PDA

View Full Version : Dear UbiSoft



Muppetts
03-12-2005, 04:29 AM
As you may know there are alot of player still trying to get the recognition manual. Could you please make it available through the website,I and others would be happy to pay the extra for postage (and the manual of course) and it would lend an extra element to the harcore fans (plus get rid of all the manuals you have lying around!)

Mup.

If you are interested post here http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

Muppetts
03-12-2005, 04:29 AM
As you may know there are alot of player still trying to get the recognition manual. Could you please make it available through the website,I and others would be happy to pay the extra for postage (and the manual of course) and it would lend an extra element to the harcore fans (plus get rid of all the manuals you have lying around!)

Mup.

If you are interested post here http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

Nieldo
03-12-2005, 04:35 AM
Hello I'm the guy incharge of ubsoft, I was just patroling our well moderated forums and thought,

Wow this guy has really made a point, i think i will put the recognition manuals on the shelfs!

You are a really great guy! :P



Joke

Axel40
03-12-2005, 04:36 AM
It should be included with the game.

Fact is, it's a marketing gimmic by UBI (and I can appreciate why) but it should have been included with the game from the off.

I mean it's not state secrets or anything, it's a manual for a game that we pay 35.00 for. (ok, forget play.com etc but you get the point) http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif


Axel

Lobolopez220
03-12-2005, 04:46 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Axel40:
It should be included with the game.

Fact is, it's a marketing gimmic by UBI (and I can appreciate why) but it should have been included with the game from the off.

I mean it's not state secrets or anything, it's a manual for a game that we pay 35.00 for. (ok, forget play.com etc but you get the point) http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif


Axel <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well technically it is included in the game itself (through the periscope bit)but not as a pdf which is what some seem to be requesting http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

JG27_Arklight
03-12-2005, 11:03 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lobolopez220:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Axel40:
It should be included with the game.

Fact is, it's a marketing gimmic by UBI (and I can appreciate why) but it should have been included with the game from the off.

I mean it's not state secrets or anything, it's a manual for a game that we pay 35.00 for. (ok, forget play.com etc but you get the point) http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif


Axel <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well technically it is included in the game itself (through the periscope bit)but not as a pdf which is what some seem to be requesting http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, we don't want a .pdf, we want the actual recognition manual.

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Dominicrigg
03-12-2005, 11:11 AM
Is the american arm of Ubi not doing anything special except releasing early? I would have thought you guys would get something even more mega.

JG27_Arklight
03-12-2005, 11:12 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dominicrigg:
Is the american arm of Ubi not doing anything special except releasing early? I would have thought you guys would get something even more mega. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No we don't get jack ****.

Hell, we didn't even get the option to buy the recognition manual.

Lobolopez220
03-12-2005, 11:17 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>

No, we don't want a .pdf, we want the actual recognition manual.

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yup I do realise that but as Ubi US don`t seem to be printing anything the next best thing would be a pdf for you to print yourself.... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Lobo

HansVonLuck21
03-12-2005, 11:30 AM
lets just start a riot!!



"starts burning random cars"

We want a manual!!! We want a manual!!

BobV_07
03-12-2005, 11:38 AM
One could check e-mule or Shareaza for a pdf. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif Just an idea! I posted a thread @UbiRazz asking if someone could post it in the forum for us to look at and I recieved no responce from him. He must be on vacation. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif


http://adjunct.diodon349.com/photopoint/0037/0046.jpg

BobV_07
03-12-2005, 12:35 PM
[QUOT] 47. (JORDIVONFONTS): I would like to know if you would be able to put the vessel identification manual in a pdf file, so we would be able to print it, and this way everyone that wants to use this printed pdf, instead of the in-game one, would do it.

(Devteam): If we can do it, you may have a recognition manual already printed in the game box. In any case, there will be a pdf file version available as well. [QUOT]


http://adjunct.diodon349.com/photopoint/0037/0046.jpg

hauitsme
03-12-2005, 01:33 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>BobV_07:
[QUOTE] 47. (JORDIVONFONTS): I would like to know if you would be able to put the vessel identification manual in a pdf file, so we would be able to print it, and this way everyone that wants to use this printed pdf, instead of the in-game one, would do it.

(Devteam): If we can do it, you may have a recognition manual already printed in the game box. In any case, there will be a pdf file version available as well. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So, is there or is there not a .pdf file for the recognition manual? That seems to be the question. I for one will have the file printed out professionally if it is.

RedTerex
03-12-2005, 02:18 PM
1200 manuals have been published, there will no more.
600 for pre-orders (all gone) and another 600 for publicity, promotions, competitions.
and thats it !

I think that Ubi were quite explicit when they stated this.

Even though I was lucky enough to place my order in time to get the manual with SH3 I still think its a bit daft that everyone apart from the other 599 cant have one.
Why they just didnt include it with all copies of SH3 is beyond my comprehension, I mean the manual is small enough to have "gone in the box" with the CD.

Maybe you guys should start a POLL and lobby for the manual, sometimes public responce to such an issue can sway them to do the right thing.

Bon Chance !

kilrathi36
03-12-2005, 05:14 PM
I am dissapointed in UBI for not allowing more people to get recognition manual, terrible decision.