PDA

View Full Version : Dualing Weapons...

Braxto
09-05-2009, 12:00 PM
What ever happened to dualing weapons... Especially since two rapiers wouldnt be too heavy to do that with... Maybe ac3

Edengoth
09-05-2009, 12:55 PM
Dueling? Dueling is more about social status than social change. Assassins are there to eliminate someone, not see who is the better fighter as a matter of sport or honor.

SupremeCaptain
09-05-2009, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Edengoth:
Dueling? Dueling is more about social status than social change. Assassins are there to eliminate someone, not see who is the better fighter as a matter of sport or honor.

He means using two weapons at the same time.

thekyle0
09-05-2009, 01:50 PM
It would look pretty awkward to carry two long swords at the same time and it would be very difficult to disarm somebody when you already have one hand occupied holding a weapon.

caswallawn_2k7
09-05-2009, 02:10 PM
dual wielding swords is pretty pointless for the combat style used, Ezio is well trained in hand to hand combat so he is most likely a better fighter with a free hand than having 2 swords as he would loose the ability to grab while fighting if he had a sword in either hand. also with the new twin hidden blade system it could allow him to use one while countering.

Braxto
09-05-2009, 04:49 PM
I wasnt going for carrying them around, i mean you have yours, you hit hes sword up or something, you grab it, then slash him with the other sword, then twirl it and stab someone else, not really keep it. Just use it momentarily.

Ezio_475
09-05-2009, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by Braxto:
I wasnt going for carrying them around, i mean you have yours, you hit hes sword up or something, you grab it, then slash him with the other sword, then twirl it and stab someone else, not really keep it. Just use it momentarily.
Ahh you mean like what Altair does in the fan made Assassins Creed movie "The Hidden Blade"?
That would be awesome, but it would be quite hard to implent in the game.

caswallawn_2k7
09-05-2009, 05:01 PM
it would also be impossibly hard to take a sword from an opponent with one hand then efficiently get it into a suitable grip and turn it on him.

LaurenIsSoMosh
09-05-2009, 05:14 PM
Overly complicated combat can be very frustrating and is often unnecessary.

That being said, I for one am content with the amount of detail already in the existing version of Assassin's Creed combat, whereas I'm constantly frustrated with the complexity of other games.

Beyond that, dual wielding is cliche, and a gimmicky way of attracting peoples' attention.

Braxto
09-05-2009, 09:05 PM
Yes but its still cool,ya im fine without it, i already love Ac2 i just think it would be cool. And no maybe in real life its impossibly hard, but have you seen everything Ezio and Altair do..... obviously not, because they make everything look like whipped cream. So im sure they could do it just fine.

UchihaKarasu
09-05-2009, 09:47 PM
I can see duel wielding daggers or other small blades weapons (lol, hidden blade) but swords seems a bit unrealistic and over the top, though it's a cool idea.

(one of my AC OC(s) actually duel wields daggers)

Braxto
09-06-2009, 10:05 AM
Ya i dont think its over the top, just a little hard to do at the current moment when things are already working so great. Daggers would work fine, i think the guys that can Parkour the guards have two daggers as well...