PDA

View Full Version : My miracle me262 landing!

Amon26
01-31-2005, 06:52 AM
Just a funny story for those with nothing better to read.

I threw together a quick mission where I filled the skies with B-29s and me262s (the ones with the freaking tank-barrel for a gun) And it went as well as most missions like these do (I think I took down one or two bombers,) my engine caught fire so I figured it was about time to call it a day and make my way to an airfeild.

I figured it would be safer to just shut off my engines and try and glide it in. I dove down and circled in sharply to approach the runway, picking up too much speed so I dropped the flaps and gear abruptly, jamming the flaps and breaking off all but the nose gear.

So by this time, I was crusing over the runway, still too fast chance a belly-landing. The Runway ran out. I decided to try and bleed off the speed and ditch or just make a pretty hole in the ground.

I kept pausing to look at my engine to make sure it hadn't caught fire again. Then, when my engines touched the grass they ripped right off the bottom of my wings and my nose started to dip forward, I panicked and hit eject while still sliding.

The plane continued skid, fanning out to the left side and eventually snapping the wing off and rolling over one whole time to land rightside up. The canopy finally popped off and my pilot ran like hell.

Proof that the digital and divine likes me http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

I have a .trk of it.

Amon26
01-31-2005, 06:52 AM
Just a funny story for those with nothing better to read.

I threw together a quick mission where I filled the skies with B-29s and me262s (the ones with the freaking tank-barrel for a gun) And it went as well as most missions like these do (I think I took down one or two bombers,) my engine caught fire so I figured it was about time to call it a day and make my way to an airfeild.

I figured it would be safer to just shut off my engines and try and glide it in. I dove down and circled in sharply to approach the runway, picking up too much speed so I dropped the flaps and gear abruptly, jamming the flaps and breaking off all but the nose gear.

So by this time, I was crusing over the runway, still too fast chance a belly-landing. The Runway ran out. I decided to try and bleed off the speed and ditch or just make a pretty hole in the ground.

I kept pausing to look at my engine to make sure it hadn't caught fire again. Then, when my engines touched the grass they ripped right off the bottom of my wings and my nose started to dip forward, I panicked and hit eject while still sliding.

The plane continued skid, fanning out to the left side and eventually snapping the wing off and rolling over one whole time to land rightside up. The canopy finally popped off and my pilot ran like hell.

Proof that the digital and divine likes me http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

I have a .trk of it.

p1ngu666
01-31-2005, 07:33 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

adlabs6
01-31-2005, 09:38 AM
A landing of mine, from a long time ago, on a server far, far away. The damage is a special gift from CrazyIvan, no elevator or rudder at all. We met at around 4,000 meters, and did battle in a series of tight headons. That last pass was far to tight, and CrazyIvan's plane was in pieces. I was stunned, this wreck of a 262 was still flyable. I turned towards base, and decended from 4,000 meters up. I lined up for approach, and controlled my pitch using only engine throttle and flaps. I actually landed this fine, but a silly, uber ground bounce broke up the plane. A ride I will never forget.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/adlabs6/262_NoTail_Land.jpg

Amon26
01-31-2005, 10:17 AM
heh nice shot. A few flights prior, I landed a 262 and right when i hit the brakes, something exploded, my plane nosed in and blew up. On the replay, I saw that it wasn't because of my brakes but my burning engine decided to self-destruct