PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed to DS

aiverson238
04-09-2007, 05:10 PM
I am very unsure of where GameStop is getting their information, and considering how stuipd the company is, they could be wrong, but Assassin's Creed might be heading to the DS as well.

Here's the article on gamespot (http://www.gamespot.com/news/6168794.html?action=convert&om_clk=latestnews&tag=latestnews;title;0)

The news is a bit disappointing IMO.

cudbug
04-09-2007, 05:13 PM
I dont think that's going to happen.

princeofyo
04-09-2007, 05:56 PM
How is it disapointing?

If anything it's good news. Not sure how good it will be on DS, but it's better then nothing I suppose (unless it really sucks of course, but if that happens we still have the Xbox, PS3, and PC version to make up for it)

aiverson238
04-09-2007, 06:19 PM
it's disappointing because it means Ubisoft is wasting resources on yet another port. The resources/time could be better spent improving the versions that will get the most support, meaning the xbox 360, PS3, and PC versions.

princeofyo
04-09-2007, 07:35 PM
I'm sure the other versions won't suffer because of this.

likeitsme
04-09-2007, 08:02 PM
Who said it'd be a port? Remember Sands of Time for the GameBoy? That was a brilliant and very original game.

Some people...
Isn't it obvious that with all the attention this game has generated, that it'll even be available for your left shoe if they had a chance to make it? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

princeofyo
04-09-2007, 08:14 PM
Damn, I had already preordered it for my right shoe...gotta switch that order ASAP!

Howler13
04-09-2007, 10:45 PM
It's like Oblivion on the PSP, it's not going to be a direct port, the PSP COULD NOT handle Oblivion, but they are doing a sort of spin-off, and that's probably what this will be. That's cool, because I have a DS, and I'll have to give it a try.

likeitsme, I played PoP:SoT on GBA, I think it was just a demo, but it was quite fun, a completely different game than the system ones.

zgubilici
04-10-2007, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by likeitsme:

Some people...
Isn't it obvious that with all the attention this game has generated, that it'll even be available for your left shoe if they had a chance to make it? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/3475/unsure7kv.gif It was sandal...wasn't it?http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/3475/unsure7kv.gif

ryukoken69
04-10-2007, 08:40 AM
AC on wii would be a cheap way for the govorments to train all of us on how to kill people so then they come and take us away to serve our countries they wont have to train us.

katz_bg
04-11-2007, 10:49 PM
Didn't we discuss this matter two months ago?
AC's AI cannot be handled by the current Nintendo products.
So to effectively quote Cosgrove: "Cut it out!"
Now read the most important part: they're unconfirmed titles for those consoles !!!

Howler13
04-11-2007, 11:01 PM
Hey, devs "dumb down" games for handhelds all the time, why should this game or generation be any different? It is unconfirmed, but that doesn't mean it can't/won't happen. It could be cool, if done well. Though I don't want the console/PC versions to take longer because they're diverting time and resources to this project...

ryukoken69
04-11-2007, 11:14 PM
and so maybe why its taking so long is that there makeing a dumbed down version.. one that WILL run on the Wii's system?
its not like they couldnt. they did it with call of duty 3 and a few other games that are on all 3 systems so why not make one with less graphic power and make it motion senitive for the Wii?
Theres gotta be some good reason why its been a good 6 months scence we had any kind of accual update as to how the games going. what we can expect if there are more delays or what not.
I even read an article where it said the PS3 version might even have a multiplayer mode.. did say might now... point being that each console will have a distinct differnce.
heres an excert from that article...

There wasn't much more news out of Ubisoft's camp, except that the team is trying to put together a package of downloadable content that Raymond could only say is "something ambitious." She hinted slightly at extended gameplay and possibly even some kind of multiplayer -- the team did create a prototype multiplayer and co-op mode. But, as of now, there is still nothing to announce.

While the PlayStation 3 and 360 versions of Assassin's Creed are virtually identical, Raymond did say that on the 360 the team is putting a special emphasis on Achievements. And while the 360 hardware enables Ubisoft's team to use multiple threads to enhance the crowd's AI, the end result for the game on both systems will be the same. "While the method for distributing AI load is different on each platform, the AI code itself is the same. Players will experience the exact same crowd results on PS3 and Xbox360," Ubisoft explained.
heres the link to it
http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/736/736325p1.html
-----------

So you never know what they might be doing. who knows maybe the Wii will get it first as it will be the simpliest one to develop as it wont need all the graphic power!
wouldn't that be a kick to the balls for all us 360 and PS3 owners?

Howler13
04-11-2007, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by ryukoken69:
So you never know what they might be doing. who knows maybe the Wii will get it first as it will be the simpliest one to develop as it wont need all the graphic power!
wouldn't that be a kick to the balls for all us 360 and PS3 owners?
That would make me laugh so hard.

Or, if after 6 months of no info, Ubi makes an anouncement this month saying, "Oh, by the way, the game comes out next week. Enjoy!" That would be a real kick in the pants. But a more enjoyable one (if that's possible).

Agent_Alpha
04-13-2007, 07:51 PM
That would be the BEST update evar.

princeofyo
04-13-2007, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by Agent_Alpha:
That would be the BEST update evar.

Not that would kinda suck if the game was suddenly going to be released a few days later. It wouldn't sell...

I expect Ubisoft to make tons of promotional commercials and other forms of advertisments so that the game sells very very well.

katz_bg
04-15-2007, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by Howler13:
Hey, devs "dumb down" games for handhelds all the time, why should this game or generation be any different? It is unconfirmed, but that doesn't mean it can't/won't happen. It could be cool, if done well. Though I don't want the console/PC versions to take longer because they're diverting time and resources to this project...
Oh yeah, I remember there were PoP versions for mobile phones.
In that case I'm getting AC for my Nokia 3410

randman2007
05-16-2007, 11:34 AM
I'd be ecstatic if they released a version of AC for the DS. I know it'd be different than the console/PC version, but it'd be a nice way to ride to work on the train.

It's a great way to ignore the smell of the homeless guy.

Besides, I don't think Ubisoft is "wasting resources" on developing a partner game for a completely different system. It'd be a whole different team of designers with a whole different skill set.

You should be more worried about Ubisoft wasting resources on completely DUMB games, like the most recent TMNT fiasco.