PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone tried the Saitek Cyborg Evo Force?

Hunde_3.JG51
10-25-2004, 01:01 AM
I have a Cyborg Evo, which I really like, but I miss the force-feedback. Now I see there is an Evo with FFB and I was wondering how new it is, or if anyone has tried it. This was great news to me when I saw it but I am wondering how well it is built.

Just a pic so not to be confused with older Saitek FFB:

http://www.saitekusa.com/usa/images/product/pcp/cyborg_evo_force.jpg

Sorry for another joystick post, did a quick search and didn't find anything on this particular stick.

TheGozr
10-25-2004, 01:51 AM
Got evo too but i wonder if this one is good.

Zen--
10-25-2004, 10:00 AM
I had their rumblestick FFB but it broke in less than 4 months...I probably won't buy another saitek stick, never liked them very much.

My recommendation is to get a CH fighter stick USB. You will not regret it, and though it doesn't have FFB, its precision of control is simply awesome.

Inadaze
10-25-2004, 10:15 AM
I've got the old version of the Cyborg Force Feedback. I've had it about 6 months and so far it's been excellent, no signs so far of it wearing out at all. It uses the same programming software as the X45 so you can use the Coolie hat in mouse mode.

If the new one is anything like the old one it should be a good stick.

Inadaze

Freycinet
10-25-2004, 03:38 PM
I have the older Saitek FFB, and it's ok, but I have the impression it's slightly broken too... - sometimes it just rattles instead of vibrating, so I think one of the motor attachments must have broken, I'm not sure though...

Korolov
10-25-2004, 04:32 PM
I got a Saitek Cyborg FFB, and while it's a really great stick, it seems to be running out of life after about 5 months of use. The twisting axis is losing calibration, and it's more loose than it used to be.

I really like the button arrangement though - it's very nice to have 4 buttons availible for the thumb.

Hunde_3.JG51
10-25-2004, 07:44 PM
Thanks for replies, if anyone has tried it hands-on please let me know.

Koro, the reason I want a new stick is because my twisting axis also went on my Evo. When I fly, my rudder gets severe phantom inputs and I end up with my nose snaking back and forth like a crocodile trying to tear meat off of its prey. It drives me crazy. I tried dumbing down input strength, adding deadband, adding filtering, etc., and nothing helps.

But, I really like the ergonomics of the evo alot. Everything I really need is right there, particularly the buttons that lay just under my mid-thumb just below the hat switch (which I use for flaps. I can use them with this stick without even thinking about it).

Korolov
10-25-2004, 08:32 PM
The twisting axises always seem to be the first to go on sticks. Meh.

On the other hand, have you gone into the control panel to see what the axis renders visually? I just checked mine and it shows it functioning normally. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

Hunde_3.JG51
10-25-2004, 09:01 PM
Sometimes after calibration I can get it to settle, other times I see spiking. What I do see is that when I calibrate it in-game, if I set move the first two or three sensitivity inputs under "yaw", it effects where the green square falls in relation to center. If I set the first three to 0 then the green square is centered, but the red square always is pulled to the left. While flying, I still get the phantom inputs as well that are pretty severe, the really odd thing is that it seems to get worse I I go into a high speed dive. I know the faster you go the more effect jamming rudder will have, but what I mean is that snaking really becomes frequent when I dive. Maybe it has something to do with the angle I am holding the stick, who knows. But it has become unplayable so I think I may give the evo force a try, and evo with FFB would be sweet. Still, if I get it and I have problems it may be my last Saitek stick.

Korolov
10-25-2004, 09:07 PM
This is the stick I have:

http://www.saitekusa.com/usa/images/product/pcp/cyborg-rumble.jpg

Only a earlier model w/o the spring on the center. If all else fails, you might try opening up the stick and cleaning the yaw axis pot. I had to do that with my ABII, and it helped a lot.

TooCooL34
10-26-2004, 12:58 AM
I'd rather buy new rudder pedal than new joystick if you have problem only with yaw axis. No huge difference in price.