PDA

View Full Version : HEEEELP!! Plz this is serious!!

Finkeren
12-13-2004, 12:32 PM
I know I'm in the wrong forum for this but I got 0 answers in the "community help" so plz bear with me.
Ever since I've patched PF up to 3.01 I've been unable to play the game entirely!I haven't noticed other people on the forums having the same problem, so here goes:
The game starts fine enough and the menus work perfectly, but once I start the simulation the game locks up for a long time and then continues with roughly 2-3FPS and SEVERE graphical shortcommings (no textures on AC, funny colors)making the game absolutely unplayable.
Before installing the patch PF ran flawlessly under all conditions.
I have tried re-installing and re-patching both the stand-alone and merged version several times, and downloaded the patch from different mirrors every time.
I have tried reconfiguring all hardware before starting the game, and I have the latest drivers for virtually everything.
And yes: I am sure I followed the correct install procedure and used the right files for the right install-mode!
I'm quite sure this has nothing to do with my hardware but anyway here are some info on my system:
I run Windows XP/home on a 3.2 GHz Athlon 64 with 1GB of DDR RAM and a GEFORCE 6800 le.

Can someone help me I'm getting desperate!
Thanx a lot in adwance

rummyrum
12-13-2004, 12:40 PM
Are you using the new exe ? I had problems related to it so I went back to the old until they are fixed.

BuzzU
12-13-2004, 12:44 PM
You need to tell us exactly how you're installing everything.

Also when you do a new install. Do you delete everything in the FB folder?

foxfire1941
12-13-2004, 12:53 PM
Go back to your FB settings and redo the settings you were using before the patch. Installing the patch, changes your settings back to the default ones. Video settins and sound are important.

Finkeren
12-13-2004, 12:58 PM
Thanx for replying so fast http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
First:
No I'm not using the new .exe, I tried installing it once and got the "memory could not be read" error that others have experienced.

Second:
I have uninstalled the game completely and removed the original directory before re-installing.
I install the patch by running the .exe file that I download and let it extract automatically into the Forgotten battles/Pacific-fighters directory.
As far as I know there is only one way to install the game itself.
Hope this serves as an explanation, plz plz pleeeeeaaaaaseeee help me http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/cry.gif

Finkeren
12-13-2004, 12:59 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by foxfire1941:
Go back to your FB settings and redo the settings you were using before the patch. Installing the patch, changes your settings back to the default ones. Video settins and sound are important. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I have done this very thorough http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

DuxCorvan
12-13-2004, 04:42 PM
Be sure you patch with the correct patch. 3.01 is ONLY for stand-alone PF. If you have a merged FB/AEP/PF, you must patch with 3.01m patch.

Shakthamac
12-13-2004, 07:10 PM
when you installed the second part of the patch did you check to make sure it was going in the correct directory?