PDA

View Full Version : AC:R "no signal" crash, serious problem here.

smeghamr
12-09-2011, 09:19 AM
Ok, I held off posting about this until i was absolutely sure there was nothing wrong with my system.

Basically, this has been happening since release. More so over the past 2 days. I have no idea why, but this is the problem..

In MP this tends to happen completely randomly, could be 2 minutes, could be 2 hours. Since yesterday in SP, it happens within 2 minutes pretty much now. What happens is, the game just stops putting out any kind of signal, my monitor displays "no signal", and my computer crashes after another couple of seconds and i have to power off and restart.

Initially I thought it was my graphics card overheating(a HD4890), and so i lowered the gfx settings and still had the same problem. So, this morning i swapped the PSU to a 700 watter, just in case it was a power issue. Nope. Same thing. My gfx card fan barely kicks in before the crash. It gets louder whenever it renders that blue glitch effect, but not as loud as it does when I play skyrim or tm2, and those games have never crashed once, seriously, with all the bugs supposedly in skyrim, it has never crashed on me, not even CTD. So i'm thinking it might be something to do with whatever is rendering that blue effect thing (the effect you get on the boundaries of maps, and when you buy shops), or something to do with the shader support, or maybe, like others have said, it could only be using 40% of my CPU. However, the last crash i had 10 minutes ago was me simply walking around, I've also had it on cutscenes...So I am massively confused.

I have ran in 1080p on default and lowered settings. I have a brand new system that runs every other game (skyrim, rage, saints row 3, the last assassins creed, trackmania 2, GTA 4..etc) flawlessly.

More specs:
Radeon HD 4890
Phenom x4 3.2
8gb Gskill 1600mhz ddr3
700w PSU replacing a 80+ 530w PSU (which obviously didnt need replacing).

Any ideas appreciated. Feel free to ask more questions.

EDIT:Just tried with vsync off, had no instances of blue shader effect anywhere, jumped in a bush, crash.
Also I alt-tabbed and task manager says the game is using 0% of my cpu =/

AnthonyA85
12-09-2011, 09:38 AM
Hello and welcome to the forums. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

This belongs in the PC section.

A mod will tell you to contact Ubi support (and give them as much details as you can, system specs, dxdiag readout, details of the problem, etc), and MAYBE they'll get back to you with something useful.

Check your Event Viewer reports, in the Applications catergory, see if anything is flagged up around the time of these crashes, then report back here if you find anything, and i might be able to advise you further.

*shakes head*

And the PC community wondered why Ubi delayed the PC versions of the AC games....

smeghamr
12-09-2011, 10:13 AM
Ach, sorry, didn't realise there was a PC section =/

Checking event viewer shows 757 errors since yesterday. They all seem to be related to ATI and they all seem to be the same 9 or 10 errors. To post them would take up a lot of space here, i don't know if there's an easier way? Highlights include

0000000010: 2011-12-09 16:31:06:249 Unable to obtain Color Correction information, dem status: -2
Error Called by: ATI.ACE.CLI.Aspect.DeviceDFP.Graphics.Runtime.RT_D eviceDFP::Parse

0000000011: 2011-12-09 16:31:07:953 Exception: No value exists with that name.
Exception Called by: ATI.ACE.LOG.Foundation.Implementation.Setting:http ://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gifeleteRegistryFromUser

0000000036: 2011-12-09 16:31:13:385 CPUP - In ActivePowerSchemeChangedEventHandler
Error Called by: ATI.ACE.NEWAEM.Foundation.RemoteActionAdapter::Inv okeAction

They don't look good, but, like i say, I have had no problems in other games, and i literally reinstalled creed about 2 hours ago. Good point about why they delay the pc vers, I ahve had no problems with the previous creed games, and this is the only one that's come out at the same time as the consoles..

Also will this post be moved automatically? Or do I need to do something?

eagleforlife1
12-09-2011, 10:27 AM
Exactly the same thing happens with me, however, it is not just with games the same thing happens when watching videos as well.

smeghamr
12-09-2011, 10:29 AM
Yeah the thing is, it's not games as in plural, for me. It is literally just this one game.

smeghamr
12-11-2011, 10:34 AM
Actually i managed to solve this issue. It seems to me that my radeon is just poor at rendering out dx10 effects, i lowered the res to 720p and there have no problems for the last few days. Seems to be an issue rendering effects at high resolutions. Probably because the card has shader model 3.1 and more games are being made for shader models 4 and 5.

Black_Widow9
12-11-2011, 02:32 PM
Hello and welcome to the Forums http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif
I'm going to move this here-
Assassin's Creed & ACR General Discussion [PC] (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/frm/f/5031067519)