PDA

View Full Version : A question about mods

Wildnoob
08-03-2008, 02:53 PM
I see some pretty nice images of new modelated cockpits in the 'No links, just examples of why some people use the Mods' topic.

the question is, if they can modified the cockpits, they can creat new ones ?

one member here send me a message with the link for download a mod to fly my favorite strike aircraft of WWII - the B5N. I thank very much him, but I forgot his name. anyway, the mod in question use the N1K2 cockpit. if is a mod to just feel flying characteristics and not have the original 3 positions of the aircraft, I'm not interested. I was thinking, the mods creators can use CFS-2 B5N as a reference to modelate a actually B5N cockpit for IL2 ?

it's logic that I just use the B5N as an example. but again in the B5N example, probably much of the instruments could be find with other Japanese aircraft, such as the D3A and the A6M.

PS : I know it's not allowed to post links for mods here. I just cited the member who send me the link because I apreciate very much it's dedication in come to my message box and send me the link.

Wildnoob
08-03-2008, 02:53 PM
I see some pretty nice images of new modelated cockpits in the 'No links, just examples of why some people use the Mods' topic.

the question is, if they can modified the cockpits, they can creat new ones ?

one member here send me a message with the link for download a mod to fly my favorite strike aircraft of WWII - the B5N. I thank very much him, but I forgot his name. anyway, the mod in question use the N1K2 cockpit. if is a mod to just feel flying characteristics and not have the original 3 positions of the aircraft, I'm not interested. I was thinking, the mods creators can use CFS-2 B5N as a reference to modelate a actually B5N cockpit for IL2 ?

it's logic that I just use the B5N as an example. but again in the B5N example, probably much of the instruments could be find with other Japanese aircraft, such as the D3A and the A6M.

PS : I know it's not allowed to post links for mods here. I just cited the member who send me the link because I apreciate very much it's dedication in come to my message box and send me the link.

Jaws2002
08-03-2008, 04:10 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wildnoob:

I was thinking, the mods creators can use CFS-2 B5N as a reference to modelate a actually B5N cockpit for IL2 ?

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Il-2 moders did not find a way yet to import meshes (3d models) from other games. (Not yet).
That's why the only way to make an AI plane flyable is to use parts already present in other planes/objects in the game.

I'm sure they'll get over this obstacle soon, just like they got other problems solved. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Buzzsaw-
08-03-2008, 04:17 PM
Salute

Some of the AI planes are stuck with using existing IL-2 cockpits in place of historical ones.

However in other cases, new custom cockpits are being built. The B-17 for example. Many others are in the works.

Not sure if the B5n is one of them.

Wildnoob
08-03-2008, 04:31 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Buzzsaw-:
Not sure if the B5n is one of them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oleg already disappointed me because the lack of the carrier born torpedo bombers in this sim. I hope that the mods creators don't do this. the B5N was a key hole aircraft in most of IJN actions in early war.

but anyway, thanks for the info guys.

Sillius_Sodus
08-03-2008, 09:39 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wildnoob:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Buzzsaw-:
Not sure if the B5n is one of them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oleg already disappointed me because the lack of the carrier born torpedo bombers in this sim. I hope that the mods creators don't do this. the B5N was a key hole aircraft in most of IJN actions in early war.

but anyway, thanks for the info guys. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Wildnoob,

It's one thing to be disappointed in Oleg, we paid for his software, the modders on the other hand, are doing their work pretty much for free, although I'm sure they will come out with a high quality product.

Wildnoob
08-04-2008, 08:39 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sillius_Sodus:
[the modders on the other hand, are doing their work pretty much for free, although I'm sure they will come out with a high quality product. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hope the same, Sodus.

the modders who remake the cockpits of the Hurricane, BF-109 and FW-190 showed in the topic 'examples of why some people use the Mods' that the mods can have really have excellent quality.

I belive that the B5N and the TBM Avanger going to be in the created aircraft. but anyway, we gonna have to wait to have confirmation.

Feathered_IV
08-04-2008, 09:03 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jaws2002:

I was thinking, the mods creators can use CFS-2 B5N as a reference to modelate a actually B5N cockpit for IL2 ?

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Il-2 moders did not find a way yet to import meshes (3d models) from other games. (Not yet).
That's why the only way to make an AI plane flyable is to use parts already present in other planes/objects in the game.

I'm sure they'll get over this obstacle soon, just like they got other problems solved. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A couple of months ago this problem was solved. A bit of Il-2 folklore for you; the first 3D test object to be imported was a model of a teapot...

Tab_Flettner
08-04-2008, 09:12 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">A couple of months ago this problem was solved. A bit of Il-2 folklore for you; the first 3D test object to be imported was a model of a teapot... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Really? Could there have been a Tempest in that teapot?

Wildnoob
08-04-2008, 10:05 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Feathered_IV:
A couple of months ago this problem was solved </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thanks for the info!

in the topic I cited above there's a photo of a Spitfire with the MVII gyro gunsigth.

I guess if they can install a new gunsigth on aircraft, they really already can modified the cockpit. more impressive is that the MVII gunsigth is not in the sim, so they probably had to creat it for IL2.

altougth Feathered already confirmed this anyway. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif