PDA

View Full Version : Cannot connect to Everquest or Sony web site to check status

adriancole
12-30-2004, 08:49 AM
I cannot connect to Everquest. If I run the Patcher it times out, if I bypass the patcher, the signon fails to connect to the sign-on server.

I do not have problems connecting to the internet or sending/receiving emails.

I have not installed/de-installed anything new on my system since I last logged on (yesterday).

adriancole
12-30-2004, 08:49 AM
I cannot connect to Everquest. If I run the Patcher it times out, if I bypass the patcher, the signon fails to connect to the sign-on server.

I do not have problems connecting to the internet or sending/receiving emails.

I have not installed/de-installed anything new on my system since I last logged on (yesterday).

Corwinshammy
12-31-2004, 02:29 AM
Had the same problem when I tried to log my trader in this morning , disabling firewall , then connecting allowed EQ to start and access to the sony forums.

Didn't have time to check whether I could still access the forums after i restarted the firewall though

adriancole
01-24-2005, 07:27 AM
After trying some different options I realised that whilst I could access most internet site, I could not access the Sony web site.

Disabling the firewall/anti-virus had no effect.

I have 3 PC's - 2 that my son and I play EQ on, and an old PC kept as a standby for genral internet access if the other 2 fail for some reason.

Whilst this system is too old to play EQ now, I went and tried accessing the sony web site, and found that this system was also unable to access that site.

This pointed to either a Router problem, Cable modem problem, or ISP problem. Taking the easiest option first I powered off the Router, restarted it, and bingo - everything worked.