PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a good chopper SIM

Rocker45
11-04-2007, 03:14 PM
Hey there flyers!

I was wondering if anyone has found a good helicopter SIM in that I have drawn up a blank. I used to play Apache Longbow years ago, but have not found any descent sims to this effect, especially one that might run on Vista.

Any leads on a good chopper flight SIM????

knightflyte
11-05-2007, 04:08 AM
DCS is making a helocopter sim called Black Shark.

Here's a link to the SIM HQ forum for Black Shark.

http://www.simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=129&page=1

Here's a link to the DCS forums.

http://forum.digitalcombatsimulator.com/showthread.php?t=124

I'm looking forward to this. As of yet no release date, but man it looks good.....especially the 6DOF with Track IR.

Bikewer
11-05-2007, 08:32 AM
I believe that the "Enemy Engaged" series is coming out with a new issue pretty soon; seems I saw some info on same over at the SimHQ forum.

BrotherVoodoo
11-05-2007, 08:56 AM
DCS Black Shark is THE one we have all been waiting for. There is Enemy Enguaged 2 but even with the new patch it leaves much to be desired in terms of stability. FSX has some nice helo missions.

Rocker45
11-05-2007, 04:47 PM
I read about Black Shark some time ago... I mean years ago... and thought they gave up on the project. The news indicated NOV 2007 and some time in 2008, respectivly. Soon I hope!

/me misses my Thrustmaster F16 FLCS/TQS

knightflyte
11-05-2007, 08:18 PM
I've been waiting for Black Shark too.

We are on the cusp of another great flight simulation boom, but this waiting is killing me.

Flying Tigers
Storm of War: Battle of Britain
Knights of the Sky
Black Shark
Korean Add On by RRG Studios.

Aaaaaaargh.

I just bought MSFS X. I don't like the auto gen for the Boston area, but there are other places along countrysides that it really looks beautiful. Of course those folks in the "MSFS X Looks Great" thread mock me with their pristine pictures. (Yup I'm jealous)

I'm more of a scenery junkie instead of a pilot in a jumbo jet.

tagTaken2
11-05-2007, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by knightflyte:
I've been waiting for Black Shark too.

We are on the cusp of another great flight simulation boom, but this waiting is killing me.

Flying Tigers
Storm of War: Battle of Britain
Knights of the Sky
Black Shark
Korean Add On by RRG Studios.

Aaaaaaargh.

Incredible, isn't it?

I told my partner that I would most likely have to ditch her to make the time for the flood of new sims in 2007, and so far... nothingF!

FritzGryphon
11-06-2007, 06:04 PM
Who needs Black Shark when there is already Armed Assault? Best helicopter sim ever.

Fighterduck
11-09-2007, 05:32 AM
indeed....Blakc Shark will be amazing...im so waiting for it!

check this out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZjSI021j-c
(btw is one of the most beautifull sim video i ever saw! )

roybaty
11-13-2007, 04:30 PM
I read on their forums that Blackshark was delayed so long because their resources were devoted to finishing a USAF desktop simulator for the A-10.

Seems they finished that only recently, and now they're getting back into Blackshark.

I did find it curious, I thought the Air Force was gonna mothball the A-10 fleet, but I still see them flying around my area 1-2 times a week.

Doug97
11-15-2007, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by roybaty:
I read on their forums that Blackshark was delayed so long because their resources were devoted to finishing a USAF desktop simulator for the A-10.

If that's true then that bodes extremely well for their next release after Black Shark.

I've ordered Enemy Engaged 2, so I'll tell you what it's like when it arrives. I don't have particularly high hopes, I have a feeling that it's more or less a warmed-ever version of the original with some slightly better textures (remember the source code was released so I think someone picked it up and turned it into a release to make a quick buck). Still, I played the original for hours and hours because it was so good, so who knows?

badatit
11-25-2007, 12:42 AM
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eyMv--eZpoQ

Fighterduck
11-25-2007, 03:11 AM
enemy enagaged is a nice sim. the first good combat chopper sim out there. The second EE its pretty the same as the first one but with some graph improvements. If you want a budgets sim that still not band got for it. But Black Shark will be THE chopper sim...