an effective take off? or is it just the way the Russian planes are? slow climbing? or is it the AI?