PDA

View Full Version : Factions ~ Favorites & strategery

ProdiGurl
12-13-2011, 01:25 PM
I had a Q. about Factions, does it matter if you pick more of one than the others?

I know little about picking a faction for a certain area.
I use Thieves the least bcuz they don't do enough to help me in missions.

I like the Courtisans/Romani's or Mercs best.

Plus, the thief missions seem to have more racing involved which I'm terrible at.

naran6142
12-13-2011, 01:32 PM
nope, shouldn't matter

i tend to make all the factions have the same number of buildings but you dont have to

Animuses
12-13-2011, 01:52 PM
I only really used the factions in AC2 and in Brotherhood I only used them for the Guild Challenges.

My favorite faction in ACR are the Romani. They flow so well with the city and they may come of use eventually.

maxriderules
12-13-2011, 02:05 PM
On the other hand, once you've completed the guild challenges, theives pick pockets and loot guards as if you're ***in and they're victorian orphans. Also, I see no use for a faction that can't freerun, even if the thieves are crappy fighters.

ProdiGurl
12-13-2011, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Animuses:
I only really used the factions in AC2 and in Brotherhood I only used them for the Guild Challenges.

My favorite faction in ACR are the Romani. They flow so well with the city and they may come of use eventually.

I really grew to like them & use them more.
They actually helped you blend with you better than the Courtisans did and I noticed when I followed them after they lured some guards away that they were killing them not long after.
I never saw Courtisans kill guards.
Did anybody else?

ProdiGurl
12-13-2011, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by maxriderules:
On the other hand, once you've completed the guild challenges, theives pick pockets and loot guards as if you're ***in and they're victorian orphans. Also, I see no use for a faction that can't freerun, even if the thieves are crappy fighters.

I had some guards return too quickly when I used Thieves. It was dicey for me to use them much.

maxriderules
12-13-2011, 02:27 PM
I don't use them for distractions much, and when I do I just sprint through. Normally I just walk down a busy street with them to make money from pickpocketing, or let them loot guard corpses for me.

InfectedNation
12-13-2011, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by ProdiGurl:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Animuses:

They actually helped you blend with you better than the Courtisans did and I noticed when I followed them after they lured some guards away that they were killing them not long after.
Did anybody else? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In Brotherhood, once you completed a certain amount of their guild challenges they would poison guards that they automatically lured. Extremely useful for staying undetected throughout the banker mission. Is that what you meant? Or were the romanies actually killing them with blades?

AnthonyA85
12-13-2011, 03:07 PM
I've completed all the Courtesan challenges for ACB, and hired courtesans don't pioson guards i send them to lure (If they do, i've never seen it, i'll have to look later), or is it only the ones who auto-lure that kill the guards?

But it will be interesting to see the Romanis pioson the guards.

Black_Widow9
12-13-2011, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by naran6142:
nope, shouldn't matter

i tend to make all the factions have the same number of buildings but you dont have to

I try to do this too. The way I decide which Faction to choose for the Building is to look around and see which ones just hang out in that area. Then I choose the one that's not around so it is balanced and I can pick any Faction I want when I want. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

ProdiGurl
12-13-2011, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by maxriderules:
I don't use them for distractions much, and when I do I just sprint through. Normally I just walk down a busy street with them to make money from pickpocketing, or let them loot guard corpses for me.

Next time I play it (just bought it) I'm trying that. I had no idea you could do that with them.
Can you do that in ACB too?

Originally posted by Black_Widow9:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by naran6142:
nope, shouldn't matter

I try to do this too. The way I decide which Faction to choose for the Building is to look around and see which ones just hang out in that area. Then I choose the one that's not around so it is balanced and I can pick any Faction I want when I want. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm glad to see that bcuz that's what I did on my last playthrough of it, I put a Merc building near the Romani area bcuz there were Romani's hanging out nearby.

I love the fire stick they use - I love watching that at night time.
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

kriegerdesgottes
12-13-2011, 04:32 PM
I think the factions were a cool idea but I never use them.

ProdiGurl
12-13-2011, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by InfectedNation:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProdiGurl:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Animuses:

Did anybody else? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In Brotherhood, once you completed a certain amount of their guild challenges they would poison guards that they automatically lured. Extremely useful for staying undetected throughout the banker mission. Is that what you meant? Or were the romanies actually killing them with blades? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That Banker mission is my all-time favorite AC mission. 'I hope we can go inside' lol
That whole thing was kool & strange.
But it was hard to blend w/ those Courtisans sometimes in that one...

The Romani's were literally killing the guards & they fell down.
It looked like they used poison on them.

ProdiGurl
12-13-2011, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
I think the factions were a cool idea but I never use them.

When I do different playthrough's of any game, I always try new stuff out & do things different where I can. Just keeps the game fresh for me.