PDA

View Full Version : Where the hell are the Assassins when you need them?

Lethalla
12-28-2010, 09:28 PM
Okay, I love this game but without MP I think I'd be a bit (more) disappointed. The Assassin Recruits are useful in taking out guards when you've got to stay undetected, and of course in fights - but having spent the time training them up on contracts, why on earth would Ezio set off after Cesare alone? I really could have done with their help in the final showdown - esp since for 100% synch you're not supposed to drop below 5 health squares. My armour was half wrecked by the time I actually reached the guy, and the first time I tried it I ran out of medicine.
Grrrr...
Also I wish the Recruits were more upgradeable - having the choice of either set armour or weapon isn't really upgrading them. And as for the contracts, I've got most of mine at full Assassin status yet the hardest ones still only have at best < 60% chance of success, which I don't consider good odds.

Well, that's my 2 cents.

drizzit986
12-28-2010, 10:16 PM
My suggestion is to practice in the training on how to fight so that you can do the mission. I personally never had any trouble at all the multiple times I have gone through the game. I suggest having a good weapon and armor too, that helps.

Ass4ssin8me
12-28-2010, 11:09 PM
It's quite easy. What armor did you have?

jzsnyder
12-28-2010, 11:20 PM
I agree with you on the fact that the Assassin recruits aren't fighting Cesare with Ezio... But maybe they weren't willing to die? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

flyingeaglemile
12-28-2010, 11:54 PM
Someone needs to protect Rome.

LordWolv
12-29-2010, 12:56 AM
Sequence 9 was easy. I lost 1 health square before Cesare and used 3 throwing knifes. It would be awesome if I could use the recruits, but I suceeded anyway.

The only thing I do with my recruits these days is revist the sequence with the french, and go off to all their camps. Call all six of my assassinos and watch them crush in seconds.

ChaosxNetwork
12-29-2010, 01:36 AM
What about [Spoiler] the battle just before Ceasre gets arrested were you are fighting lots of guards along side La Valpe and them, did you not use them hen? As it is classed as one large battle so their job is never finished http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Rakudaton
12-29-2010, 04:21 AM
And as for the contracts, I've got most of mine at full Assassin status yet the hardest ones still only have at best < 60% chance of success, which I don't consider good odds.

Um... you do realise you can put multiple assassins on each contract, bumping up the success rate? Didn't you notice how there are 5 slots for each mission? Here's how it works:

--> Send Assassin A = 30% chance of success
--> Send Assassin B = 50% chance of success
--> Send Assassins A & B = 80% chance of success

If your assassins are all at the maximum level, it should only take two of them per 5-star mission to get a 100% chance of success.

Razrback16
12-29-2010, 06:19 AM
Originally posted by Lethalla:
Okay, I love this game but without MP I think I'd be a bit (more) disappointed. The Assassin Recruits are useful in taking out guards when you've got to stay undetected, and of course in fights - but having spent the time training them up on contracts, why on earth would Ezio set off after Cesare alone? I really could have done with their help in the final showdown - esp since for 100% synch you're not supposed to drop below 5 health squares. My armour was half wrecked by the time I actually reached the guy, and the first time I tried it I ran out of medicine.
Grrrr...
Also I wish the Recruits were more upgradeable - having the choice of either set armour or weapon isn't really upgrading them. And as for the contracts, I've got most of mine at full Assassin status yet the hardest ones still only have at best < 60% chance of success, which I don't consider good odds.

Well, that's my 2 cents.

Yeah I would recommend using the VR Training as others have suggested. The last time I played the game through on the final mission, I think I lost maybe 1 or 2 health squares. The thing with Cesare is to keep attacking him, do not let him shoot you with his gun.

TreFacTor
12-29-2010, 10:37 AM
The ending was disappointing to me. The fight was not nearly epic enough, and rather quite easy. There really wasn't any need to take the assassin recruits or it would have been a cake walk. The easiest way to beat Ceasar is to just grab him and beat him up with your hands till he drops to the ground, pick him up and repeat. Kill the guards as they come up, then turn your attention back to Ceasar. This was one of the easier 100% sync challenges IMO.

Inorganic9_2
12-29-2010, 10:56 AM
The end battle is epic if you let it. Try using your sword rather than just cheap methods of grabbing him constantly. It takes skill to fight Cesare and his guards without getting hit.

I don't see why so many people had a problem with the mission though. It's possible to get to cesare without fighting if you are willing to use some bullets, knives or crossbow bolts.

rocketxsurgeon
12-29-2010, 11:02 AM
I managed to get Cesare on the first go. I didn't find it too challenging, but i admit that the help of the assassin recruits would have been greatly appreciated especially earlier in the level.

You just need to deal with the guards accordingly and watch your back and get ready to defend. If someone looks as though they're going to attack, block it and counter, then back to Cesare.

The gun is also very useful for getting rid of guards, quickly and efficiently so make sure your topped up.

Rinse & Repeat.

I also advise tackling the brutes first as you progress. Just give them a few kicks and a wave of the sword should sort them out.

Inorganic9_2
12-29-2010, 11:12 AM
The first time you end up in open conflict, you cna avoid it by taking the route to the right along the beams and rooftops and miss the combat entirely. After you jump from the siege tower, wait a few seconds (for the arquebusier to move) and then use the crane to your right. Then you have an almost clear route along the rooftops to get to the second siege tower (you might need to kill an arquebusier on the way though)

RipYourSpineOut
12-29-2010, 06:22 PM
Ezio felt as if facing off against Cesare was his fight, and his alone. It might just be a matter of honor, you know, mano a mano (even though Cesare doesn't take that path, Ezio I suppose thinks differently.)