PDA

View Full Version : system specs...been a long time

jammix2000
01-04-2011, 04:03 PM
hi everyone,

well its been 3 years since i played IL2 last and have recently DL it so i can start flying again..

my question is what minumim spec system can i use for this game to run in perfect mode?

and have there been any gfx updates for use of a better word since i was here last with all the new patches/updates and what not?

i know its sounds a bit harsh but not being here for just over 3 years i dont want to be dissapointed when i play it for the first time as ive been in the land of consoles recently but consoles and flight sims DO NOT go together, ever.

thsk in advance

Ze-Jamz

WTE_Galway
01-04-2011, 04:15 PM
If your playing the stock game there are a few maps like Slovakia that are a bit more demanding and the odd thing that requires more performance but overall the system spec required is not that much higher than 3 years ago. (Do bear in mind that massed bombers in IL2 will bring any system to a halt no matter how well specced.)

If you are using the Mods or thinking of getting SoW however, well that is another matter entirely.

Ba5tard5word
01-04-2011, 04:46 PM
Depends on what resolution you want.

With a GTX 260 I can run everything on perfect at 1920 x 1080 on my 32 inch HDTV or 1680 x 1050 on my 21 inch monitor and get very good framerates. I think a weaker card would have trouble at that resolution.

Ask people what they can do with an 8800/9800 card, it's an older and smaller line of cards. I used to have an 8600 and I could do everything at perfect but could only go to 1152 x 768 resolution. Bumping it up to 1680 x 1050 on the 260 was a huge improvement in graphics for me.

For RAM I think 2 or 3GB should be ok for Il-2. For a cpu I dunno, 2.4Ghz or 2.66Ghz seem ok to me, I think at that point your graphics card matters more.

jammix2000
01-04-2011, 05:19 PM
Thks for the replys, I can't remember the spec I had before I'm sure it was a p3 CPU/528GFX/2gig ram and everything was maxed out but can't remember the resolution i used to use however I'm pretty sure it wasn't anything near what your using...so the updated patches didn't do much in the way of eye candy then as I'm sure 4.04 was the last patch I played on.

Does anyone know what sort of system SoW is going to require?

Rgds

PhantomKira
01-04-2011, 05:28 PM
Personally, I wouldn't go any lower than an 8600. It's what I used to have (have an 8400 now, it's a long story elsewhere on the forum) and had the same results B5 stated. Good, but not great. Frame rates were in the 20s-40's on a decent day. And to think I've heard people complaining about frame rates in the 50's! I wish I could complain about frame rates in the 50's! I'd be ecstatic to get that.