PDA

View Full Version : WHY I like Assassin's Creed



FrozenFire550
11-26-2007, 04:56 PM
So many posts about AC being bad. So many people saying things like "You only like it because of the graphics and animations"

I'm tired of those.

So here, I will try to name off some the reasons I love this game:

Mindless fun:
I can run around all day just jumping rooftop to rooftop. Yes, that is a bit shallow, but sometimes I don't want to think about what i'm doing.

Realistic Cities:
Even though many would disagree with me, I think the cities are laid out very well. You can't just walk straight from one end to the other. You have to go through alleys occasionally, go off of your original path, explore a bit, and all while drifting through a crowd of people. I like that.

Crowds:
I like walking through the big crowds of people, following certain ones, seeing what they do, and how they react to the occasional dead guard (Hehe) I can have fun just by holding down B and pushing someone over and over. (Yeah, I enjoy boring things sometimes.)

Fighting:
People say it's too easy. Well you may be right. But I enjoy it. Timing the button presses, and then watching Altair do one of those bad-*** counters can take up quite a bit of my time. Seeing how many bodies I can pile up at the bottom of a building, or just anywhere on the street is a nice experience. When those guards are laying on the ground dying, and screaming, I can watch for awhile, then stab them with the hidden blade. So satisfying.

The Kingdom:
People say it's just a blank space that you have no reason for exploring. I disagree. I enjoyed exploring every inch of it. When I found the ruins surrounded by archers, that felt special. It was interesting to see the Acre guards just outside of the ruins, riddled with arrows. Slowly riding my horse around from each small town is relaxing.

Templars:
I think it's a good idea to have those little mini-assassinations throughout the game. And I treat them just like an assassination. I sneak up on them, and silently kill them, while the other guards stand around not knowing what just happened. Experienced that 32 times, and it still hasn't gotten old.

The story:
I love it. The twists near the end are gripping. The way you are being held prisoner by <span class="ev_code_WHITE">Modern day Templars </span>(<Spoiler) was weird to find out. And the ending after the credits? That made it even better. Made me look forward to part2 even more than before.

Those are just some of the things I could think of. I'm sure a lot of you must think i'm the most boring, weird, and stupid person for some of the things I listed, but whatever. I enjoy them.

Anyone feel like listing some of the things YOU enjoy?

Tela
11-26-2007, 05:19 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif Beautiful.

Some things I like...

Re-climbing view points, to gaze about at the cities created for us.

Making sure guards see me, then climbing up high, and having a guard toss, or hiding and listening to the guards jumping back down, sometimes to their deaths.

Wandering aimlessly.

Seeing just what all I can climb.

These are a few of my favorite things...

CoastalGirl
11-26-2007, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by FrozenFire550:
So many posts about AC being bad. So many people saying things like "You only like it because of the graphics and animations"

I'm tired of those.

So here, I will try to name off some the reasons I love this game:

Mindless fun:
I can run around all day just jumping rooftop to rooftop. Yes, that is a bit shallow, but sometimes I don't want to think about what i'm doing.

Realistic Cities:
Even though many would disagree with me, I think the cities are laid out very well. You can't just walk straight from one end to the other. You have to go through alleys occasionally, go off of your original path, explore a bit, and all while drifting through a crowd of people. I like that.
I'm with you on those, definitely.

The free-running hasn't gotten anywhere near old for me; I love happening upon areas that are really ideal for it, too, like rafters...I'm easily amused. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

And, the cities are wonderful. I gotta say, though, I'd really like it if the friggin' guards would just disappear so I could collect flags and run around like an idiot in peace...

dirtybird21
11-26-2007, 06:22 PM
I beat the game three days after i got it, And i'm STILL playing it almost every day, I have most flags, Killed all the templars, got all view points, And saved all the citizens... And now i just free-run/fight/assassinate random people... I don't really feel like looking for flags anymore... That's probably the most boring part of the game lol... I enjoyed taking out the templars though....

MiniAssasin
11-26-2007, 06:39 PM
you knw what i love about this game

throwing people

be it off of a cliff, a roof into a wooden structure a river

and my throwing knives

plus all the stuff you mentioned

plus diving off a tower into hay is just pure awesome

Tela
11-26-2007, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by MiniAssasin:
you knw what i love about this game

throwing people

be it off of a cliff, a roof into a wooden structure a river

and my throwing knives

plus all the stuff you mentioned

plus diving off a tower into hay is just pure awesome

Doing a leap of Faith off the cathedral or the lighthouse in Acre. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

avsrule247
11-26-2007, 07:17 PM
I'd rather not. I like to stay up there for hours just looking at the amazing view. If I turn the bass and my surround sound all the way up you can hear the wind like you are actually there. It is breathtaking.

Tela
11-26-2007, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by avsrule247:
I'd rather not. I like to stay up there for hours just looking at the amazing view. If I turn the bass and my surround sound all the way up you can hear the wind like you are actually there. It is breathtaking.

I do that first...THEN the leap of faith to get down. Sadly, I cannot turn the volume up too loud, as there are others in the house when I play, who complain when the volume is too loud. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

Defender219
12-16-2007, 01:23 PM
you see, I knew I came to a good forum, great post, that is exactly what I needed to convince myself I am getting a game I will like. THANK YOU http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif